Archived

What 'average' activity are you amazingly shitty at?

2.0k comments
1.9k points · 6 months ago

Trying to make a sketch of anything. It looks like I've tried to draw it using only my elbows. Have you ever seen those videos of the elephant that they give a paintbrush and paints to? He is able to make a more accurate rendering of an object than I am.

Same here and I hated those excruciating years at school when you had to take art. My "flowers in a vase" almost had the art teacher in tears and not because it was beautiful.

I once made a vase in 6th grade which looked like the shell of a tortoise and the art teacher humiliated me in front of the whole class.

16 more replies

7 more replies

When I used to teach English and had to illustrate vocabulary words on the whiteboard, I would have my kindergartners do it. This was partly because it meant a lot to them and mostly because they drew better pictures than I did.

Jup same here. My 3 year old and i are on the same level.

And then people say "just practice and you'll get better! There's no such thing as talent, just hard work and dedication."

I've tried to draw for the better part of a decade, even taken multiple classes, and have not improved at all. I can accept that there's no such thing as being naturally good or talented at drawing, but I know for a fact that some people, like myself, are naturally shitty.

It is practice but also being able to actually see what you draw is a difficult concept for most people. A common problem when people start off drawing is "Symbol Drawing" - that is drawing what you know, not what you see. Example: You draw what you "think" an eye looks like, but in reality eyes don't look like footballs with spikes for lashes.

You're right though, some people comprehend drawing by seeing easier than others. Everyone learns at their own pace. Some people practice incorrectly. I always think "Perfect practice makes Perfect."

But also remember, if drawing feels like a chore, you probably won't be able to get very far. Art takes a lot of time and dedication.

24 more replies

1.3k points · 6 months ago

Whistling. I never even figured out how to whistle until I was well into adulthood, and I can't make it change pitch or anything fancy.

I’ll teach you to whistle if you can teach me to roll my Rs

Spanish in high school, Spanish in college, grew up in Florida, spent a month studying Spanish in Mexico as an adult, and I still can't roll my Rs.

68 points · 6 months agoGilded1

Say "AAAAH". Meanwhile, move the tongue on the roof of your mouth, NOT directly behind your teeth, but further away from your teeth.

Is that for rolling Rs or whistling???

Original Poster193 points · 6 months ago

Tell me about it. All I can manage till now is spew spit or get my fingers wet to no success :|

Try whispering the letter q.

Now I'm just sitting here whispering the letter q, but it still doesn't even come close to whistling.

12 more replies

44 more replies

Wrapping presents. No matter how much effort I put into it I just can’t get it right

Original Poster458 points · 6 months ago

There's always a crappy flap that spoils the whole symmetry :(

18 more replies

I was terrible at it until I worked at a gift shop and had to do it all day. The biggest mistake you can make is to use more paper than you need. It’s impossible to make it look neat if you have huge swathes of extra paper to tuck in. Take your time and figure out how much you need before you cut it.

4 more replies

Just paint the gift, then it'll look like its wrapped

2 more replies

Gift bags are the greatest invention of all time.

2 more replies

Just tape down every random flap

And then you've gotta tape down the tape, too.

I just use tape for it all. No paper. It's the only way to be sure.

buy gift bags

I'm so happy that gift bags are a standard in my family and circle of friends

We've been exchanging the same set of gift bags for the past 20 years. It's tradition now.

7 more replies

6 more replies

i use aluminum foil to wrap my gifts. people usually go like, wtf is this? to which i reply, it's your gift douchebag. now stop looking at the wrapping and open it

Was just about to say this, glad I'm not the only one who had that idea. I used it for one particularly difficult present for my niece. She's only 2, like she gives a fuck that it's tinfoil.

Comment deleted6 months ago(2 children)

28 more replies

Blanket. I get it twisted up and it only covers a third of the surface area it should. My boyfriend always gets the bewildered kind of frustrated when he comes to bed. "This is not a thing you can be bad at!"

You're the person struggling in Snuggie commercials!

8 more replies

I can't catch anything one-handed. My wife gives me a hard time about this and always throws random stuff in my direction,and I always close my hand after it bounces off.

That’s hilarious. Your wife is like an overly demanding dad for this 1 specific thing.

I don't have a problem catching stuff, but if you want people to stop throwing stuff at you, I have something you can try.
Watch it as it comes at you, take a step to the side and continue to watch it. Then look at whomever, straight in the eyes for a good 5 seconds and then walk away.

