Rules for Participating
(1) Be nice. Always remember the human and follow the reddiquette. Comments which are inflammatory, racist, rude, attacking, etc. are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
(2) This is a subreddit dedicated to the undergraduate and transfer admissions process. Keep discussion on topic. Do not post spam (any off-topic and low quality post) or solicitations. Keep 'chance me' and 'review my college essay' posts to /r/ChanceMe and /r/CollegeEssayReview, respectively. Such posts are subject to removal here.
(3) Use descriptive titles. "HELP", "Urgent!!!!!", and otherwise obnoxious titles may be removed at moderator discretion.
(4) When asking advice, provide as much pertinent info as possible (e.g. SAT/GPA/URM, grade, location, etc.).
(5) Do not encourage people to or solicit information on how to lie on applications, plagarize essays, or otherwise do unethical things. Posts explicitly condoning such behavior will be removed and users will be banned at mod discretion.
(6) Flaired admissions professionals must adhere to the NACAC code of ethics at penalty of removal of flair or a ban.
(7) AMAs by admissions pros must be reviewed by the moderation team. Please click here to request an AMA.
(8) The mods reserve the right to lock threads or delete comment chains that result in large amounts of violations of the above rules as well as ban users depending on the severity of the infraction.