Atlanta [Post Discussion] - S02E10 - FUBU

1.4k comments
1.8k points · 3 months ago

“your classmate committed suicide last night”

classmate giggles

teenagers are the worst

Comment deleted3 months ago(15 children)

Fr, middle schoolers are the biggest pieces of shit on the planet

I think they were freshmen because they mentioned 12th graders, but still yes, they're terrible.

The description of the episode says they’re in middle school tho. A lot of middle and high school campuses are either connected or very close, like on the same street/hood.

6 more replies

4 more replies

When I was in High School (11th grade I think), they showed the Holocaust episode of Band of Brothers in US History class. A group of kids laughed through the whole thing and joked about how the Holocaust survivors looked. When it got to a part where a survivor who was literally skin and bones hugged and kissed one of the soliders who were liberating them, one of the kids in the group yelled out "GAAAY!" He was then finally sent to the office, but the whole thing was completely despicable. Teenagers really are terrible.

While I agree that these are awful actions, I don't think it's totally based on being bad people. Kids at that age, especially the boys, are trying to stand out in way possible. So they're being immature, and trying to make jokes in anyway possible, and they come across like the worst comedy you've ever seen. Of course some kids are just dumb, but not all of them are. I certainly said some dumb stuff in my day. Most of it was to make people laugh, or ever to just get any kind of reaction, good or bad.

5 more replies

I am convinced middle schoolers have no empathy. You know how cold you gotta be to laugh at suicide? That lil nigga cold af

Tiny tiny little Hitlers.

Most people don't ever get past that stage, they just learn to hide it.

Haha one of my favorite parts! "Oh I'm sorry, this is a demon! I dunno how he got out!"

5 more replies

Wait so who did it.... the kid with the real FUBU????

My jaw dropped I was so shook.

11 more replies

That was an amazing depiction of how middle school felt like

Right? When Earn zipped up his hoodie and started speedwalking out the door I got flashbacks to my own crappy elementary bullying experiences

Seriously, I know for a fact in 6-7 grade I did the same exact shit just trying to speedwalk away from some bullshit.

Seriously. I remember this kid had threatened to fight me for no reason at all (I was a bigass kid though so it may have been that) and I did that until hopefully he forgot about it and he did.

2 more replies

When the teacher is taking to that girl in who doesn’t wanna be there. “My head hurts” “ do we need to talk outside” always that one kid who gave no fucks.

25 more replies

I think we've all had at least one day where a hoodie and jacket saved us from being made fun of for an entire school day.

9 more replies

1.1k points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Remember when we used to laugh while watching this show?

*I never said there still weren’t funny moments. But it’s gotten a lot more depressing lately

625 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

I felt pretty bad when they said Devin killed himself, and then Al’s mom saying how they need to look out for each other just hit it the right place. Goddamnit, I love this show

The way everything always gets tied together is just inpressive

1 more reply

Except Al kinda led to Devin getting bullied to save Earn... Thinking about it that way for me made it pretty dark.

This whole season has been dark in the best way. The parents' two pieces of advice (dress nice, look out for each other) had just contributed to a kid killing himself. Then the shot of Earn and Al sitting on the couch watching TV, their parents ignorant to all of this, was perfect.

1 more reply

I feel like after every funny episode we get 1-2 darker episodes.

I'm deadass about to cry.. In the last three episodes Al spoke with his dead moms, Earn got fired by his own dam cousin, and a 12 year old committed suicide?

Nah... nah. -Al voice-

And before that Teddy Perkins which was a horrifying episode.

13 more replies

20 more replies

Damn, Earn and Al must carry that with them. Heavy shit.

Imagine Earn feeling survivors guilt for that his entire life...

Not really survivor's guilt. I doubt he was going to go home and kill himself if he had been picked on more that day.

Yeah, that's the point, I think. Earn could have handled that shit. I mean, they didn't beat Devin's ass. All they did was roast him (which is still a painful thing to go through when you're already hurting.) Earn was mentally tough enough to handle it, but Devin wasn't.

I think the difference between them was that Earn went home and had a stable family, while Devin had problems at home. At that age school and home life is everything to kids so if they are dealing with something big in both places, it gets too much for them.

Yeah it must have been so hard on Devin. Parents getting divorced, dealing with it pretty hard, you and your dad go out and he buys you a real FUBU shirt. Shit must have meant a lot to him. Then you get bullied all day mercilessly because you wore a "fake" shirt.

