What is your, "I know it's sounds weird, but just try it" thing?

7.2k comments
3.6k points · 6 months ago

Use dryer sheets to get dead bugs and tar off of your car's paint. Just dip it in the wash bucket and scrub away then rinse thoroughly.

No, it will not scratch the paint.

Source: I'm a professional detailer.

2.3k points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

What are dryer sheets?

Edit : please don’t downvote, I’m from Australia and honestly, what are dryer sheets?

they were trying to give you upvotes but they turned upside down heading to Australia

14 more replies

Fabric softener sheets, they go in the dryer to eliminate static on your clothing.

14 more replies

85 more replies

66 more replies

3.3k points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Putting packets of chips/crisps in the freezer.

I dont know how to explain it, but it just gives them an extra kick.

This is wild I'm going to try it

Aaaand??

He died from pure ecstasy.

7 more replies

This is the first time in /r/askreddit history that I can recall thinking "I wonder how fucking weird it would be to try that, so I'm going to do it" in my life.

1 more reply

Whoa. My boyfriend just recently revealed to me the magic of putting chocolate bars in the freezer and we've been wondering what other things we could do that with. Will pass on and try with chips!

Grapes are also a good choice

Frozen grapes are God's own snack. The texture is amazing.

17 more replies

39 more replies

96 more replies

Pepper your ketchup after you put it on your food! Especially when eating eggs. It is life changing.

I got that advice from a previous askreddit thread and though, what’s the harm in trying? I haven’t gone back since.

5 more replies

4.2k points · 6 months ago

Sitting down in the shower

I do that when I know I’ll be crying for more than 15 minutes

2.5k points · 6 months ago

Look at Mr. Fancypants here, with 15 minutes' worth of hot water....

1.0k points · 6 months ago

I usually cry in cold water. Doing this materialises my self hatred into my senses.

It also helps avoiding the puffy eyes/face after a good cry.

4 more replies

Too real.

1 more reply

I feel like this is a depression life hack I can integrate into my own self loathing routine! Thanks kind stranger!

5 more replies

25 more replies

Advanced mode is laying down. Its so nice when you first get up in the morning.

It's super nice before bed, I'd be afraid to do it before work in case I fell asleep or would be so warm and comfy that I wouldn't ever want to leave my house

9 more replies

27 more replies

116 more replies

When I was younger, my mom used to serve us taquitos with apple sauce to dip them in. I was told when I was older that it wasn't a thing... Oh but it is

191 more replies

Get a ping pong ball, cut it in half. Buy a red lightbulb. Find a YouTube video of straight white noise. Tape each half of the ping pong ball to your eyes and shine the red light over you. Lie down with headphones listening to the white noise. Sit for 30-60 minutes. You’ll start hallucinating.

16.3k points · 6 months agoGilded1 · edited 6 months ago

If my parents walk in while i'm doing this they're going to think i'm retarded again.

EDIT: Thank you kind stranger. It's all worth it now.

5.6k points · 6 months ago

Draw eyes on the halves of the ball so it looks like you're paying attention when they're talking to you

1.8k points · 6 months ago

or do i look too interested?

Nice C&H reference!

5 more replies

9 more replies

I consider Calvin and Hobbes strips to be my holy texts.

13 more replies

Again?

FUCKING AGAIN?!?!?

10 more replies

8 more replies

80 more replies

...how did you discover this?

It’s a common psychotherapy experiment. Basically, the brain craves stimuli. The ping-pong balls with the red light will stop any visual stimulus - All you’ll see is a gentle red glow, everywhere you look. The white noise blocks out all auditory stimulus.

And when the brain isn’t receiving any stimuli, it will create its own. Thus, the wicked strong hallucinations.

And the funny part is that some people don’t even need to wait the full 30-60 minutes for it to start - For some, they’ll start hallucinating in 5 minutes flat. Many people also report a sense of time dilation when they’re hallucinating - They may only be hallucinating for 5 minutes, but to them it will feel like 20 or 30.

what does the experiment expect to show? how easy it is for the brain to entertain itself. Or that it's a fast way to achieve personal insight/growth?

as an experience, it seems cool as fuck.

335 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

I'm not sure, but I think it's meant to show that our perception is not necessarily the reality. We are limited in what we are able to see and hear. To some degree, our brain is actually filling in the blanks of what we have learned to expect. When we deprive ourselves of that stimuli, the brain starts filling in the blanks. I think it could be a way to achieve insight and personal growth, or possibly scare the hell out of yourself.