Just turn your back and let it bounce off. See George Michael.

8 more replies

1.5k points · 6 months ago

Sleeping. I get shitty sleep; I don’t feel rested. I’m just shit at sleep.

• No staring at lit screens for an hour before bed. No TV. No phone. No tablet. If you use an e-reader, turn any backlight way down.

• no caffeine for 6 hours before bed.

• use only natural fibers on your bed. Cotton sheets and blankets. No synthetics or fleece. They may trap heat but they also don’t breathe. And can trap more moisture that would otherwise evaporate.

• ideal temperature. You might be too warm. Your body temp drops when you sleep so experiment by setting the thermostat down by 4 or 5 degrees cooler than you usually have it during the day.

• no light: invest in some “blackout” curtains or blinds so that your room is actually dark, and not just relatively dark.

• exercise. If you run or lift during the day, especially earlier in the day, then your body is likely to be genuinely fatigued and you’ll sleep deeper

• water. Stay well hydrated and your body has an easier job resting, regulating your temperature, and resting.

• and duh, get a good mattress and pillow(s).

This guy rests.

I appreciate this.

11 more replies

Maybe you have sleep apnea, you should look it up

3 more replies

Do you take anything to help, like melatonin or moon drops?

Have you cleared away the "light junk" in your sleeping area, things that make extra light that you don't notice but still emit enough light to be disruptive? For me, my wireless router has to be in my bedroom, but I found out that I slept much better once I covered up the light that it produced from its little signal indicators.

Other things that help me are temperature control (I wake up when I'm too hot), being thirsty or hungry, etc.

Good luck, I hope it gets better for you!

Moon drops?

Crystal Meth, after being awake for a full week you sleep like a baby.

This guy slumbers

Code word for Skooma.

Khajiit has Nyquil if you have coin

5 more replies

69 more replies

Blowing up the balloons. It's not as easy as it looks.

Original Poster269 points · 6 months ago

Dude, and part on tying the knot. It takes me so much time that the air seeps out and I'm left with this shit of a ballsack balloon.

Try wrapping the end around two fingers. Then you can open the fingers slightly to put the end bit in between the fingers. There's no way you can go under the tightly wound rubber easily with no leeway for closing the knot!

12 more replies

Cleaning tubs. I can make everything else in the bathroom sparkle like a diamond but when I try doing the tub it goes wrong. I will end up with so much water everywhere that I may as well be fighting off alligators waiting for an emergency air evac.

For me it's my shower. How am I supposed to rinse it down without half drowning myself? I feel lucky when I get through it without major bodily injury. Yet, I've had professional cleaners in before, and they somehow manage not to end up looking like a drowned rat after a wild sewer ride in a monsoon, so I know it must be possible.

Next day off, clean it while you take a shower. I clean the shower first, then myself. I had the same issue as you until I came to this epiphany.

I can't believe this even needs to be said.

"I have problems not getting my clothes soaked in the place I spend 99% of my time nude"

Real easy solution there.

2 more replies

This is what I do too! I wear shower flops while I clean so my feets don't get covered in the cleaning supplies.

10 more replies

Photography. I don’t cut people’s heads off in pictures or anything, but the framing always sucks and every picture I take is deeply mediocre.

Not really a photographer, but my step dad is.

Rule 1 is the rule of 3. Picture a 3x3 grid on top of your pictures and use that to frame your photo. Like put the horizon line on the lower horizontal lines, a tree on the right line, something like that. It's not foolproof, but I can take ok landscapes and group photos.

5 more replies

Dancing. Damn I suck at it. Got no rhythm.

Do you have guilty feet?

Yep.

Though it’s easy to pretend, I know you’re not a fool

Should've known better than to cheat a friend.

And waste this chance that I've been given

So I'm never gonna dance again

The way I danced with you

saxophone

2 more replies

So you're saying that you don't have rhythm, but listen what you're doing right there!

With that stamp and a book, you've got a real nice hook. Sounds to me like you have rhythm to spare.

I have no idea what you're talking about, he's got as much rhythm as that chair.

What happened to me was a tragedy, I don’t have to be a millionaire.

I got a sweet gig goin on here, got all the books that I can read.

All these sweet old ladies and this carpet from the eighties, what more could a librarian need?

