Archived

Gift for a Crypto Nerd

My brother is really into Crypto currencies and I was thinking of getting him something related to that. Not buying actual crypto currency since that's basically just giving money but I was hoping something related. Any ideas? Thanks

Analyst
6 points · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago

It's really cool of you to want to do this. Are you an outsider to the crypto community, or have you dabbled some? Choosing the wrong gift may come across as cheesy or cringey, or potentially be of no use without checking with him first, so be careful (but that is totally depending on his sense of humor!).

For $10-20, stickers, badges, a mousemat or a mug themed after crypto are all possibilities.

For $30, a crypto themed t-shirt might be perfect... or it might be that he doesn't want to advertise his involvement for security reasons, or it might be that he hates certain currencies or has a favorite. You could try to figure this out without making it obvious what you are asking, and maybe pick the perfect shirt.

For $90, if you happen to know for a fact that he does not own a hardware wallet, but does own at least hundreds of dollars of crypto, you could buy him something like a Ledger Nano S on amazon and it would likely be highly appropriate and very well-received. However, you would want to make sure that it would be of use to him, and that depends on the specific cryptos he dabbles with.

edit: I bet he would also be quite thrilled to receive some crypto. Anyone here would be thrilled. It just seems like you are new to crypto, and maybe not in a position to buy it conveniently. And that's what they make funny crypto t-shirts for. Good luck :)

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

I have dabbled a little bit yeah. He actually does have a hardware wallet but those other ideas are great!! I will definitively look into those thanks for your help =D

Hi! I sell enamel pin badges. Currently there are four designs - bitcoin, Monero, ethereum, and antshares. I think they pretty cool (but then I am biased!).

Check them out here - www.moderndayminer.com

Key chains!!

2 - 3 years account age. 300 - 1000 comment karma.

Crypto clothing. My BTC socks are all the rave at parties.

There are t shirts with crypto currency logos on Amazon.

Altcoiner
1 point · 8 months ago

Hardware wallet? Or one of those funny christmas sweaters

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

He does have a wallet but the sweater is a good idea or maybe some socks too?

1 - 2 year account age. 35 - 100 comment karma.
2 - 3 years account age. 300 - 1000 comment karma.

Instant purchase - I have always hated ugly sweater parties because I never wanted to pay money for a shitty sweater because my sweater game is on point. THIS IS DIFFERENT.

I repeat - instant purchase.

Bought a sweater from this guy. Still waiting for it but his customer service is great. Replied to my emails quickly.

1 - 2 year account age. 35 - 100 comment karma.
1 point · 8 months ago

Nice, im still waiting for a IOTA one

0 points · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago

Not much better you could buy for someone “into” crypto than, well, crypto.

Nothing says it better than cash. Except crypto.

Edit: replaced"bitcoin" with "crypto."

The official source for CryptoCurrency News, Discussion & Analysis.

r/CryptoCurrency Rules