364 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

This helps to illustrate why Alfred is so focused on “keeping it real”. Earn wearing something fake but wanting it to be real for attention and to be cool, and Alfred defending something counterfeit to help him. They might not have been completely responsible, but if Earn could have been strong enough to soak up some bullying because his Mom bought a shirt on sale, a kid might be alive right now.

When the school principal made the announcement, it might as well have said “Alfred and Earn will remember that” at the top left of the screen like a Telltale game.

you're reaaaaaching far enough to slapbox with God, this one incident being why Al "keeps it real" his entire life lmao

15 more replies

11 more replies

1.7k points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

So Al claims racism in the principal's office, then disarms the shirt situation with some casual racism toward the Filipino kid... LMAO bruh

The social commentary on this show is brilliant.

It really is. It reminds of the boondocks cause they both have this nuanced take where they really call everyone out on their bullshit equally.

IMO the difference is that you knew Boondocks was satirical within 30 seconds of watching it. Whereas, your average mid-20s American could watch Atlanta and enjoy it without ever appreciating just how deep and profound some of the things it is saying are. I remember reading a review before I started watching Atlanta that basically said one of the things that makes just show so great is that it is art that doesn’t disguise itself as something else.

Yeah that's a good point. Atlanta has this very dry delivery. I guess the surrealism is often used as the means to deliver the commentary. They present a world that is pretty much ours, but with these slight changes that we pick up on, but seem natural to the characters. Also boondocks being a cartoon gave it away as satire pretty fast.

Agreed. And don’t get me wrong, I love Boondocks

11 more replies

I loved the little story they told about Denisha. Obviously an energetic, bright young girl that lives in a food insecure household. A full meal, that's all it took. Loved that actor who played her as well, she nailed that stare down between her and the teacher at the top of the episode.

11 more replies

1 more reply

“I’m not Chinese, I’m Filipino”

That hit harder the.n I thought it would.

i feel like that’s the experience of a lot of non-white/black kids in middle school. like, “i’m not mexican i’m puerto rican. or i’m not indian i’m bangladeshi. i’m not a ‘terrorist’ i’m lebanese”

i’m not a ‘terrorist’ i’m lebanese

I've been through the "not Mexican, I'm Venezuelan" situation, but never thought about this one. Dang.

Post 9/11 school was some shit.

11 more replies

6 more replies

I think it's Filipino with an F

I think it's Feelapino. I'm a scientist.

7 more replies

9 more replies

My dad said the same thing, but he didn't make me stop watching it. My mom tried to make me stop after she heard the chanting of Mr. Satan though.

How long ago were you watching it? He was called Hercule during the original Dub, I think. They didn't fix it back to Satan until later.

4 more replies

My parents didn’t care my brother and I both watched it but when he said black character with red lips I lost it knowing it was Mr. Popo.

And you know that 100% happened to Donald Glover

Popo tha god

7 more replies

Featuring discount Keegan-Michael Key as the principal.

the actual Keegan probably would have taken me out of the story.

3 more replies

He'd actually be a cool principal. I'd get in trouble just to see him do impressions...

“You done messed up A-aron!”

549 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

I felt the strongest part of this episode was the scene were Al stands up for Earn. It gives the relationship between them great context. Al’s always been sticking up for Earn when Earn needs him.

In the back of his mind, Al has memories of that one time he stuck up for Earn and indirectly caused a kid's suicide. Talk about emotional baggage.

I literally bet he doesn't even remember that, he was on that couch with his feet up not giving a fuck at all

We remember stuff we don't remember.

An absence is still a reflection. I agree!

2 more replies

I don't know. He could just be someone who doesn't show that kind of stuff but affects him inside.

Isn't that exactly how Paperboi is? He's usually pretty poised and rarely puts his emotions on display.

4 more replies

6 more replies

5 more replies

1.0k points · 3 months ago

I just want to point out the most real piece of 90s dialogue ever...

Teacher: "The internet is not a source."

Way late 90s early 2000s

Down to the DBZ on Toonami.

I love how they threw in the DBZ reference. It's like the third time Alfred has mentioned it.

4 more replies

5 more replies

2 more replies

And now... that is literally all they use. The new mantra is, "Wikipedia is not a source." Ha.

Yet we all just use it anyway and copy the bibliography from there

6 more replies

14 more replies

I'M NOT CHINESE, I'M FILIPINO!