Besides I ain't got rhythm

No I ain't got rhythm

I said I ain't got rhythm

2 more replies

Im just stiff when im made to do shit like dancing :(

I hear you man. My girlfriend (now wife) took me to learn salsa. Everyone was shimmying and gyrating. I couldn't do the hip rotation thingy if I'd had a gun put to my head. My girl took one look at my pathetic shuffling and said she loved me anyway. Right then, I knew she was the one!

10 more replies

Just do the Carlton. It was created specifically to give white people with no rhythm something to dance to and pretend to be doing it ironically. You'll get laughs and nobody will be the wiser. It's fool proof.

43 more replies

Cutting with scissors, I can’t cut in a straight line even if I’ve marked it out.

I just use a scalpel and ruler. Scissors are frustrating as fuck.

6 more replies

Are you by any chance a leftie. Left-handed hear and I can't cut paper for nuts!

I'm a leftie and I can't either. Ambidextrous scissors are just so damn uncomfortable for my sausage fingers, and I have never given enough of a damn to buy a left handed set.

3 more replies

I'm right handed and have the same problem; I can't keep my hand steady.

5 more replies

6 more replies

Same, even when they provide lines for guidance I end up with some of them in, some of them out of the cut. To rub salt in the wound, people sometimes tell me a little kid can do a better job...

5 more replies

Maintaining a conversation.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

What was Wenger thinking, sending Walcott on that early?

Thing about Arsenal, they always try to walk it in.

Yeah it is true. See you later, Moss.

3 more replies

I’m in sales and have to make small talk constantly with strangers every day. I️ have to have 2 hour long lunches and dinners with people I’ve never met on the regular. I️ wouldn’t say I’m an expert, but I’ve learned a few things that might be able to help.

We, as humans, deal with a lot of common things: Kids/family, hobbies, major life changes, pets, weather, where people are “from”, news, their job (especially things that they like or hate about it), traveling, food, or something unique they’re wearing are all good things to open with until you can find something juicier. Why are you both in a conversation in the first place? For work? At the same bar? Have a common friend? In a waiting room? Start with something about that. The small talk dream is to arrive at something both you and they actually care about and/or have in common and therefore can talk about at length. You help them figure out what interests you they help you discover their interests. Sometimes they overlap, sometimes they don’t, but you can at least ask questions about the hints they’re giving you to keep the convo going.

Each comment someone makes hopefully gives you a tangent you could possibly travel down conversationally. The trick is to not only notice these nuggets of interest, but to kind of store them up and remember them if a tangent you’re on runs dry. When you are traveling down a tangent that ends, that’s usually how conversations stop and become awkward. Both you and they apparently don’t know or care enough about that topic. Try another. You need to bring a nugget out of the vault from something they said before to keep it going. “Oh and you were saying before that (you just moved here/you just got married/you just had a kid/your dog chewed your briefcase/you hurt your foot running/you got that jacket in Italy/whatever)? Then ask an open-ended question about that. Don’t say “And you said before that you saw the new Star Wars movie? Did you like it?” Say “And you mentioned that you saw that new Star Wars movie - how do you think it stacked up to the rest of them?” Or “what was your favorite part?” If they mentioned they saw it, it probably means something to them. Maybe they’re a Star Wars fanatic and could talk your ear off about it. Do you care? Maybe. But at least you’re learning about each other a bit.

This ended up being much longer than I thought. Hope it helps!

TL;DR - find commonality, learn to notice and remember possible conversational tangents, and ask open-ended questions. Small talk is inherently boring at first, but hopefully you’ll both discover something you care about mutually more than average. Then again, maybe both of you will be not so great at small talk and it will just suck. But you can always try to improve!

8 more replies

Remembering names of celebrities - it makes conversations hard sometimes when the main subject is actors or singers. I just don't take it in haha

I’m useless at that too, whenever someone mentions an actor I’ll always have to ask what films they’ve been in before I’ll know if I know who they are or not. And I’ll refer to them as the characters they’ve played, like calling Daniel Radcliffe Harry Potter because I can’t remember his real name.

7 more replies

See I remember actors but not film titles.

I've googled "Jake Gyllenhaal train movie" an embarrassing number of times

3 more replies

Well at least it doesn't matter too much.

23 more replies

Comment deleted6 months ago(37 children)

Driving? Yeah, I can do that.

Parallel and backwards parking? Might as well be a death sentence.

7 more replies

47 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

I drive only during holidays, when the roads are empty.