Another experiment along the same lines is to stare at yourself in the mirror in a low-light setting, blinking as little as possible. Maybe use a single candle or something for the light. This is the basic element of that whole "Bloody Mary" urban legend. Apparently the dim light and the flickering shadows causes a hallucination where your face distorts in a frightening way. Never tried it though.

The second one sounds like a sure way of craping yourself. I'd try it though, like those times I tried to open my eyes while having a sleep paralysis.

17 more replies

53 more replies

5.8k points · 6 months agoGilded1

I went through 246758000 combinations of various activities, types of radiation, and sports accessories. For instance, attempt #000000001 was to cut a bowling ball in half, glue the halves to my head, and then lower myself head first into syrup while shining strong X-rays on my kneecaps. I do not recommend that at all.

Which part? Because I went out and bought a ton of syrup before I finished reading this post.

Bad news, bro. The X-rays were totally fine, but the syrup turned out to be nearly lethal.

Dammit.

7 more replies

Found Cave Johnson's alt-account.

"We're really throwing science at the wall here, to see what sticks"

4 more replies

31 more replies

29 more replies

This is the first legitimate 'weird thing' response that I think I am actually going to try because I am so intrigued.

part of me wants to do this but part of me is afraid

I know, right? I was like "oh, cool, hallucinations... Oh, fuck, hallucinations!"

4 more replies

Let me know how it goes!

27 more replies

I'm calling the cops

LEGALIZEPINGPONGING

You have been made a moderator of /r/pyongyang.

You have been banned from /r/pingpong.

You have been banned from /r/pyingpyong

3 more replies

Does this actually work? What are the hallucinations like? I imagine it's like dreams since your eyes are closed.

1.2k points · 6 months ago

My eyes were wide open and The Lion King just started playing out in front of me. Like I was watching the movie.

Trippy shit.

Are you sure you weren't just watching the lion king?

1.6k points · 6 months ago

I would like to be president someday, so no, I've not smoked marijuana. I ate a brownie once at a party in college. It was intense. It was kind of indescribable, actually. I felt like I was floating. Turns out there wasn't any pot in the brownie. It was just an insanely good brownie.

Unexpected parks and rec.

4 more replies

4 more replies

12 more replies

They’re kind of faint. But it does actually work. I did it briefly and I saw an elephant walk past.

faint

Hmm

elephant walk past

Uhh

I think your childhood was much tougher than mine if that's your definition of faint.

Sadly it probably was.

5 more replies

13 more replies

27 more replies

Sounds like something called the Ganzfeld experiment. I feel like I'm going to need verification from someone else before I fall for what could be a very convincing troll though.

1.6k points · 6 months ago

straight white noise

You mean like the Dave Matthews Band?

Not cool, man.

10 more replies

18 more replies

310 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Did you try it with pink or brown noise instead of white noise? I find the idea of listening to white noise for 30 minutes a bit...well...let's just say I'd rip my skin off out of displeasure

No. You tend to block out the white noise after a while.

This guy tinnituses

Thanks for reminding me

4 more replies

Isn't brown noise supposed to make you poop?

You are thinking of the brown note: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note. Brown noise is like white noise, just lower frequencies.

205 more replies

6.0k points · 6 months agoGilded1

Dungeons and Dragons or any other table top role playing game. they sound weird and goofy but it is honestly one of the most entertaining things you can do with a group of people when you find the right group.

when you find the right group

This is the key, otherwise you're going to be stuck spending an hour arguing over whether or not it's safe to open a plain, unlocked door.

But it might be trapped.

That's what I'm on about! It's a plain door! In a freestanding structure, not even a dungeon!

So many players have been straight-up traumatized by sadistic DMs that they can't function like real PCs anymore.

I knew one group of people who were in a dungeon where one room magically changed all their metal into wax and nobody noticed until they walked into a warm room and all their equipment melted. They were never the same again! Everything ground down to a paranoid crawl and this was a fresh game, new characters, and we hadn't even got out of the tavern yet! I knocked on a door and it started an absolute freakout!

You must face the gazebo alone.

