Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Since all the buzz seems to be about Matt Kemp recently.. a throwback video of how he became one of my fav players

Man I miss Vin, I’ve always loved Kemp and he’s my hero for dating Rihanna at her prime.

I didn't know Vin was dating Rihanna, what a guy!

Yeah, Scully took her virginity, messy break up.

Andre Ethier
15 points · 10 days ago

Vin! Dre! Uribae! <3

Jackie Robinson
18 points · 10 days ago

Being able to watch games without spectrum! <3

Kyle Farmer
11 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

Man, I miss Paco Rodriguez! I love his high kick in the end! Such an incredible game! Right at the beginning of our 42-8 streak tear!

"Rodriguez threw 19 pitches for the missing Brandon League."

I had almost forgotten the Brandon League Closing Experience.

Joc Pederson
6 points · 10 days ago

I remember this game, it was the turning point in the 2013 season, and at the beginning of the 42-8 run after being in last place.

They hadn't won more than 3 games in a row at this point, every step forward they took they took two steps back. Plus an insane amount of injuries forced an early call up of Puig. Most people credit Puig for the turnaround, but for his first couple weeks the team still wasn't that good. But this game, this moment you can see the emotion in Kemp and the team. Something big finally broke their way and they built on it to go on that run and win the division.

Original Poster3 points · 10 days ago

Yep. It gives me chills every time I see Kemp smack that centerfield wall. He was always so nonchalant, to see him get fired up like that was a cool moment for the fans and the players.

Clayton Kershaw
7 points · 10 days ago

Man, do I remember the ladies consecutively screaming for those Ethier-Kemp at bats.

Also, this video features Juan Uribe, ju no?

Damn Punto, Hairston, Cruz, Fed, Uribe, brings me back....

Dave Roberts
3 points · 9 days ago

NICK PUNTO!

Vin and the Dodgers on channel 9. Damn I'm nostalgic for the pre-telecom greed days.

Corey Seager
3 points · 9 days ago

Sure I miss Paco and Ethier, but I also miss how a few games used to be televised on KCAL 9.

Reddit community for fans of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

r/Dodgers Rules