The trick to driving is not using turning signals and tailgating as often as possible.

drive like you do when you play grand theft auto

I'd be fine then, I am a good driver in gta, just a couple of streetlamps here and there.

1 more reply

My sister can't really park, one time she was in a parking garage and trying to get out of the space, she couldn't do it so my dad had to help her move the steering wheel the right way. The person who was waiting behind her car said "Does she have a license?" felt kinda bad for that guy, he had to wait like 5 min.

I watched a woman at my old apartment complex try for 10 minutes to fail to park her car in a parking space. I went and offered my assistance in the most polite way possible. I think I said something along the lines of "It looks like you're driving a car you're not all that familiar with. Would you like some help parking it?" She accepted and was astonished when I had it backed into the space in under a minute.

so that's more common than I thought, that was very nice of you.

1 more reply

My sister uses her Sat Nav every day driving to work, and in Winter if she finishes past 5pm instead of driving back home she'll spend the night at my dad's house to avoid driving in the dark.

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

11 more replies

Is sex an average activity?

Considering the large population we have...I guess yeah.

Speak for yourself.

14 more replies

Pro-tip: learn to be great at oral. If you're a dude who finishes too early, stop and start eating her out. If you have no rythm, and your hips do in fact lie, let your tongue get some reps. If you're a chick who's awkward and lays there, oral will make the guy not care.

5 more replies

4 more replies

Following geographical directions verbatim. I simply just type addresses into my smartphone now.

This is why I cut people off and ask for an address now. It's annoying when people try to hammer auditory directions into my head. Goddammit, I'm going to forget that shit.

I navigate via landmarks usually, or more accurately buildings. I'm not memorising street names, my brain is full of enough crap as it is. That being said, my car has an internal gps unit, which has saved my ass a number of times.

4 more replies

What's worse is when I explain this same thing to people, and they persist in trying to explain directions with landmarks and local references. It's like they just don't believe me when I repeatedly stress how terrible I am with directions.

I almost had a Craigslist buy get cancelled because every time I asked for a street address, I'd get "do you know that parking lot next to Generic Burger Joint?"

"Not particularly. Can you send me an address?"

"What about the Target west of the zoo?"

"I couldn't point to 'west' with a gun to my head. Can you just text me an address?"

7 more replies

Man that drives me up the fucking wall. I can somewhat understand people my parent’s age doing this since that’s how they did it for quite a while. But people my age? Dude you have a smartphone too. You know how this works.

Man that drives me up the fucking wall

Then down the street, second exit on the left.

9 more replies

remembering names. I train with a bunch of people and do not remember the names of half of em...after 2-3 years of training together.

God I hate this. It's so awkward.

Heeeeyyy...... mate. Long time no see right?

God the worst part is when somebody tells you to go get the thing from Steve cuz then you're like

"sure Steve. right...which, uhh, which Steve again? I always get them confused."

5 more replies

14 more replies

Small talk

Me: Hi

Other person: Hi

Me: So how's it going?

Other person: Yea its going good, you?

Me: Yep

Two seconds pass

Me: Like, its going alright mate

Other person: Yea right that's nice

Three seconds pass

Me: Some weather huh?

Other person: Yea its pretty typical

Me: Yes

More awkward silence

Other person: You come here often?

Me: Yes, sometimes. You?

Other person: Not really

Silence

Other person: Right, I have to, um...

Me: Oh yea, I need to do something

Other person: Nice meeting you

Hey thanks for that. I reckon I could do small talk now you've showed me how.

But that's not-- ah, fuck it.

7 more replies

18 more replies

Me too. How you going?

Thanks. You too

Okay.

Yep

Coool

8 more replies

"so do you like bread"

Original Poster84 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

I do have some friends who are weirdly smooth at that. However, I believe it's a skill to practice; most of us are usually not good at it.

it's just a big part of my job that I've been doing for years but I feel like I haven't improved at all

it's because you've peaked

No; he hasn't even begun to peak, and when he does, all of Philadelphia will feel it.

1 more reply

People LOOOVE to shit on small talk, but it’s a learned social skill that is actually very beneficial to getting through life.

13 more replies

Sweeping. Fuck me, I just move shit around, and every time someone See's me do it, they start telling me I'm doing it all wrong - I agree, nothing's cleaner after I've swept it - but I don't know what else to do about it. I don't see the different thing others are doing. I have always failed at it. No fucking clue how.