10 more replies

What the heck is this!? Can someone please explain how this happens? I've never played DnD or any table top rpg. How does this work? Is it imagination based? Do the players just play through and suddenly the DM guy just says "btw your armour was wax" and then thats it? Im so confused and interested in this

Maybe the player enter a room and the gm asks everyone to roll a 20-sided die.

No one rolls high enough to perceive the change so the gm says "As you walk into the room you think you feel a wave of.. no, the feeling disappears and nothing happens. The room is dimly lit and dusty...and so on"

Or perhaps only one character was holding their weapon as they entered the room and they get "As you enter the room, your sword feels lighter and slightly warmer in your hand" and the character chose to investigate the magic in the room instead of the sword.

12 more replies

25 more replies

54 more replies

Seriously. 5e is super easy to learn. Beyond the up front cost, D&D costs nothing. It's a great social game. Gather your friends every week or so, drink beer and eat food and play D&D for three hours. It's honestly perfect.

Beyond the up front cost

The basic rules can be found on Wizards of the Coast's website for free and there are many free dice rolling apps for iOS and Android that can be used as well. Battle and other encounters can be run "theatre of the mind". Honestly, it can be as expensive or cheap as you want.

20 more replies

25 more replies

I had a friend back in middle school who introduced me to that kind of games. He used to call them "Adventure stories", and we'd sit down on a bench at recess, he'd be the DM, and tell me the story, and I'd have to tell him what I wanted to do, my choices, and everything else.

We didn't know D&D (at least I didn't) and these were only his own universes, we had no dice, no character sheet, we memorized everything and it was great. We even had a story where we were both characters and he was DM as well.

95 more replies

3.8k points · 6 months ago

Peanut butter on pancakes. Still douse them in maple syrup, but poke holes in them so that the syrup can still soak into them

Peanut butter on chocolate chip pancakes plus syrup. It's sweet sweet delicious heaven

Grilled peanut butter too. Replace the cheese in a grilled cheese with peanut butter. Delicious.

This thread just adds more and more delicious each comment!

10 more replies

67 more replies

19 more replies

Do this on French toast, it's even better.

177 more replies

Isolation tank

3.4k points · 6 months ago

Nice try, papa.

:'(

Turn that frown upside down !

)_:

Listen here you little shit...

12 more replies

Pull that shit up, Jamie.

11 more replies

Hey I’m actually getting ready to do my first session pretty soon, could you provide any tips to get ready?

My first time was mostly just spent trying to get used to the experience, and I would say that you should probably not have any expectations that exceed that, that way the next time you go you can start to focus on the things pertinent to you and your own life.

Without knowing you at all it’s hard to give you very specific advice, but my wife is having her first session tomorrow and here’s what I told her:

1. There’s nothing objectively scary about this experience. If you feel some sort of fear, it exists purely in your own mind. The experience can be as simple as “I’m floating in warm water”. It’s not like you’re running from a herd of buffalos, in that there is no real, actual danger.

2. Just relax. That’s really the foundation of this experience... is that being deprived of stimuli should be inherently relaxing. If you’re looking for an experience beyond that, it still will only come by first relaxing. You can’t make any headway without first learning to be comfortable in the tank.

That’s really it. As I said, you can make it more complicated after that but just relaxing and getting used to the “weirdness” of what you’re doing is all you should be focused on the first time, imo.

63 more replies

43 more replies

42 more replies

Tzatziki on your burger at Harvey's

Tzatziki is amazing with any ground meat, or red meat at all

13 more replies

36 more replies

Closed Captions, all the time, no matter what you're watching. You get used to it pretty quickly, and it's kind of amazing how much you miss without it.

1.4k points · 6 months ago

That's fine unless the person captioning doesn't know what the fuck is being said.

The Netflix subtitles of The IT Crowd is an abomination, half the time they just write "unintelligible".

And the other half the time they transcribe it so wrong I don't know how they heard what they heard.

8 more replies

I've noticed a lot of subtitles are missing the ending of sentences on Netflix. At one point I thought they didn't put curse words in their films when I was watching django unchained but 10 minutes later they start showing up and you realize they're shit at their job.

27 more replies

I started using closed captions a few years ago when my dog wouldn’t stop barking at the tv when there was any clinking noises from chains, I muted the tv and put the captions on. Best thing ever. Now, I have a son - he’s two years old - so whenever we try to watch anything I can know what’s going on while he plays around and makes noises.

I feel weird when I can’t use closed captions.

I grew up with CC, because my parents aren't native English speakers, and I think it helped me dominate spelling tests in elementary school.

29 more replies

Can confirm. I dislike watching anything without them anymore. Plus I always feel that dialog gets drowned out by other noise in tv so subtitles keep me from turning up the volume too loud.

8 more replies

We turned CC on the family TV when my brother was young, because they supposedly help kids read/spell better. We never turned them off, and I've continued using them these past 20-odd years. It's weird to watch TV without them.

1 more reply

I do this with video games. I would miss so much dialogue if I didn't. Not sure why I don't do this with movies tho.

I do it with games but I feel like they distract me too much from what's going on in the movie, as opposed to games where you can read them when nothing much interesting is happening on screen.

191 more replies

After you get where you're going, ya take off your shoes and socks. Then ya walk around on the rug barefoot and make fists with your toes.

It looks good when Bruce Willis does it.

12 more replies

Put the potato chips IN your sandwich

26 more replies

1.2k points · 6 months ago

Mix cream cheese with sweet chilli sauce for a really nice dip for kettle crisps or nachos

That is a legitimate product in Australia - sweet chilli philli

And NZ. It’s the best

16 more replies

11 more replies

31 more replies

Make a Smore with Oreos instead of Graham Crackers.

Three times the chocolate and way more deliciousness.

1.0k points · 6 months ago

Only 900 calories a smore

1.3k points · 6 months agoGilded1

We're talking about s'mores here, not s'less.

I feel your comment is so good that a sitcom writer is going to see it and put it in a script

4 more replies

9 more replies

Also use peanut butter cups instead of Hershey's chocolate!

13 more replies

51 more replies

Neti Pot. If you have a cold or get frequent sinus infections this will change your life. It does feel weird to pour water into your nostril and even weirder w/ it draining out the other nostril, but it provides amazing relief. I think it helps cut down on the duration of my symptoms but that may not actually be the case.

If you don't like using a Neti Pot, the sinus rinse bottles are easier to use (at least for me)! Same concept, different vessel. I could never get the head-tilt right with Neti Pots and it'd end up running down my throat or whatever. But the sinus rinse ones? It's basically a bottle with a hole in the cap, so you squeeze it to shoot the water up your nose and it drains out the other side. Just as effective, but even easier for those of us that aren't coordinated.

My sinus issues are so bad that both Neti Pots and sinus rinses take ages to break through into the other nostril, but the water has to go somewhere, so it and the mucous come out of my mouth while I cough and sputter like a shitty engine

3 more replies

I've wanted to try it, but it seems a lot like localized waterboarding to me.

It took me a couple of uses before I didn't feel lightly self waterboarded afterwards.

15 more replies

53 more replies

Squatty Potty.

I love the idea and definitely use it, but instead of the 20+ dollar product I use an upside down plastic bin.

9 more replies

I was interested by the concept but not the price so I just bought a foldable step stool that I keep tucked away between the toilet and the wall until I need it. Total game changer. I’ve been without it due to travel reasons lately and I don’t know how I ever survived without it, “normal” modern pooping sucks.

34 more replies

A hard tangy cheese (e.g. Cheddar or perhaps Emmental) with a dark chocolate. Cheese and nutella sandwiches was a favourite snack of mine when I was a kid. To people I who think this weird, I say "Have you never heard of a chocolate cheesecake? It's like that, but less rich". Plus, it's easier to sort when you've got the munchies.

Also, listen to Ween's "chocolate and cheese" while you do it.

40 more replies

Cheap tequila and A&W root beer. It's the only way I'll drink tequila.

I like hot chocolate and tequila, heat milk and mix a couple table spoons of semi sweet chocolate into it then add tequila.

104 more replies

It doesn't sound so weird as much as it looks gross when you make it. but Graham crackers crushed up with a little extra sugar and milk to make some mush is amazing.

dude....graham cracker cereal is the bomb

5 more replies

23 more replies

Tea with maple syrup. So good.

I do this too, but with pancakes instead of tea.

11 more replies

Replacing sugar with maple syrup in just about anything is awesome.

There's a local donut shop chain who uses maple sugar instead of normal sugar. I haven't had a donut for a while but oh man they're good.

