NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released

Constitutionalist
30 points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

I'm not so shocked, but it's quite possible the police chief had to pretend he was lest he also be accused of racism.

"It bothered me. It really bothered me, thinking about the racial unrest it could've cost in the community and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that would come out and just tell a lie."

The left doesn't want race relations to get better (especially not with Trump in the WH). When communities explode in racial unrest it gives justification for their arguments and increases the likelihood they will retain or increase their power.

In an America with no racism whatsoever the NAACP would have no reason to exist, and they know it.

Tucker Carlson Conservative

Latching onto this comment. This is also partially true with the LGBT community as well. This is why we're seeing major mission creep from places like GLAAD into the transgender issue. After the nationwide gay marriage decision there was suddenly nothing more to rally behind. Loads of wind was taken out of their sails.

This is one the reasons why we're seeing a major pivot towards absolutely insane stuff like 8-year old drag queens and transitioning preteens. I believe many LGBT organizations are currently in the death throes and you will the voting block of the LGBT community start to fracture as right-wing parties go more towards libertarian-based social policies.

Comment deleted2 months ago(2 children)

They always seem to leave the accusations vague, undefined, and unquestionable. When they are called out to provide such evidence, typically they lash out and say asking for evidence in itself is racist or the interaction was racist if you look at it through a historical lens. Mental gymnastics is all it really is. Everyone wants to be a victim these days as there is a good amount of social currency one can mine from being a victim.

Conservative

Not to mention hard currency. Victimbux are a thing.

Constitutionalist

The leftists overplayed their hand in demanding body cameras on police. Apparently they forgot that their strategy of perpetual exploitation of victimization is largely based on hyperbole and outright hoaxes. Now their narratives can be challenged one hoax at a time.

Republic of Texas

I've already seen some leftist groups come out and say body cameras for police are racist tools meant to keep blacks oppressed.

Conservative

What really bugs me is this piece of shit was perfectly willing to ruin the cop's life just so he can gain some attention for himself. If not for the body cam, the cop would have been suspended, possibly fired and possibly lose his pension. All because this asshole was tired of being the victim bridesmaid and never the victim bride. Fuck this guy.

Cultural Conservative

That's been my argument for police to wear body cams all along. The body cams show the TRUTH and can't be demeaned as taking a subjective side. They only show what really happened.

They're not a threat to cops that do their jobs within the boundaries of the law.

They're not a threat to law-abiding citizens.

Conservative

The issue is that as storage and processing gets cheaper, you have a fully monitored populace. That's why I'm against them - not for what they do now, but what they can do in the future with minimal effort.

Conservative
4 points · 2 months ago · edited 1 month ago

deleted 0.2621 What is ^^^this?

Conservative

Kind of like "Reverend" Al Sharpton Sullies the title so badly.

Mugs > Tumblers

I lol'ed!

Conservative

and he was the president, the guy in charge. This should tell you all this carnival barking huckster organization is all about.

Keep America divided, keep up the false "institutional racism" trope or they cannot exist.

I guess advancing "Colored People" isn't profitable.

Conservative

Clearly there isn't enough racism to support the demand these days

Libertarian

I feel like a lot of people have been raised to believe they are victims of the system, oppressed and marginalized. Then when it doesn't manifest, they create it to avoid having to admit they were wrong. It's tough to change someone's world view, even if it's not real.

Mugs > Tumblers

Cognitive Dissonance is tough

Go to a college class you'll see just how right you are.

"The demand for racism has outstripped supply" One of my favorite quotes recently.

Conservative

"When I saw the video, I was shocked that someone who is supposed to be a community leader, a pastor, and head of the NAACP would just come out and tell a blatant lie,” the police chief said. “It bothered me. It really bothered me, thinking about the racial unrest it could've cost in the community and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that would come out and just tell a lie.”

Indeed, this kind of thing is absolutely pernicious....and should compel his resignation from the NAACP.

Mugs > Tumblers

and should compel his resignation from the NAACP.

Too bad it won't. :(

Conservative

You're right. Leftists only resign when they do something to violate the left-wing ethos. Lying about police doesn't qualify.

Conservative

Our victim groups need to be more careful when spinning their tales of lies. Now of course this assclown will not be nationally shamed because this incident is censored out of the lying liberal media, but at least this should end the bullshit over this incident.

Conservatism is Cool

Too bad it's not on CNN or anything. Anytime someone just sees "fox" or "Dailywire" or "FreeBecon" it's downvoted n spammed as fake.

Conservatarian

I feel like there's a genuine 50-50 shot any claim like this will turn out to bea lie.

This is America.

Some people don't know how to lie subtly, they go straight for the over-the-top kill shots. Apparently his wife is on board with lying too. I don't think either should be in charge of anything.

I'm shocked and appalled ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Mugs > Tumblers

Wow...I'm falbergasted.

The driver lied so hard! What a jackass

Conservative
-1 points · 2 months ago

Has anyone here been pulled over for failing to signal? I never have.

The place for Conservatives on Reddit.

r/Conservative Rules
Civility
Racism
Spam
Brigading
Shitpost
Title not from article
Concern Troll
Violates Mission Statement
I Am Thin Skinned
I'm a troll and this offends me because I'm a wuss
Related Subreddits