Make a tiny pile then collect it with a Dustpan.

If innumerable demonstrations throughout my life failed to make me figure out what I'm getting wrong, I doubt a sentence on Reddit will :P

17 more replies

4 more replies

Could you post a video of you sweeping. I’m really curious.

25 more replies

Chopsticks. For the love of god, I can't use them. I even had a girl from Tokyo try to teach me. "After twenty minutes she finally said, We use forks and spoons in Japan too. "

God damnit yes. I've looked at almost every single tutorial video or website and I cannot do it. I can never figure out what I'm doing wrong.

4 more replies

Remembering names of people I've just met. It takes me weeks to remember new names.

3 more replies

Slicing/chopping food. What takes most people a few minutes, takes me at least double the amount of time if not more.

10 more replies

I can't snap my fingers. I'm 25 years old, and I can't fucking do it. Any time I tell some one that, they do the same fucking thing. "It's easy, you just do this," and they snap their fingers. It ain't that fucking easy for me!

The snap isn't with your fingers. Imagine it like a spring. Your finger will push against your thumb and build up kinetic energy, then let it slip off your thumb full force to hit your palm right below your thumb.

The sound is made when your finger hits the palm.

Your two strongest fingers are the middle and ring and usually those are the ones you can snap with.

A spring doesn’t build up kinetic energy, it builds up elastic potential energy.

You're not alone.

13 more replies

Being social.

3 more replies

Catching anything even when prefaced by 'here, catch'. My instinct is always to duck and has been all my life. I don't know why that should be given that the countries I've lived in are the UK, Australia and New Zealand where nobody is likely to lob something lethal at you.

I also cant throw anything at anyone however small or large unless I use a netball throw (clutch item to middle of bra and then throw).

well you might be good at hanging motionless

7 more replies

I can't back up a vehicle with a trailer on it. We had a boat, but I had to leave it in the water at the marina all the time so I could use it because I couldn't get it in and out of the water at the dock like a normal person. I can back up in a car, but attach something to the end of it and something in my brain just short circuits.

Same here. I ended up being very good at driving the boat because there was no way in hell I was getting that trailer down the ramp at all, let alone straight.

It was always amazing watching the husbands flip shit at their wives, who were never allowed to drive the damn boat, when they could not back the boat off the trailer properly. The bigger/newer the boat, the bigger the meltdown. I used to joke with friends about the boat ramp being divorce central.

8 more replies

Having one consistent signature. If I sign my name ten times it looks like ten different but equally incompetent forgers tried to forge the same guy's signature. Seems like everyone else masters this by high school but I'm now in my 30s and nope. Hopefully never leads to a situation where I'm accused of not being myself lol

1 more reply

Wiping my ass. Seriously, no matter how much I wipe there's always shit appearing. I break out the wet wipes and there is still shit. I need a bidet apparently.

Or a better diet. Get some fibre dude

6 more replies

"it's like wiping a magic marker!"

7 more replies

My mom got an attachable bidet for one of our toilets and let me say this... it changes your life. You become impeccably clean down there and you only need toilet paper to dry.

11 more replies

23 more replies

Meeting Keanu Reeves

5 more replies

Having friends

I'll be your friend. :)

What a cunt ^

You don't need to PM me for me to know what you're feeling.

(It's probably a dick in your ass.)

licks lips

1 more reply

Using hand tools. I can fully understand what Im working on and know exactly how to do it but somewhere between brain, hands and tools it all breaks down which generally leads to losts of cursing and throwing things.

2 more replies

I cannot ride a bike. Never learned, never had an interest or need to learn

6 more replies

Small talk. I'll talk your ass off if you get me going on the right subject, but small talk? Kill me now.

1 more reply

Lighting a match. On the off chance it does work I surprise myself and put it out due to sheer panic.

2 more replies

Can't do the hover pee in public restrooms. I just put down some TP or a seat cover and sit comfortably to do my business.

Just get people to stop hover peeing! There is only piss on the seats because of people hover peeing in the first place! It's the circle of piss.

3 more replies

Assuming there's nothing on the seat before you sit down just trust your immune system will protect you.

You could literally have aids, and sit on a seat with polio, smallpox, black death, and ebola on it and as long as you're not full of open wounds you'd be fine

And if you are full of open wounds, hey, that's the next person's problem!

4 more replies

Omg this and peeing outdoors. I just...cant.

