Atlanta's 16 Emmy Nominations

CategoryPersonEpisode
Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy SeriesDonald Glover
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy SeriesZazie Beetz
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy SeriesBryan Tyree Henry
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy SeriesKatt Williams
Outstanding Writing for a Comedy SeriesDonald Glover"Alligator Man"
Outstanding Writing for a Comedy SeriesStefanie Robinson"Barbershop"
Outstanding Directing for a Comedy SeriesDonald Glover"FUBU"
Outstanding Directing for a Comedy SeriesHiro Murai"Teddy Perkins"
Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less)"Teddy Perkins"
Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series
Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour)"Teddy Perkins"
Outstanding Music Supervision"Alligator Man"
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series"Alligator Man"
Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series"Teddy Perkins"
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation"Teddy Perkins"

And one bonus:

CategoryPersonShow
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy SeriesDonald GloverSNL
89 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation - "Teddy Perkins"

NO YOU CAN'T!

Edit: Also, Glover deserves the 'guest actor' award for Ras. P. Berry alone. That shit was the funniest SNL sketch I've ever seen and it was so good to see him bust out his Derrick Comedy chops again.

19 points · 1 month ago

I have to go back to my apartment. I did some stuff I didn’t even get to in the song.

7 points · 1 month ago

I find it funny that Donald Glover, on a different show, is against a guest on Donald's own show. So if either wins, Donald both wins and loses.

🎶I WATCHED YOU WITH HIM - - HUGGING IN THE NIGHT!🎶

Oh man the little dance he does at the end as he exits fuckin kills me every time

Dr

Reginald

Saunders

For those like me who had never seen the Oran Juice Jones original that this was based on: https://youtu.be/9dZW1C3neao

Lakeith was snubbed

Some bullshit. That man is amazing.

I think they're saving to give him an Oscar for "Sorry to Bother You".

10 points · 1 month ago

But can he win an Emmy for acting if he's really just being himself?

1. He's not truly full Darius as a person, that's all part of the act that is his public persona. He's definitely a weird dude but he plays it up 100%.

2. Even if he really is very similar to Darius, it's not like acting on a show is the same as just being yourself in real life. You have to do dozens of takes, be able to control your emotion on command, and especially with a character like Darius you have to be able to maintain the offbeat quirkiness while still contributing to the scene.

He definitely deserved a nomination.

Especially for Teddy Perkins, his desperation at the end was fucking brilliant.

-1 points · 1 month ago

Settle down, it was a joke.

My bad, tone doesn't come across well on the internet and I could totally see someone making that claim sincerely since Lakeith is pretty similar in real life. All love just defending my boy

True but he still portrays unique emotions in that character ya feel

Glad to see Bryan Tyree Henry get the nomination! Really felt he delivered this season and gave som much needed depth and emotion to Paper Boi.

I can’t find the article but when Alligator Man premiered Katt Williams said in an interview that Donald was going looking to get him an Emmy. Now Williams’ is nominated. That’s pretty crazy.

Ha this is the comment I was looking for but I remember that interview too, came out like a week before the season started. It was Williams quoting Glover who made the claim that he was going to get Katt an Emmy .

Unpopular opinion: I think Best Actor should go to Bill Hader. I had no idea he had that kind of range. I love Donald Glover for creating Atlanta, so I think that’s what his awards should be for, but Brian Tyree Henry is the stand out actor on the show.

20 points · 1 month ago

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?

That scene holy crap...

Someone get that man a copy of “The Four Agreements”

Agreement one: Be impeccable with your word 🤞🏾

Honestly, I’m in the same boat as you on that one. Donald Glover is an incredible actor but Bill Hader MURDERED (pun fully intended) on Barry. I’m curious to see who will win.

8 points · 1 month ago

That show was so good. I was watching it on On Demand and I couldn't stop. The way it goes from funny to awkward to jarringly violent is incredible. I hope Bill Hader and Donald Glover both get awards. I am just sad how Mr. Robot got snubbed.

2 points · 1 month ago

I think Glover is a really good actor, but Bryan Tyree Henry is simply brilliant, he just conveys so much emotion without saying a thing.

I agree that Hader is amazing in Barry, and I absolutely love that show, but Donald deserves the win for Teddy Perkins alone imo

True. That might be what wins it for him tbh. I keep forgetting that was Glover, which can’t be discounted. I guess we’ll see in September!

I swear Bryan Tyree Henry is going to get the Triple Crown of Acting one day, still really early in his career with 2 Emmy noms and a Tony nom.

Maybe he'll make a Paper Boi mixtape and get the EGOT.

Yea they’ll make an Atlanta movie and then he’ll get his Oscar for best soundtrack.

Yay Zazie and Brian.

Atlanta is an American single-camera comedy tv series created by Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) who is also starring. The series is about two cousins in the Atlanta rap scene. The second season, titled Atlanta: Robbin' Season, premiered on March 1, 2018.