What would be the biggest pro and con of dating you?

1.3k comments

Pro: Voice fit for radio.

Con: Face fit for radio.

Pro: face fit for radio Con: Voice not fit for radio :(

Maybe like silent movies you could star in a silent radio show.

I'd watch it!

Maybe you two should date.

1 more reply

So basically you look like a radio? How long is your antenna exactly?

8 more replies

If its deep let them sit on it and then recite long epic poems

Trust me, the voice can carry you a long way. A good friend of mine is not conventionally attractive from a lot of standpoints, nor does he have money, or status, or any of those other things neckbeards on reddit whine about "needing"", but he does great with women due to two things: ridiculous amounts of confidence and a smooth, deep voice.

10 more replies

PRO: If I’m sad or need a distraction, I will bake things—most likely cookies.

CON: If you are the one that made me sad I will not let you eat any of them.

This sounds like justice, not a con at all.

I get the feeling it's worse than that.

SO: "Can I have a cookie?"

OP: silent glaring

SO: "So...okay." tries to take a cookie, gets hand slapped

OP: "I told you no cookies if you made me sad."

SO: "What did I do? I walked in and said 'Hello.'"

OP: "Yeah, but what tone did you say it in?" bursts into tears

Comment deleted6 months ago(1 child)

We all know someone like that. And, honestly, we’ve all been someone like that in our worst moments.

SO: "What did I do? I walked in and said 'Hello.'"

OP: "Yeah, but what tone did you say it in?" bursts into tears

SO: <-- Really has no idea whatsoever what he did

This is the Reddit I like. Feels sort of wholesome

9 more replies

Pro: I will always love you

Con: I will /always/ love you

Janice, is it you?

Nope I'm a dude

30 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Well, nobody's perfect...

7 more replies

pro: I'm affectionate and pretty easy going. if I truly care about you there isn't much you could do to make me lash out or start an argument. con: I will rely on you too much for my own happiness

Suck the joy from them until you’re both miserable. My man.

chyea you know how I do

Def. me

it me

Been working on this myself , drawing Joy from myself instead of others seems healthier to me.

24 more replies

Pro- I’ll constantly buy things for you. I.e. food, fun, etc.

Con- Instead of telling you right away when something is an issue, I let it boil me away inside until I blow up at you.

After typing this, I realize it’s not that fair of a trade. Lol

Me too

I have the same issue but instead of confrontation I run away. What I've tried to do to address it is to just saddle up and openly communicate when you need to. If the other person reacts as negatively as some of the scenarios in my head that make me afraid to talk about the issue, then I shouldn't be with them anyway.

13 more replies

Pro: I'm very trusting and don't get unnecessarily jealous. I'm not a yeller.

Con: I sleep. So. Much.

We can sleep together

Now kiss

*kith

4 more replies

Pro: I don't go out much

Con: I don't go out much

Pro: saves money!

And dont get lost in the middle of nowhere at 05:00 with an empty phone and 0 money without any people to aks where you are

1 more reply

I'm the same way. It's lovely finding someone who also loves to stay in and be comfortable, but it's sad when you break up and you just go back being alone at home. Still enjoyable, but not the same.

1 more reply

Netflix & chill all the way

2 more replies

Pro: My apartment is above a cinema. Literally two doors separate us from the movie viewing balcony. The building owner doesn't mind if I bring a guest to a movie for free.

Con: Good luck spending the night with me and trying to sleep above a cinema.

You forgot Con: I'm a mute and only attracted to sea creatures.

2 more replies

Soundproofing material. Doesn’t even have to be everywhere, just your bedroom. Coat the floor, walls, and ceiling in that stuff, and now you can sleep in absolute peace.

Just don’t slip and fall in there.

My experience is that this isn’t really effective for keeping noise out (vs. keeping it in) unless you actually spend $10K+ to rebuild the walls of the place. Have you tried this?

2 more replies

It's loud? Don't shows stop around 11pm or midnight?

Well yeah, but movies are about two hours long so imagine the last showing starting at 11 or midnight.

11 more replies

1.2k points · 6 months ago

Pro: you wouldn’t have to complain about being single.

Con: you’d be dating me.

me too thanks

Me too thanks

3 more replies

Comment deleted6 months ago(25 children)

holy shit this is an exact copy of my comment word for word the last time this was posted.

thats reddit for you i guess

I think OP stole your comment, the way he spelt "dont" is the same

/r/karmacourt

10 more replies

8 more replies

Pro: I have a job, a car, and I'm getting in shape

Con: It's not a great job, not a great car, and I still love pizza

Eh, think of it like this:

It’s better than being broke, better than having to ask for rides, and who doesn’t love pizza? At least you’re trying. You’re doing better than I am, atm.

I appreciate the sentiment! I'm sure there's things about you that counter balance all your faults!

20 more replies

397 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Pro: I’m extremely easy to get along with, and I’m always willing to listen and compromise.

Con: there’s a chance I won’t believe you actually care about me.

Edit: My highest rated comment is about self deprecation. fist pump

Same! Self depreciation is a great thing.

It's all fun and games til you realize your jokes were how you seriously feel

7 more replies

Pros: good cook, organized, laid back and willing to try to new stuff in bed

Cons: I'm not good at communicating when I'm angry/mad and am non-confrontational in relationships. So I grow resentful overt time and, trust me, it shows

It's ok tho, cause you are already aware of the problem, which makes you a step closer to solving it. Being resentful sucks overall and just isn't worth it. You are doing a good job!

7 more replies

Pro: I'm very affectionate.

Con: I have major self-esteem issues that cause many other issues.

It registers as once but just know that I clicked that upvote button five times.

3 more replies

Pro: You'd be getting someone who believes in you no matter what.

Con: You would be frustrated at how much alone time I like to have.

You're literally me

Hi Me. How's it been?

Pretty shitty. I did us a favor and stopped smoking tho. Happy birthday.

Thanks bro, we gonna breath easy now. Take care of us.

You too, bro. I love you.

Love you too bro.

Damn this is wholesome as fuck my dude

16 more replies

Pro: I won't bother you.

Con: Don't bother me.

Deal, now let's fuck off together

Pro: I have a high sex drive Con: I have a high sex drive

If you're a male then you are the right fit for me! I am a high sex drive female who will only have sex when in a loving, committed relationship. Means I am sexually frustrated a lot!

You're almost like me. It doesn't have to be a loving, committed relationship, but I don't like having sex with strangers. It's also exacerbated by the fact that I'm kind of shy so don't know that many people, thus a smaller pool of people to have sex with.

8 more replies

1 more reply

Pro: fastest orgasm ever Con: mine

My name is Barry Allen.

178 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Pro: I'm a good listener.

Con: I have social anxiety.

Good listeners will find their niche man it's a valuable trait

My niche seems to be as pseudo-therapist to nearly everyone I know. But at least I feel as though I'm helping, so that's good.

3 more replies

Pro: I genuinely want to spend time getting to know you and who you are as a person.

Con: My ex-wife left me with all 4 cats. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Con: My ex-wife left me with all 4 cats.

You have 4 cats... how is this a con again?!

4 more replies

Idk man. I like cats.

Tango the cat approves this message.

9 more replies

3 more replies

Pro: I genuinely care about how your day went

Con: I have crippling self esteem issues

I don't remember posting this

Me either

When did I get all these accounts? I think I need to call a psychiatrist.

You blink and more keep appearing

Are you also leaving sticky notes around your house?

2 more replies

Pro: I'm a cheap date Cons: I'm married

Hey! We have a lot in common!

Let's make this a thrresome. Dibs on being the meat in the sandwiich.

Username checks out

Pro: I like to cook Con: I like to eat

2 more replies

Pro: My personality is like a 6 Con: My looks are like a 4

Is that a percentage scale?

Wow. Burn.

3 more replies

Pro: Fair enough cook and likes to play (video games, sports, etc)

Con: I don't like my lower back being touched. Also allergic to weed.

I wanna touch ur back

Unless you’re a masseuse. Please don’t lol

21 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

How....does your allergy to····weed manifest its self?

It depends on the type I guess, luckily I'd never smoked it before I found out. It's usually the smoke that gets me and I've been ok sometimes with just a stuffy nose. But other times my eyes puff up and I start crying with a running nose and can't stop. The worst was I got physically sick because I was at a public event in France and everybody was smoking it. Yeah...fun times...

9 more replies

2 more replies

Pro: I'm open minded and keep a level head.
Con: I can be very blunt.

4 more replies

Pro : I make animal shapes with my penis Con : it's an inch worm

Pro: I’m a lot of fun a lot of the time, and not terrible looking! Con: I try hard to have fun because I’m clinically depressed and also when I’m not being fun it’s because I’m having some sort of mental crisis!

Eyyyyy

3 more replies

Comment deleted6 months ago(2 children)

I didn't realize I cloned myself

1 more reply

Pro: I have steady/good paying job, workout daily, eat a healthy vegan diet, perform stand-up twice a week so we could watch free shows, and I have a 6-pack ;)

Con: I'm a compulsive liar

Might as well sort out the con

1 more reply

Con: Vegan

2 more replies

So you really DON'T perform stand-up. I'm onto you...

1 more reply

Pro: I'm an old school romantic and am dual citizen- one with universal healthcare.

Con: I move around a lot for work and my past gives me trust issues.

Pro: smart and funny (I hope) Con: so single you can’t even use carbon to date me

But but carbon will bond with anything....

1 more reply

Pro: I have a lot of empathy, I can usually understand where people are coming from

Con: I get tired of listening

4 more replies

Pro: I've got a stable career, a car, home, self-awareness, good hygiene, good relationship with my family.

Cons: Everything else.

Bad penmanship?

You've got me on a technicality there. I have good penmanship, learned cursive at a young age and still tilt any serious paperwork I need to sign at a 45 degree angle, as we were tought in grade school.

Con: can’t spell “taught”

Yep. I never was no good at none of that book learnin' stuff.

Pro: I'm really loving and affectionate Con: I have a lot of like self esteem issues and insecurity which a lot of times cause me to be really really clingy and easily nervous

Pro: I know how to get your attention Con: I don’t know how to keep you

are you me?

2 more replies

Pro: Im a pastry chef, I will go out of my way for you, and I like dogs.

Con: I'd rather work as a stripper/be a sugar baby than hold a real job. I suffer from depression/anxiety. Never seen harry potter.

I can relate. I love baking and will randomly bring over banana bread and cookies. But depression will make me not want to go out, try dating, or think that someone is genuinely interested in me. I’m working on it.

16 more replies

83 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Pro: I'm loyal, like a dog.

Con: I'm horny like a stallion.

Edit: Since people keep saying it's not a con. The four previous relations I've had have all been rather non-sex driven. So, as a hyper-horny-sexual-charged-sex-loving-male-nymphomaniac(kinda.) My previous partners kinda didn't wana.

Meanwhile I still don’t see a “con”

Agreed

Con: I'm horny like a stallion.

How is this a con?

As someone who is also horny like a stallion, it really is a con.

My girlfriend and I can't really have the sex I want to have because it hurts her and I want it all the time. It puts a strain on the relationship.

9 more replies

Pro: incredibly charming.

Con: serial killer.

5 more replies

Pro: I'm always honest

Con: ...to a fault. I will tell you the truth even when it hurts.

Both seem like pros to me.

15 more replies

6 more replies

Pros: I have a graduate degree, a well-paid job in consulting with my own office and a fancy title, I’m working diligently to learn Spanish, and I love going to concerts everywhere from theaters to dive bars, as well as plays, painting classes, dancing lessons, and picnics.

Cons: I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and OCD. I take antidepressants and benzos. I have a history of cheating, and one of my girlfriends once described me as someone who needs “too much space”.

1 more reply

Pro: I'm very attentive and just want you to be happy

Con: I have Asperger's

Pro: I'm a nice guy

Con: I'm a "nice guy"

Ehg'

At least you admit it.

1 more reply

pro: i am predictable and consistent con: i am predictably and consistently depressed and stoned

1 more reply

Pro: I’m very loyal, affectionate, caring, trusting, giving, and supportive.