6 more replies

Why bother even putting down the toilet paper? It doesn't actually do anything.

It mops up the pee from the other people.

So then you're just sitting on the pee mop and not the pee directly

You clean the pee off then set down extra paper just incase you missed some.

1 more reply

Right? I mean unless there's literally shit in the seat I just sit down. Like I've got time to make a damn work of art with toilet paper when I gotta piss

5 more replies

12 more replies

Remembering to put out the garbage. Friggin Thursdays...

3 more replies

Navigation. I am AWFUL at it. I always assume the person driving knows where we’re going...which leads to a lot of ‘...oh uh that was our turn...sorry!’

Doesn’t help I also somehow can’t tell my left from my right 🤦🏼‍♀️ so it’s also a lot of ‘okay! Turn left here!....no! Sorry! I meant right!’ I’m a reasonably clever 31yo and I still have to do the ‘left’ and ‘right’ fingers.

5 more replies

Gardening. I inherited my mother's black thumb and even though I would like to have a garden and plants, I am never able to keep them alive very long.

You're probably over watering your plants. If you touch the soil and a little sticks to your finger the plants are A-OK. Tip from my Grandfather who was an amazing gardener, I stopped killing plants when I learned it.

6 more replies

Comment deleted6 months ago(10 children)
Original Poster28 points · 6 months ago

Sometimes I poop it all in a go and it makes my poop n' twitter experience quite a disappointment :/

8 more replies

Cleaning, according to my husband

17 more replies

Conversing about one topic. I'll get distracted by a thought, say it aloud and then the conversation changes until it circle backs or develops elsewhere. After a while, friends get used to that I will change the topic for no reason at random points. Only exception is when it's important, then you have my full attention.

5 more replies

I can't whistle, blow up balloons, sing, do accents or impressions. So breathing, basically.

1 more reply

I'm really terrible at ice skating. My little sister was really good, and even gave lessons. I just couldn't get the hang of it.

2 more replies

Opening envelopes. I maul the mail.

That's just a good excuse to buy a letter opener and be a badass opening mail with a dagger

4 more replies

Remembering literally anything ever, especially stuff that I don't find interesting.

I cannot for the life of me tie my shoe laces.

In kindergarten every child, me included, learned how to do it but I somehow forgot how to do it once I entered elementary school.

Since then a lot of people have tried to teach me how to do it but until this day nobody was able to teach me.

I am sorry to hear of your plight, although I also find myself amused.

So what do you do? Not buy shoes with shoelaces? Have others tie your shoes? Not tie your shoes at all?

I only wear shoes that either have velcro straps or zippers on the side.

The last time I really wore shoes with shoelaces was when I was going ice skating with my former best friend. She knew of my incompetence and just tied my shoes for me.

I’m assuming you’re a woman? I can’t think of any men’s shoes other than loafers or sandals that don’t have laces.

15 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

In Germany there are a lot of shoe shops that don't have laces. It's a cultural thing, I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I was the same until I hit the age of 16 and was like "This is ridiculous." spent like the next 4 hours just trying to tie my shoes. I still prefer shoes with no laces as they're quicker and easier to get into, but I can indeed tie my shoes now.

17 more replies

Remembering how to go someplace. Went to a place that was three minutes from the train station five times before I remembered how to get there.

My friends tease me by asking if I know how to get home every time we go out.

Making unique comments on reddit. Everyone else always makes them before I do!

16 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

I snap my fingers at your comment. And whistle at that guy's comment! I can wipe my ass too! Hah I love this thread!! I'm so fucking good at stuff! I'm so good at being average. Huh.

I can’t whistle in any form, nor can I click my fingers.

3 more replies

Living. I'm constantly told how terrible I am at it. People's reaction over the years is that I should just take it back to the shop and forget the whole thing all together.

5 more replies

901 more replies

/r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions.

r/AskReddit Rules
Rule 1 - Questions must be clear and direct
Rule 2 - No personalized advice requests
Rule 3 - Open ended questions only
Rule 4 - No personal info
Rule 5 - No loaded questions
Rule 6 - No questions seeking professional advice
Rule 7 - No begging for goods or services
Rule 8 - No demeaning terms or personal attacks
Rule 9 - No image only replies or large ascii art
Comments in [Serious] posts must be on topic
Ideas for r/AskReddit

Do you have an idea or feedback for r/AskReddit? Submit it to: