Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Posted by
Not enough cats
1 month agoGilded1
GL Discussion

Hype for May 11th

Hi Everyone,

I've been tagged in a lot of comments about disappointment concerning the repeat Bahamut raid. I apologize for not responding right away. (I've been traveling.)

I know for veteran players, this week is not meeting your expectations, but I'd like to assure you that May won't be a disappointing month. Here's why:

• Something that everyone's been waiting for will be released on May 11th.

• We have more good bundles on the way. :D

• New stuff is coming. (I have to be vague here, sorry.)

We are still working on getting the right balance between providing challenging content for the veteran players without scaring off the newer players. In the meantime, please continue to voice your thoughts on Reddit because I do cite my sources when I report feedback to the team.

And just as a reminder, if you have any questions you'd like to submit for the Q&A on the FFBE Updates Videos, post your question in the comments of the most recent Updates video on the Official FFBE YouTube. This is part of how we select questions for the videos.

Thank you!

~~

Elytra

Community Manager

Follow me: Twitter | Facebook

[GL] okeydoke ★ 411 249 974
413 points · 1 month ago

A little communication goes a long way. Thank you for the update.

Not enough cats
Original Poster214 points · 1 month ago

You're welcome, and I'm glad to hear it!

You've activated my trap card! (198,162,240)
39 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

let's hope it lives up to the impossibly high expectations of some people in this sub lol. thanks for your hard work.

do you know if there are any plans to 'catch up' on the Trial backlog? after all, those releasing later relative to unit releases sort of makes them easier than they should be.

THOU THOU THOU THOU!
16 points · 1 month ago

Don't be a jellybean just because I am going to be announced as the Grand Grand Prize Winner for the 30m raffle on 5/11. I fully intend to give shout outs to everyone here, even people with whom I have bickered and fought about whatever issues.

Hell's Grannies
6 points · 1 month ago

30 Million Shadows are Yours!!!!!

2 more replies

Hey man, glad to see what a good job you do! After playing Brave Frontier for years, some of the radio silence we had there for a while was just awful, but having people like you around really does make a huge difference.

Keep doing what you're doing!

1063 atk TDH FD Ang, 1105 Mag Cg sakura, 1212 A2, 1220 Alieen
2 points · 1 month ago

Let's hope it's a max raid/arena orb increase for purchase with lapis to a max of 10 orbs

4 more replies

For the Gravy!
27 points · 1 month ago

A little communication goes a long way.

Exactly. Even vague assurances like this are worlds better than anything I ever experienced on Brave Frontier.

THOU THOU THOU THOU!
2 points · 1 month ago

Yeah. The rhetoric of "it's going to be good" is much better than than "we have something planned in the future." Vague sucks, but vague with something more than a simple "stuff" hints at something mildly interesting to say the least.

Fixed Income
62 points · 1 month ago

Soooooo... fuse more than 5 units at a time finally?

520,864,994 KAFRIZZLE
24 points · 1 month ago

this thought makes me moist

I'm Turgid already

577 264 940
14 points · 1 month ago

This would have saved my sanity last night as I was at ~2800/410 units and was just fusing raid summons into each other for TMR's for about three hours.

I'd also love to have cactuar fusing. In JP you can fuse cactuars into each other, and this does several things. Frees up space, each cactuar fuse can hit the bonus exp, and you can make "level up" cactuars that have the exp needed to get from level 1 to max for a given star level.

Wherefore art thou, Ramza?
3 points · 1 month ago

fusing raid summons into each other for TMR’s for about three hours.

This guy parties. (About 2+ hours myself before I fell asleep on couch :( )

4 more replies

143.965.462
5 points · 1 month ago

After spending two days fusing raid summons before the game would allow me the "privilege" to play it again, I can't stress enough how much this is needed.

The other thing is a drag bar for raid and friend point summons; just like buying items. There is really no point in limiting it to 10K. Just let us summon the amount we want to (in most cases, all of your coins). Sitting there waiting for ~50 summons is an exercise in tedium.