Con: I have bipolar II, bpd, and anxiety

2 more replies

Pro: I'm occasionally really funny, on accident. Super cuddly if I'm in a good mood. I can make all kinds of stuff with fabric and/or yarn, clothes, hats, 8-foot-long double sided star wars scarf things.

Con: I have the memory of a goldfish and few people make enough of an impression for me to remember who they are even if i see them multiple times a month. Also I'm super needy for romantic attention and I'm probably an alcoholic.

1 more reply

• Pro: I know interesting shit.

• Con: Not interesting to you.

5 more replies

Pro: I specialise in love Con: All the other emotions I specialise in

Pro: I will unconditionally love you, no strings attached. Con: I move at 110 mph into relationships and jump to conclusions.

Pro: I'm pretty and I can cook very well

Con: I have compulsive anxiety and I'm a vegetarian so guess what you'll be eating.

5 more replies

Pro: I love to spoil you. Con: My wife is gonna be pissed, and probably will kick your ass.

Pro: Con

Con: Pro

3 more replies

Pro: I will quote The Office with you a lot.

Con: I need you to push me out of my shell sometimes.

8 more replies

Pro: I am the Most humble person you will ever meet

Pro: I make amazing jokes that guarantee you will laugh

Pro: I have never lied in my life

Con: There is none

I can't believe you lied to us about not being a liar. LIAR!

5 more replies

Pro: super introverted and don't go out to bars or basically anywhere else. I have my groceries delivered FFS. I just realized my pros are also cons

Con: I don't want to compromise and to go to other people's houses. I don't want them to come to mine either. So we'd just gave to hang out in spirit.

4 more replies

Pro: im open to most experiences, including weird fetishes

Con: i will probably let my huge ego fuck everything up

Pro: I'm really kind.

Con: I'm rat poor.

Pro; I'd never cheat

Con; I don't like to talk to people, likely including you.

1 more reply

Pro: you’re not single anymore

Con: I’m probably young enough, relative to you, to make you seem like a real creep.

Pros: I text back quick Cons: everything else

Pro: no idea

Con: can’t think of any pros

1 more reply

Pro: I know the score like the back of my hand

Con: I dont know a damn thing about relationships or dating

Pro, I'm generally very adventurous and artsy. I don't get tired of my partners (I don't get bored of sex with one person) it takes effort to make me upset.

Cons, can be a little stoic, my appetites can be tiring if you don't keep up.

53 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Pros: I'm a former professional athlete. Most women think I'm handsome, confident, well spoken, charismatic, and 100% husband material. I seem to make every woman I date think she's the apple of my eye. So much so, that two women have proposed to me.

Cons: I have zero intention of ever getting married.

What does pro bowling pay these days?

Damn dude chill

5 more replies

5 more replies

Pro: I'm kinky Con: I'm kinky

Pro: extremely loyal Con: quotes too many tv shows

2 more replies

Pro: I’m a very understanding person.

Con: I procrastinate heavily and have trouble being tidy.

3 more replies

Pro: love to cuddle Con: I get warm easily

2 more replies

Pro: I’m actually super cuddly.

Con: I get bored extremely easily, and when I’m bored, and there are people around, my immediate reaction is to poke/pester them. Even if I don’t actually want to socialize (which is fairly often, really).

Pros: Literally nothings Cons: WELL WELL WHERE SHALL WE BEGIN...

Pros: I'm attractive, smart, curious, interested in a variety of things, good hygiene, have a job and car, up for anything, up for new things in bed

Cons: I was abused as a child for years which results in me needing constant reassurance with hugs, I love yous, texts, etc. And it's hard for me to click with people so I might be clingy when we are out because I have no friends lol

Rip your inbox

1 more reply

Pro: I like to have a lot of fun

Con: I often have too much fun

4 more replies

Pro: down to earth person and will love you to death. Con: I️ get mad if you eat my food without asking.

3 more replies

Pro: I'm not the jealous type, loyal, you will have your freedom, will support you and I'm good looking.