14 more replies

15 more replies

Also coffee. Pretty common in areas with lots of maple trees, like Vermont.

49 more replies

3.1k points · 6 months ago

Listening to other people’s opinions and not needing to respond negatively.

But what about when they're WRONG?

I’m never wrong. NEXT!!!

I have an opinion that partially accommodates your views. I can give it to your Tuesday.

It’s for a church honey NEXT!

I have some cherrypicked statistics that could confirm your worldview to inattentive listeners.

Not good enough. NEXT!

12 more replies

Sounds like bullshit.

29 more replies

Cheese with ginger snaps. Weird combo, but very tasty!

What kind of cheese?

23 more replies

8 more replies

5.3k points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Aural Sex

It’s sort of 50/50 on if people will like it but when you’re making out, lick their ear hole. An ex did this to me once and it was incredibly erotic and she loved it too. But I’ve also noticed others (like my grandpa or aunts) don’t like it snd slap me away. So try it and see, but note their reaction.

Edit: no I did not get Hearing AIDS

I'm having lunch with my grandparents tomorrow. I'll give it a go.

8 more replies

Hahahaha.

This made me laugh but my first boyfriend did this to me and it was a serious turn-on. I generally have a thing for ear stuff (is that a thing? LOL).

I don't want a tongue in my ear but just the hot air when someone whispers something sexy in my ear....oh man. That's the shit

10 more replies

15 more replies

Not sure if I want to know how you found out that your family members didnt like it.

23 more replies

It's wet and loud. It's like somebody's giving you a wet willy except cutting out the middleman of using a finger.

6 more replies

nope nope nope. Literally had a girl do this to me once - you know when you get a bad kiss? Like someone shoving their tongue down your throat like they're trying to get to your stomach? Yeah, she did that, but to my ear. It was legitimately the biggest turn off I've ever encountered.

I'm your opposite. Having someone stick their tongue down my throat gets me throbbing, and had an ex that used to "make out" with my ear which was also insanely hot.

85 more replies

I feel like a lot of people don't know about fried pickles.

2 more replies

Make ramen noodles, drain most of the broth add seasoning packet and soy sauce to taste. Then a scoop of peanut butter with some Sriracha and you've got budget Thai peanut noodles. Top with a fried egg for a bachelor feast.

38 more replies

1.3k points · 6 months ago

Does butt stuff count?

3.8k points · 6 months ago

In a sensory deprivation tank with maple syrup instead of water while wearing ping pong balls over your eyes and eating apple sauce dipped taquitos

/thread

9 more replies

43 more replies

sure

11 more replies

Pickle backs. When you take a shot of whiskey or rum quickly take a shot of pickle juice as chaser and the burn instantly goes away.

Yes!!! Tastes like an alcoholic cheeseburger!

That's easily the least appetizing thing that's been described as actual food/drink to me.

13 more replies

9 more replies

80 more replies

Chocolate chip zucchini bread. So good

25 more replies

Use your turn signal when changing lanes or tuning.

24 more replies

Peanut butter and honey sandwich. Idk if this actually is weird but everyone in my family think so and refuses to try it.

34 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

It's delicious! I haven't had it since l was a kid, at my friend's house. Her family was LDS, and they stocked up on nonperishable food. Anyway, peanut butter and honey were mixed together in jars, and they said it would never go stale.

Edit, grammar.

44 more replies

Putting butter on toasted poptarts

My family did this all the time and when I tried it at a friends house I received very dirty looks.

So at first I thought I was still on the licking ear answer and I was like, no wonder your friends gave you dirty looks!

3 more replies

Have you ever put butter on a pop tart, it’s so fricken good! Have you ever put butter on a pop tart, if you haven’t than I think you should!

10 more replies

38 more replies

ice cream with french fires. just dip the fry in icecream like ketchup. and yum!! perfect combo of sweet & salty, & hot & cold.

1.4k points · 6 months ago

Corollary: Wendy's french fries + chocolate frosty. Doubly delicious if you get a fresh batch that is actually crispy and can hold their shape.

I love dipping chicken nuggets in my chocolate frosty. My wife thinks it’s gross.

But I loved dipping the spicy chicken nuggets in my frosty even more.

RIP Wendy’s spicy nuggets

One of the guys at Wendy's told me to try a spicy sauce they had with the plain nuggets and it was "just like the spicy nuggets". He.... Was a goddamn liar. I WANT MY SPICY NUGGETS BACK.