I feel you, kid.

getting called yao ming when im dark and 5'7 lmao

Man being a kid sucks

it was kinda like being in a prison from my memory adults were assholes if you did not follow their rules and treated you like shit if you broke them. they screamed at you like you were nothing and if you broke their rules like being late too much and you had to come in after school for detention. it is like they are preparing you to be second class citizens who have to be dumbass fastfood employees and call tech employees.

23 more replies

3 more replies

Who else has had that feeling? Bought what you thought was some dope clothes.

Got ragged on within the first hour of the first day of being in school with them on.

Bro i had to quit wearing Gap in middle school cause the kids thought it stood for gay and proud

GAP was Gay Ass Penis at my middle school. I was going to say it sounds like your school was smarter but I think the bigger takeaway is how dumb all kids can be at times haha.

4 more replies

8 more replies

I wore an all denim outfit for picture day thinking i was so cute and got clowned

6 more replies

Yeah, I was really poor at a school with middle class kids. I wore what I thought was a "cool outfit" (what kids on TV wore: sunglasses, backwards hat, very 90s). I got mocked all day. I woke up every day of elementary school having bad anxiety attacks, vomiting at least once a week. Everyone thought I had a breathing issue, didn't know it was school that made me sick. It was hell to me.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, I'm at a point where I only recently realized I suffer from anxiety and couldn't imagine going through it as a kid.

16 more replies

damn, no wonder Al smokes so much.

starting to realize why Al did not want Earn to be his manager at first, he always had Earn’s back growing up and he disappeared on him (when he did not need him anymore). then he becomes a famous rapper and Earn needs Al again and wants him back.

Oh damn. That's right. Earn packed up and went to Princeton, leaving everyone else. Including Al. Makes it harder when you remember S1E1, Al claps back that he hadn't heard from Earn since his mom's funeral.

S2E1 - "Al don't need me like that anymore..." Tables have turned and Earn has no fucking clue.

Original Poster389 points · 3 months ago

RIP Devin

F

U

B

U

Goodbye. Devin.

E

B

E

4 more replies

1 more reply

was this episode hard to watch for anyone else? even before the end, the whole episode felt so real to me. too real. i liked how little earn was kind of... always the way he is now, and it was interesting to see how he got to be that way. i think this one might be my favorite of the season.

Yeah, this reminded me of middle school. I never want to go back to that place.

I swear I've blocked out middle School bullshit for years and didn't remember lot until this episode. Damn and to the shit I got bullied about was more serious than shirts. I got called gay every fuckin day, a couple times dudes tried to say a beat off in school and just overall kids was assholes.... This might be part of why I have issues.

10 more replies

15 more replies

What's fucked up is that when the kid commits suicide, its not even that harsh to take but just watching a day in middle/high school gets people uncomfortable.

I felt like I was on the verge of tears and I didn't know why.

14 more replies

Original Poster522 points · 3 months ago

All the child actors did a fantastic job, normally kid actors pull me out of something but it always felt believable

I’m convinced child Earn’s actor is related to Donald in some way. He killed it

Similar way of talking, similar facial expressions - job well done.

He had The Donald Glover walk down pat. Toes out and everything

172 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

The kid playing the annoying classmate was really great. That shit-eating grin was perfect.

2 more replies

They way little Earn’s eyes get wide and voice gets staccato when he’s emphasizing the second word of a response was dead on.

“i KNOW what you’re saying...”

1 more reply

Being a white ass cornball in a school full of black kids I felt this so hard. Had to get Tims the first month to prove myself when my family couldn’t even afford it. Kids are harsh.

We were Cowboys fans growing up. My dad got me a customized Cowboy jersey for Christmas one year. Real deal, authentic NFL Cowboys jersey....but it had my last name on the back, "Front: 8, Back: 8, Hall". That thing must've cost damn near $200, but I got rooooocked. "Who the hell is "Hall"?

258 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Growing up a soccer fan in rural Texas was the worst. Wore my juventus jersey like once a week and got made fun of for being a referee every time

It infuriates me seeing so many soccer jerseys and pants now. I used to get ROASTED for wearing the soccer sweats in middle school and now everybody wears them

You were a trail blazer, kids today don't know your sacrifice.

5 more replies

7 more replies

1 more reply

If you didn't come to school in Air Force Ones or Jordans, good chance you're getting roasted that day.

If your jeans weren't super baggy = high waters.

The things kids made fun of each for in middle school was beyond stupid.

fuck man reading this thread is bringing back so many middle school memories. kids made such a big deal out of wearing high waters

These same niggas walk around in pants that come up to their calves and no socks with their shoes now.

8 more replies

yeah man, you have to dress a certain way or you got made fun of. you dress like them and you can ghost through and avoid these dumbasses and keep to your friends and family.

you buy shoes on sale they tried to clown you. i owned that shit. when i was a kid i was not gonna pay full price for jordans and so what if i got them late and on sale bitch ass nigga. looking back i was smarter then, because now i dont care about paying full price for some dumbass shoes that are the same as the ones on sale.

I got made fun of for wearing Team Jordans instead of Retros. Didn't even know the difference at the time.

Also, got made fun of a ton for not matching shoes with shirts.

You ever get roasted for wearing nike with adidas tho? Lmao.

Yep.. they used to call it ‘perpetrating ‘

4 more replies

14 more replies

I exclusively wore shoes from Payless, boy did I fucking get shit for that

I had Spaldings... where the fuck did my mom even find Spaldings shoes

4 more replies

I had the Shaq shoes when Payless sold those. Wore them once Lmao.

11 more replies

I know there will be some naysayers around this episode. It wasn't subtle at all but it reminded me that middle school wasn't subtle - everything was so overt and there was no subterfuge during that time. Consider the lunch men who saw Earns shirt and just gave each other knowing looks. That type of subtlety isn't learned for most until adultgood. But when you're a teenager, it's like everything around you is turned up to 11. I can see why Devin couldn't deal with that.

I thought most of it was good and felt real, but the suicide bit felt forced. That's where it felt like it wasn't subtle anymore.

Agreed

2 more replies

Been listening to Camp a few times this week and these lyrics from outside were in my head during this episode

She don’t want me in a lifestyle like my cousin And he mad cause his father ain’t around He lookin’ at me now, like "Why you so fuckin lucky? I had a father too But he ain’t around so I'mma take it out on you" We used to say "I love you," now we only think that shit It feels weird that you’re the person I took sink baths with Street took you over, I want my cousin back The world sayin' what you are Because you’re young and black, don’t believe ‘em You’re still that kid who kept the older boys From teasin', for some reason

Stephen Glover wrote this episode i wonder if that means anything

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

3 more replies

I love the way child Earn had the same body language as adult Earn

Same with Al.

When he was sitting on the couch with his leg up on chair. That was straight Paper Boi.

1 more reply

And was that girl he was looking at the microscope with Van?

117 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Some closed captions said "Rachael" I think. If you look at IMDb she is there with the name Rachael: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7709816/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

2 more replies

Van grew up around white people.

5 more replies

I don't know if the casting choice was based on the kid's mannerisms, or if he is just a great actor, but he absolutely nailed Donald Glover's nervous awkward persona.

8 more replies

I was just like Earn as a kid. I’m over here having flashbacks.

Yup. I used to be Just like him

We all were Earn , this is Reddit lol

2 more replies

i like how they changed the color grading this episode. usually the show (especially this season) has these purple tints, but this episode had a very warm orange look to it. it really perfectly captured how memories feel.

Also looked like film. I couldn’t tell if that was practical or digital, but doing the episode set pre digital in film is a nice touch.

Looked like 16 mm to me.

5 more replies

3 more replies

Comment deleted3 months ago(64 children)

Then the teacher says, "Are we going to have a good day today," and Denisha cracks back with, "I don't know. Are we?" STARING CONTEST.

6 more replies

Too accurate bruh lol

This moment made me laugh the most. I guessed what she'd say.

I guess it was just me but that girl seemed like a person who is actually Bi-polar. Just down and in pain one day and the next just hyper and happy as fuck.

lots of undiagnosed shit in them types of schools. And the kids never get help

8 more replies

45 more replies

You know he is gonna think of Devin every time be wears that shirt. And you know his mom is gonna make sure he wears them since "You asked me to buy these I'm not made outta money show some respect..."

4 more replies

They sure as hell haven’t pulled any punches this season

This episode makes me want to show more compassion toward everyone. Even after school ends, people still get bullied at work and public places just like this and it’s very sad that people can’t grow up.

Yeah I remember thinking "high school's going to be over soon and it's all going to be different" but it's been over a decade since graduation and it still hasn't ended.

5 more replies

2 more replies

Denisha def got herself an adderall prescription.

Yo, Denisha got breakfast for a change. It's that simple.

Yup. Wild how many people are missing this obvious point.

Adderall? Attenion seeking bitch? Damn people didn't get the message of this episode at all.

9 more replies

98 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

She never got her breakfast because Devon was stealing it from her. Now that he's gone, she's finally able to eat. Earn just saved that girl's academic career.

27 more replies

I wondered that as well.. but her interaction with the teacher was interesting and maybe adds more depth; where the teacher said ‘remember our talk today’s gonna be a good day’. Made me think that maybe she went to someone to talk out her problems? Idk..

37 more replies

I was thinking the same thing.

Kids are fucking savage. Alfred was a straight G though.

Yeah I got the feeling she was depressed or bipolar.

14 more replies

22 more replies

I'm sad.

I relate to this episode because middle school ultimately sucked, and those three years are a time I want to forget. Another beautifully crafted episode. Nothing felt forced, and every actor and actress did the damn thing.

As for Devon, man...rest in peace.

1 more reply

So powerful that a shirt from For Us By Us would be the reason a bunch of black kids would bully a classmate to the point he commits suicide. This show is beyond phenomenal.

2 more replies

Dude, this episode is gonna be important later on down the line. Especially that piano part. I had guessed Earn was making music on his laptop and that’s why he’s so mad and this kinda confirms my theory to myself.

Wow that makes a lot of sense, at first glance I took Earn tweaking over the laptop to be a part of him just kinda breaking down and lead into his fight with Tracy. Also he could have had Al’s album on the laptop and that could be why it’s so precious to him.

Yeah I been reading the theories on this and I’m not opposed to it. I just think we ain’t seen much of Earn cuz he’s focused on his own career.

Ahhhh! That would explain it

1 more reply

Donald Glover said he thought that Earn making music would be too corny when he was on some talk show not too long ago, though. Part of me doesn't think it will ever go down that road... unless that's just misdirection.

But uh.. What did Darius ever do with that piano, now that were talking pianos?

At the end of that episode Darius watched them take the piano away as evidence I think. That’s why he left empty handed.

20 more replies

Way too real. Damn

This brings me back to when I used to get made fun of in grade school. This show captures it perfectly

Word. Loved how they had the white kid say he wore the same shirt two times that week too. And he won’t get any shit for it lol

And it had to be salty dog cafe too

2 more replies

Al looking all last king of scotland in that ROTC uniform.

2 more replies

I honestly wonder if something like this happened while Steve and Donald were kids. Steve wrote the episode and it was a super accurate description of middle school life that transcends time.

It did. Donald was pretty poor growing up. In one of his standup bits he talks about getting bullied mercilessly for having fake adidas “4 stripes”

Oh yeah I know about that. I moreso meant the suicide that came from bullying due to certain brands

5 more replies

7 more replies

I feel like this might be an abbreviated story from their past

Middle school fucking sucks. That felt like something that really happened to Stephen Glover or Donald. The whole thing about how you get nicknames brought back so many memories. I wore a lot of sweaters so I got called "Mr. Rogers". Not the worst, but it stuck a long time.

I can tell you from experience from teaching, this was one of the more accurate portrayals of middle school classrooms and just classrooms in general. The kid that played on the desk is so accurate. But students like Al, were kind of fun cause they kept you on your toes.

I got the nickname "Ace" in my freshman year. I was in a weightlifting class and we had to run the track twice a week. I pumped my arms a lot (I can't run worth a shit). Got called "Ace Ventura." I just let it stick. The dicks who mocked me graduated, then everyone just called me Ace and had no clue why unless I told them.

4 more replies

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a show that just leaves me speechless for minutes on end after I watch it. Atlanta has done this the entire season, and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite shows of all time. Donald Glover is a true genius.

I don't know if anything could ever unseat The Wire, but this show is an absolute masterpiece.

9 more replies

1 more reply

That kid played adult Earn's mannerisms and vocal tendencies fucking PERFECTLY

3 more replies

So this basically confirms that all black people love DBZ right?

I laughed so fucking hard when Al and Earn had that convo. Good thing Mr. Popo's blue now. /s

6 more replies

After reading these comments, I guess I’m the only person in the universe that had a good time at school.....

7 more replies

Beautiful episode. Love Glover shooting it on 16mm. Gave it a gauzy, dreamy feel.

Well I was not expecting that suicide part

2 more replies

Al looking out for Earn in this weeks flashback episode. Love the juxtaposition between that and last week.

