Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

MEDIA

Andreas Antonopoulos to be on the Joe Rogan Podcast soon

2 and a half hours of

Joe: So you're saying the blockchain does this and this?

Andreas: Yeah but it can also do this

Joe: Whoaaaaa

Bitconnect fan

Joe: does the blockchain produce ketones?

Redditor for 6 months.

"I heard if you eat a Bitcoin it's FIVE TIMES as psychoactive than mining it. It's processed by your liver and releases something called Etherium Hydroxy Metabolitecoin, can you confirm this?"

1 - 2 years account age. 200 - 1000 comment karma.

So spot on lmao

7 - 8 years account age. 400 - 800 comment karma.

Have we talked about how Fritz Haber forked Zyclon A to create Zyclon B?

He enthousiasme is really great, seems genuine too compared to other podcast hosts. His bit on how awesome 4chan was in trolling had me in tears.

Redditor for 6 months.

No ones gunna mention the base god tho?

*based god

Hopefully soon, but he's been on that list for like half a year already.

IIRC he made Joe a wallet and sent him some BTC when he was on the first time, and Joe proceeded to donate the funds to a charity some time ago.

The wallet gets donations and he gave it to his friend Justin Wren who builds wells in the Congo to cash out when ever he needs

at first he actually kept the wallet, and the money that joe raised via bitcoin. He just gave the monetary amount out of his own pocket. Because he wanted to see what was gonna happen with the bitcoin thing. He has since said that the wallet is now justin's anytime he wants to claim it. I remember BTC was at like 19k when he had like 7btc on there and told Justin he could just have the wallet whenever he wanted it.

Oh you're right! I remember him saying that now

never heard that. thats awesome though Wren is an incredible dude doing a lot of good for some of the least cared about people in the world.

He took donations to the wallet to help his friends Justin Wrens charity.

People got their knickers in a bunch when they saw the funds had never been moved, but what Joe did was give the USD amount directly to Justin and then not cash out the BTC. He's since stated that whatever is in the wallet (i believe they got around 5 BTC back in 2014) is his to keep and do with what he wants, so he gets that on top of the money he already paid out.

To clarify - the bitcoin in the wallet is still going to Water4.

yeah sorry by "his to do with" i meant Justins, not Joes.

2 - 3 years account age. 300 - 1000 comment karma.

Yeah - I think it's good timing to revisit the topic though!

OmiseGo Fan

Oh nice, his last one was fantastic. One of the reasons I got so heavy into crypto, such an inspiring speaker

1 point · 2 months ago

me too

yea, sometimes he does seem a little overly biased in bitcoins favor, but definitely excited to hear him

1 - 2 years account age. 200 - 1000 comment karma.

he's a bitcoin maximalist

Redditor for 7 months.

Conditions prime. Launch the bull run!

Not to mention joe and jaime mentioned that he gave them bitcoin a long time ago and forgot what they need to do to access it. jaime wants him over so he can get in on those bitcoin profits

Redditor for 11 months.

Should bring a nice bump in btc value, esp now it’s already something the majority of his listeners should be at least aware of what it is. Which in turn, hopefully lead to a few more people becoming aware of crypto outside of just “currencies” if we are still in a bull run, even better 🙌🏼

Comment deleted2 months ago(4 children)
Observer

This interview would have been awesome in 2012. Unfortunately, Andreas's standing in the community had taken quite a tumble since then.

Anyone around since those days would have to agree, or they aren't sharing the truth with you.

I wasn't around in 2012. What makes you say that Andrea's standing in the community has taken a tumble since then?

Andreas's standing in the community had taken quite a tumble since then.

What happened?

Huh? I love Andreas antonopolus. Why don't people like hime?

What in the living shit are you talking about

-31 points · 2 months ago(5 children)
Redditor for 11 months.

So much wrong with this response, I’m actually not sure if it’s intended as sarcasm or not? In case you actually were somewhat srs: Joe Rogan has had upwards of 90 million downloads in a single month - around 6 a month equals 15 million an ep or so. Which is just a few more in total from your “few thousand yanks” I mean you were close but just wanted to get it a bit closer to the actual real numbers. Not sure if you know how mcap work, irregardless - the mcap for btc isn’t actually 150 BILLION of real fiat. It’ll take far less new fiat buying into btc to affect its price. Again, hope it was sarcasm and your knowledge on this basic fundamental wasn’t so skewed. The reason I’m guessing it wasn’t is because you wrote “buy buy buy” at the end, which is facts hence the rest you must of also been series :/

-18 points · 2 months ago(0 children)
Redditor for 11 months.

I estimated he would get a few million? Again, just a bit off the estimate - getting closer though, well done. I mean, I feel like I lost you after the first sentence in that last comment I wrote, going by the almost incoherent response you wrote me. He’s been on a few times, I guess he must enjoy his conversations with him, many guests don’t ever get 2 goes around. Trying playing it at .5x speed - I think maybe you’ll be able to follow it better, judging by my experience with you here rn. I guess what I really mean is, it may have been boring to YOU because you were slightly confused at the content being discussed? Andreas actually makes btc/crypto talk something that is enjoyable and more understandable. He is a great speaker and asset in that term. Anyone that just talks technical and as if common listeners have an ok level starting point in this subject, won’t be getting any new people interested enough to even listen let alone continue to research once it’s over. Tbh,

-13 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

I guess that is one way to say I lost the argument.

Redditor for 11 months.

Woohoo! I like Joe Rogan!

Joe "you gotta pull that sucker closer" Rogan

Altcoiner

Also Michael Bisping who is interested in cryptos but has no idea what he's talking about or investing in. He invested in one called Timmy Coin but the tokenization didnt make any sense to me.

Redditor for 4 months.

Ah so he's one of us

IOTA fan

more excited about lil b though

2 - 3 years account age. 150 - 300 comment karma.
1 point · 2 months ago

same , tybg, truly a blessed day

Comment deleted2 months ago(1 child)
OmiseGo Fan

Recommend the what bitcoin did podcast with her if you haven't checked it out. Great listen.

9 - 10 years account age. 250 - 500 comment karma.

We've been trying to get Andreas on Bad Crypto for months. If anyone has a connection, please let me know.

CryptoCurrency fan

Was he not on the show atleast once?

Redditor for 11 months.

I've heard two podcasts. I think one was in the 400s and the other around the 800s

7 - 8 years account age. 100 - 200 comment karma.

I think 4 times

Redditor for 7 months.

Neil degrasse as well? Amazing, can i watch/listen it online somewhere?

Altcoiner
1 point · 2 months ago

Joe has a live recording on his YouTube channel.

These lists aren't official. He's only on there because months ago Joe said something on the podcast like "we are gonna get Andreas on the podcast again" but that doesn't mean a lot. I'm sure he will be back on but there's nothing official and no time frame what so ever

Moderator of r/CryptoCurrency, speaking officially1 point · 2 months ago

If this submission was flaired inaccurately, click here.

can't wait

Redditor for 5 months.
1 point · 2 months ago

The BitLord

Redditor for 11 months.
1 point · 2 months ago

He’s already been on it once

1 point · 2 months ago

Hes been on 3 times already

Again? He was already on the show. And last time Joe was kind of rude and crass and really high.

Litecoin fan
1 point · 2 months ago

That has been there for months

7 - 8 years account age. 400 - 800 comment karma.
1 point · 2 months ago

Lil B! Love that guy

🇨🇦🍺
1 point · 2 months ago

That's his third time?

redditor for 16 days.
1 point · 2 months ago

Hey Joe ....... You dabble in Fear Factor , MMA , Cannabis and Now Crypto ? I like you're style and we say " HAIL TO THE CRYPTO HEADS FROM CALIFORNIA " ..... What are you're thoughts ?

Redditor for 11 months.
-2 points · 2 months ago

It seems like AA has fallen behind. We need a new crypto rep.

-10 points · 2 months ago(1 child)
Redditor for 4 months.
1 point · 2 months ago

disagree, I love AA content

hands down the best logo ever.

-6 points · 2 months ago(0 children)
5 - 6 years account age. 150 - 300 comment karma.

lil b is the only real rapper out here

Redditor for 3 months.
-4 points · 2 months ago

your the reason our society is going backwards

says a redditor with Gucci Mane in his username?

Redditor for 11 months.

Please don’t disrespect Guwop.

Redditor for 3 months.

gucci mane been in prison half his life and still manages to make millions quicker than anyone

The official source for CryptoCurrency News, Discussion & Analysis.

r/CryptoCurrency Rules