9 more replies

9 more replies

31 more replies

53 more replies

Sweet and sour smokies using mustard and grape jelly. Sounds weird, but tastes delicious! http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/zingy-little-smokies-273166

It's a variation on 70's cocktail party foods. Grape jelly mixed with barbeque sauce, or grape jelly mixed with Heinz bottled Cocktail Sauce or Chili Sauce, poured over mini meatballs or Oscar Mayer Little Smokies cocktail sausages, and tossed into a chafing dish or crock pot. My parents served this stuff a LOT.

I cook meatballs in the crock pot with this exact recipe. So good. (Can’t do it too often because I eat too many and get a stomach ache.)

A bidet.

The ones that are a separate fixture are weird, but ones directly attached to the toilet are just fantastic. Cheap and easy to install too.

11 more replies

Peanut butter & Maple syrup on your waffles. They'll taste delicious and stick to your ribs for the next 3 days.

7 more replies

For parents: Coconut oil as baby bum cream. I've used it from day 1 and my toddler has never had a nappy (diaper) rash. Not one.

I have another weird use for coconut oil.. it changed my world..

33 more replies

35 more replies

Going into the wilderness alone,

1. with plenty of supplies

2. people who know where you are and informed of your goal

3. understanding of where to go otherwise, if an emergency occurs

4. Bear-spray. This will actually keep almost any north American carnivore at distance.

Then, stay there for a week.

Just you and nature, and all the continual tasks of being alive in such.

After six hours you'll start to notice the woods for the trees,

after night falls, the lack of sounds that comfort you.

After a week, you'll recognize what's valued most, as materiel things go.

After a month, You'll recognize what's valued most, as emotional things go.

If you do this for a year, you are conceptually uncovering what all your ideas mean, apart from the society that created them, from actual ground up.

Always stay safe.

Wait how did a week become a month and then a year and how did I get a year off work?

6 more replies

Yea but you still end up back on reddit.

39 more replies

Use mayo on the outside of your grilled cheese instead of butter. Comes out crispier with no difference in taste.

Hold up a second! Put some grated cheese on the outside of your sandwiches before grilling.

My husband does this, maybe he sprinkles the cheese on the pan? I dunno, dude kills it.

I like to put cheese on the outside of the bread on my grilled cheese sandwiches and the way I do it is I'll flip the sandwich a bit early so the bread is warm and somewhat toasted. I'll then sprinkle the cheese on it while the other side cooks. This allows the cheese to melt to the warm bread a bit so it doesn't go everywhere when I flip it back over.

12 more replies

53 more replies

Jalapeño flavored kettle chips and Greek yogurt. Delish!

12 more replies

Sorry my English is so suck.

I sandwich grape and almond.

Put almond , up put grape, up it put almond too.

When I eat it's feel like pizza.

So the sandwich is like:

Almond

Grape

Almond

Broken English is a crucial ingredient as well.

16 more replies

9 more replies

Like almond butter and grape jelly sandwich?

2 more replies

You're doin great sweetie!

• Mom

58 more replies

Honey on a ham pizza. I saw a Japanese woman do it every time she ordered a pizza so I had to try it myself.

I think she's onto something, it's a great combo.

Honey & hot sauce on fried chicken.

5 more replies

26 more replies

I grew up working a produce farm.... fresh corn on the cob. Just husk it and go to town. So much more juicy and taste like corn flakes to be honest. It was breakfast for a good amount of days.

17 more replies

Peanut butter on burgers. So damn tasty

7 more replies

When you have the hiccups, drink a full glass of water with your ears plugged (either have a friend hold your ears or drink with a straw). I've never had it not get rid of my hiccups.

4 more replies

3,252 more replies

/r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions.

r/AskReddit Rules
Rule 1 - Questions must be clear and direct
Rule 2 - No personalized advice requests
Rule 3 - Open ended questions only
Rule 4 - No personal info
Rule 5 - No loaded questions
Rule 6 - No questions seeking professional advice
Rule 7 - No begging for goods or services
Rule 8 - No demeaning terms or personal attacks
Rule 9 - No image only replies or large ascii art
Comments in [Serious] posts must be on topic
Ideas for r/AskReddit

Do you have an idea or feedback for r/AskReddit? Submit it to: