Power power

Sort by
Assologist™ 🍑😍351 points · 1 month ago

Him used to confuse me so much as a child. This and the red butt thing from cow and chicken. I think that started my fascination with butts.

This and the red butt thing from cow and chicken.

Red Guy. He was the Devil, but Red Guy was his canon name.

That whole show had an obsession with butts.

That whole show was just filled to the brim with adult humor, going back and rewatching it is still entertaining

Mmm pork butts n taters!

2 points · 1 month ago

Pork butts n taters!

Yeah, just realized how progressive the Powerpuff Girls are. I know trans people existed at the time but it wasn’t as out and talked about as now. Him was some kind of gender fluid...crab monster before any of us knew what gender fluid was. His name was Him but he liked frilly stuff and wears a skirt with thigh high boots, and I didn’t think anything of it. That who he was, he’s a villain and that’s how he is. I never sat there and thought they should have Him wearing more ‘masculine’ clothes because his name implied he was male, or that they should make his voice more masculine or feminine, or that they should change this character to lean more to either side. Him was a great, complex character.

49 points · 1 month ago

Damn....thats crazy....

M E T A

What’s crazy?

Woah a meme crossover

The whole situation

-1 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Wow.....are you serious.....

I don't know about the trans thing. I looked at it as him just crossdressing. All the feminity just made Him more sinister seeming because I knew that he actually didn't sound like that and did it in part because he could and also it seemed to throw off his true nature of being really evil.

Gender fluid is not trans.

Why are you assuming Him is gender fluid? That was never mentioned or insinuated from the show. Also I didn't call him trans, the other guy did.

never mentioned or insinuated from the show

His name is literally Him and he dresses in a frilly version of the powerpuff girl uniform with high heeled thigh high boots, wears makeup, and talk with a distorted voice but still has a goatee and uses masculine nouns. How is it not implied? They kinda make it obvious.

3 points · 1 month ago

Precisely this. TV is a great equalizer. I believe that tv shows then we’re preparing our minds now to be less hateful. I couldn’t care less if someone is trans.

-21 points · 1 month ago(2 children)

I’m not saying it is, I was describing Him. I’m not specifically saying that’s what gender fluidity is.

-23 points · 1 month ago(0 children)

I thought that fascination was just a normal thing for everyone. Didn't ..realize... I'm .. weird?

13 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

That show was always weird to me, but now that I'm older, I just looked up all the characters in that show and I'm really starting to wonder who decided to air that to millions of little kids

Like Bro, look at this

3 points · 1 month ago

Haha who remembers that in cow and chicken they literally ate ass

It is also gay mythology. Don't be spreading your homophobia. Now let me go prey to Mojojojo

Read this as MOOOOOE JOJOJO can't unhear.

SAME hahaha

52 points · 1 month ago

The two aren't mutually exclusive

I thought Him was so scary as a kid, his voice was straight nightmare fuel!

In the fist episode with Him, I think he takes over one of their stuffed animals. My daughter has not forgiven me for making her watch that.

Original Poster11 points · 1 month ago

One of the reasons why Him was so scary was we didn't knew what it was, even his name was weird for a kid.

18 points · 1 month ago

Does anyone have that pic?

I’m interested too 🧐

33 points · 1 month ago

Found the source, I think.

Spoiler: it was made after PPG

Edit: here's the artist's instagram!

If anybody's wondering, the text over the building with the American flag says "Townsville Hall" in Hindi.

Me as well 🤔

3 points · 1 month ago

Count me in 😳

Just commented the source

Professor Utonium (along with Samurai Jack) was a big part of my gay awakening.

Wait, professor Utonium?Would you care to get into it? I mean, are you into the lonely father figure or what?

Daddy issues

1 point · 1 month ago

Username checks out.

THIS NIGGA FUCKING CUPCAKES9 points · 1 month ago

CURSES

I still remember that one episode where there was like a ghost/zombie kid from an old movie theater (with an iron maiden?). Still freaks me tf out

Abra Kadaver? Or something like that

He was the dead looking zombie with magic tricks, terrifying

Black people being hilarious on social media