1 more reply

Growing up in Memphis in my formative years, I can fully attest to the fact that kids would roast the hell out of you without mercy. I can imagine it's even worse these days with social media.

11 more replies

I feel slightly less bad for Alfred getting robbed three+ times this season now that I’ve seen him just casually moving from locker to locker, robbing everyone in school.

8 more replies

This episode was too damn real. So good though.

- The title card was so smartly done I didn't even notice it at first!

- Child Earn was perfect, within seconds I was convinced it was him, same with Al. Was great to see a longer screen time with Al's Mom as well, she seemed like a great person.

-The note passing was hilarious, but the way she kept dropping it over his shoulder had me rolling! I've never seen anyone pass notes like that.

- The real part of the episode and not being able to afford real shit was a gut punch for a lot of us on here, getting roasted for shoes that weren't nike or adidas, my school had uniform so when it came to P.E if you didn't have "the" trainers/sneakers you would get chewed out.

- FUCKING EARN's TWO FACED ASS FRIEND, one with the reddish jacket and hi top haircut, started roasting him when there were more people, soon as Al defends Earn he wants to be buddy buddy (shows peer pressure very well though).

- Al was wearing a military uniform yes? Does this mean his dad was a veteran too? I seen another girl wear it so I'm not sure if this was something that happens in Atlanta

- Denisha was on an upper right, or am I wrong in guessing that, she was flipping tough that book with no purpose but super excited doing it.

- R.I.P Devin, I hate to relate to this kid, but someone in my school died (not from suicide but we all knew her) and I just wrote it off like it was nothing, I think just said Oh, and went on doing whatever I was doing. goddamn tho the kid had no heart. Young Tracy?!

- I think we've all had that Dragonball Z convo about Mr Popo, but still love the show haha

Last episode next week, It's been, heavy to be honest. Can't wait though.

8 more replies

Did anyone notice the white friend say "It doesn't matter, I've worn this shirt twice this week."? Very telling of black culture, and how we care waaay too much about name brands and "looking fresh", especially at that age.

4 more replies

Kids are terrible to each other for no reason. This episode took everyone back and was so relatable.

This was sad.

In a weird way, it was almost like if Earn just took the L from the jump, his classmate wouldn't have been bullied..and then took his own life. Sometimes, you just never know what other people are going through.

Of course but as a kid would you take that L? It's not Earn's fault he killed himself.

Of course not, but I think that's why Earn felt bad. Because, Earn probably could've took the L and got over the humiliation in comparison to all the things Devin was going through.

I assumed that was a given hence why his mom and aunt said he looked tired because he either cried or it stressed him out and Al kicked back didn't think twice about it.

5 more replies

3 more replies

This one hit too close for me, y’all.

2 more replies

This shit was too real. I always managed to pick the wrong clothes in school and kids take it way too far sometimes. Even your friends

27 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Man.... the crew behind this show, mainly Donald and Stephen, have always beautifully and eloquently presented a subject matter surrounding a theme whether it be negative or positive (but in this season, mostly negative lol) that's so real and so close to home to us. This episode, I'm sure, touched a lot of young African American men, and/or adults, (and hell even females for that matter) who really wasn't brought up lavishly. It's a subject of class and wealth and what's trendy, which I myself included, would constantly be ridiculed and challenged on the daily. The crew managed to capture the nightmares and horrors and fears of not fitting in, but capturing it in such a way that it's almost a Shakespearean tale presented in a 30 minute format lol. Major props to these fellas and I'm also loving the airtime between Zazie and Donnie (DP2/Solo) y'all killin it to the max lmao.

9 more replies

Al looking like Idi Amin

When the principal walked in I was like "OHH NOOO"

I like how it ended with them sitting on the couch. Gave me S1 vibes

I hope Brian Tyree Henry wins the Tony Award he just got nominated for and then an Emmy later this year, the dude is really talented I want him to win all the accolades he can get.

3 more replies

That shit was rough. Brought back so much anxiety from school days. That kid did an excellent job of duplicating Earn's mannerisms and speech patterns, especially the way he interacted with Alfred.

If you can’t relate to this episode, I know we didn’t grow up the same.

404 more replies

Atlanta is an American single-camera comedy tv series created by Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) who is also starring. The series is about two cousins in the Atlanta rap scene. The second season, titled Atlanta: Robbin' Season, premiered on March 1, 2018.