Atlanta Actress Zazie Beetz in Talks to Join Joker Movie

Oh no baby

Bae doe

She's a brilliant actress and that mane of hers kills me.

Her and Earn's hair are my favorite characters.

Hope she plays Harley just so to see all the trolls heads explode.

The DC universe hasn’t earned someone of her talents. Actually, she could be in the Wonder Woman sequel, that movie was actually good

75 points · 1 month ago

Not a big fan of the DCU but apparently this will be a standalone film. With Todd Phillips directing, Scorsese producing and starring Joaquin Phoenix. I think it's in good hands but what the fuck do I know? I was hyped for Suicide Squad.....

So then is this supposed to be a different joker then the one in Suicide Squad?

Not the person you replied to, but I believe so, yes. I think WB currently has plans to move forward with both this and a Leto Joker & Harley Quinn movie as well.

Comment deleted1 month ago(1 child)

..Even the comics have made the multiple Joker phenomenon canon now.

12 points · 1 month ago

Yeah, rumor is that they are going to release it under "DC Dark" or something like that.

My bet is that they'll release it as a stand-alone film, and if it does well enough commercially and critically they'll then make a another movie universe that it will connect to.

Yeah I think this is supposed to be a lower-budget stand-alone movie, so basically like a crime film about the joker.

starring Joaquin Phoenix

Joker is gonna have his shirt tucked in and pants pulled up just a little too high.

32 points · 1 month ago

still sounds better than the Joker with face tatts and grills lol

A $55 million budget doesn't seem very high for a Joker movie

I think it will basically just be a crime movie, so there won't be any big CGI heavy climax or anything like that.

Its not part of the dc universe though

-2 points · 1 month ago

Genuine question, why do you think WW was good? I thought it was the same trash as any other DC movie.

-8 points · 1 month ago(0 children)

Her career blowing up

We live in a society

Atlanta is an American single-camera comedy tv series created by Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) who is also starring. The series is about two cousins in the Atlanta rap scene. The second season, titled Atlanta: Robbin' Season, premiered on March 1, 2018.