Sort by
Single comment thread. View all comments
Original Poster6 points · 29 days ago

It's a mentality thing usually if someone struggles from a different spot in the order. Not an ability thing

Smoltynewicz
4 points · 29 days ago

It can also be who hits behind them, if anyone is on base, etc. These things change how a pitcher pitches and if that increases Nick’s chances of getting a hit then I say let it ride and keep him at cleanup

Original Poster1 point · 29 days ago

Absolutely, I also don't understand the logic behind markakis being a better leadoff hitter than freeman would be. Not saying I think he should hit there, but I don't think it's markakis and "Not even close"

Smoltynewicz
1 point · 29 days ago

I think if Ender keeps up what he’s been doing then throw him into the leadoff spot otherwise keep everything the same

Original Poster2 points · 29 days ago

Yeah I'm with you, ender is the most proven leadoff guy in our lineup, and we've just kind of been waiting around for him to come alive. I say maybe give him another week or two to make sure its real and then let him loose

Freeman is the Braves best all around hitter which makes him not the best option to leadoff. But your best hitter either 2 or 3

Original Poster1 point · 28 days ago

I think you're either wording this kind of oddly or I'm misunderstanding you. Freeman definitely adds more value as a 3 hitter than nick does as a cleanup hitter, so I'd definitely displace nick in the lineup before I would Freddie, but you can't convince me that nick markakis would be more affective as a leadoff hitter than Freddie would. Freddie is just simply a better hitter, so he would fit better into any spot.

Yes from a pure OBP and hitting stand point Freddie would be the best leadoff hitter

Community to discuss the latest developments in Atlanta Braves baseball.

r/Braves Rules