Con: I'm lazy as fck, I don't make sense at times, need to catch up with my craziness, might push you too hard and you need to impress me.

3 more replies

Pro: I’m good at taking care of things, handyman, mechanic, financially responsible, tidy, altruistic.

Con: I have a drug problem and I’m depressed as fuck but you’ll never know and if you push the issue I become distant eventually leading to arguments and ultimately a breakup.

4 more replies

Pro: I’m a ginger Con: I’ll take your soul

No possible. Gingers cannot posses a soul and thus cannot take one.

1 more reply

Pro: Genuinely happy person, open to new things, and stable.

Con: Even though I won't cheat, I like to flirt. Also I am pretty adamant about my "me" leave me the fuck alone time.

Pro: I have autism

Con: I have autism

2 more replies

Pro: I think I do okay with relationships. Been with my fiancée for almost 8 years.

Con: I’d probably go on a path of self-destruction and take you with me because I cheated on my fiancée and I feel like shit. That and I have OCD so you’d have to deal with that. Or ignore it but you’d see how miserable I am with it.

Pro: I’m funny sometimes Con: I’m sarcastic at the wrong times and I like playing with people

Pro: Low effort with 0% chance of losing me.

Con: 0 self-esteem and hate people.

Pro: No one will try to steal me from you

Con: Pretty much everything else

Pro: I don't like anyone, so you won't have to worry about me cheating. Con: I hardly like you, as well.

Pro: I can look after you

Con: I can't look after myself

2 more replies

Pro: I will put everything I have into making you smile. Con: My family is fucking insane and you'll be drugged into it somehow

1 more reply

Pro: After dating me, you'd realize you can do so much better and that you're better than you though

Con: You'd be dating me.

Pro: I'm very understanding Con: I'm extremely sarcastic

Pro: I make good cocktails.

Con: I drink

Pro: I'm pretty well rounded person

Con: Only pretty rounded because I'm pretty damaged from years of abuse.

Pro: I will move mountains to make you happy and feel special. I'm a great listener and I'm not ugly.

Cons: I'm very bad at dealing with, and tend to get overwhelmed by my emotions. I don't trust you or let you in easily.

Pro: I can make the best gosh darn chocolate muffin that you'll ever eat.

Con: I am currently dating someone.

1 more reply

Pro-I'd work really hard to keep you......

Con-it's because I'm a huge loser by anyone's standards and know finding someone else would be impossible.......

4 more replies

pro: moderately attractive 6.5/10, good stable job, have my finances in order, cultured, fairly smart and easy to talk to.

con: I have basically no game at all. you would have to do all the flirting for both of us. I can come off boring if you don't.

Comment deleted6 months ago(3 children)

3 more replies

Comment deleted6 months ago(1 child)

3 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Pros: I value my indepenence. I won't drag you along to my shit, meet with my friends unless you want to (but I'll probably let you know that I'd rather hang out with them without you). I'm never bored. I have a bunch of hobbies/interests too keep me entertained so that won't be your job. I'm also a great cook with a high libido. I'm not big on presents. Give me a bag of crisps and I'll be happy (really happy). I'm not a picky eater. I'm moderately funny and easy going.

Cons: I'm a bit of a slob. I pun a lot. Sometimes, my independence can be a negative, where I'm a bit too focused on what I'm doing.

Pro: I have a dog

Con: everything else

Pro: I only have to pay for myself Con: Can't spoon with myself

pro : i’m very affectionate at times , will listen to you and comfort you , very supportive

con : i need my own space at times and when depressive episodes come i push people away

724 more replies

/r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions.

r/AskReddit Rules
Rule 1 - Questions must be clear and direct
Rule 2 - No personalized advice requests
Rule 3 - Open ended questions only
Rule 4 - No personal info
Rule 5 - No loaded questions
Rule 6 - No questions seeking professional advice
Rule 7 - No begging for goods or services
Rule 8 - No demeaning terms or personal attacks
Rule 9 - No image only replies or large ascii art
Comments in [Serious] posts must be on topic
Ideas for r/AskReddit

Do you have an idea or feedback for r/AskReddit? Submit it to: