It's the end of the world as we know it, and this is a sub to monitor humanity's progress as we make our own extinction an imminent reality.
If you're savvy with running a subReddit and modifying styles, graphics, implementing flair, things like that, drop me (currently the sole mod) a message.
I made this subreddit because I'm tired of feeling like the only person I know that's worried about the clear signs in the world today that things are going bad fast. Also, to stand as an "I told you so."
Example topics, in no particular order:
- Climate change
- Food / water shortages
- Natural disasters
- Disease outbreaks / pandemics
- Refugee crises
- Political instability and social unrest caused by rampant wealth inequality
- Erosion of civil liberties, dystopia, growing totalitarianism, mass data surveillance as it relates to increasingly fascist and totalitarian rule worldwide
- News involving anything that can end humanity / cause the collapse of human societies, or contribute to it
Topics that this sub is NOT about:
- Religious prophecy (unless it relates to current real-world activities, such as suicide cults, terrorism, religiously motivated warfare, that kind of thing; NOT "zomfg the Bible / Koran / Epic of Gilgamesh says the world will end like this or that")
- Conspiracy theories (no "Reptile overlords from the planet Zod have replaced our government"-type nonsense, /r/conspiracy is for that)
- Climate change denial (this is an instantly bannable offense, simply no patience for this bullshit)
Usual rules apply, don't be a dick, etc. Please try to use reasonably respectable, scientifically-literate news sources (paranoid blogs and crazy stuff? No thanks). Also:
- Climate change denial is an instantly bannable offense.
- Overpopulation is an important topic but is often hijacked as a xenophobic right-wing dog whistle. Overpopulation here refers to worldwide human overpopulation, not "I don't like immigrants" or "let third world countries go to hell coz I got mine". Plenty of other subs for that.