As long as raids & raid summons are a thing this will always be a problem until it is addressed. Basic game design principles: Always work to remove the things that are not fun and replace them with things that are fun.

This ^

The current raid feels like a step back too as we are limited to 5k coins per summon too.....sigh

O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E
31 points · 1 month ago

Can you say if the may 11th thing that we will be hyped about is an event or banner or QoL thing?

No Ayaka or CG Fina Club Member
33 points · 1 month ago

May 11th is a Friday.

QoL updates are implemented as soon as maintenance finishes so an event/banner is more likely.

I'm pretty sure it'll be CG Lid since the apps icon already has her portray on it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Utinni!
38 points · 1 month ago

I hardly think CG Lids banner qualifies as something "that everyone's been waiting for". We know its coming, CG's are on schedule.

It's litrock fam
15 points · 1 month ago

I mean yeah, you've just answered the question yourself; we know it's coming thus it's what we all have been waiting for.

11 more replies

We have cookies
9 points · 1 month ago

True but hopefully it also means sth new coming along with her banner. Maybe another GLEX trial? Please?

Yeah hopefully. Let's all hope that gimu still hasn't woken up yet.

never enough!
3 points · 1 month ago

that's pretty expected...but i'm not so sure if that's the one 'everyone is waiting for' :D

Maybe from their pov 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 more replies

Let's hope it's the Sephiroth banner.

Insert flair text here
2 points · 1 month ago

One of the top requests from players will be implemented possibly as early as May. There is no official announcement yet because the timing is not final. I know for sure Redditors will rejoice! "We are considering it" has turned into "We are definitely doing it." :D

This was from his (her? IDK) post two weeks ago. Sounds like a QoL thing to me. Reading it in isolation, it could be a collab, but going back to the post from 2 weeks ago, there's a separate bullet point for the June collab, so the quote above is probably not referring to a collab. It does not sound like something already implemented in JP.

112,042,153 GLS 1,007 MAG
7 points · 1 month ago

My guess is an alternative login method to Facebook.

5 more replies

5 more replies

GL 316,765,643
115 points · 1 month ago

I really hope it's the reload button :D

That's in a bundle.

944,411,530 A2/bonus.....whatever
55 points · 1 month ago

$46.99 bundle to enable the reload button!

18 points · 1 month ago

...too soon

19 points · 1 month ago

Never too soon for profit!

14 points · 1 month ago

Found the Ferengi. Star Trek collab confirmed.

4 more replies

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Thun-thun-thunder, thunder, thunder
5 points · 1 month ago

Is that 50% off?

never enough!
3 points · 1 month ago

u devil! don't give them idea...go away!

4 more replies

7* Dagger when?
8 points · 1 month ago

What's a reload button for?

944,411,530 A2/bonus.....whatever
17 points · 1 month ago

It queues up all your actions from your previous turn (so you can press them manually) instead of activating them with the Repeat button

We have cookies
5 points · 1 month ago

Sounds good and bad at the same time. For raids I would not want to reload and press again, I'd rather want to repeat like it is working now since the boss dies anyways.

IGN TapuKoko | 091.934.127, DM for unit change
13 points · 1 month ago

Reload will replace the useless reset button tho

We have cookies
10 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Oh, I somehow thought it would replace the repeat button.

That is actually quite nice!

2 points · 1 month ago

OKay, before it disappear, actually what is the reset button usage?

7 points · 1 month ago

Resets all characters to default basic attack. It swipes up on everyone for you.

What is love?
4 points · 1 month ago

Then you can press Repeat! Reload replaces the useless* Reset button. It's pretty amazing.

*yes I know somebody out there probably uses it religiously but please don't tell me

We have cookies
5 points · 1 month ago

I somehow thought it would replace the repeat button. In that case this change is really great!

7* Dagger when?
3 points · 1 month ago

ah that'd be nice indeed, tnx

3 more replies

Set back previous command without activating them like repeat I guess, just what I need.

i'm a princess, get me out of here!!!
2 points · 1 month ago

to save your sanity and soul, like seriously

Lid, Nichol, Zeek
26 points · 1 month ago

RAMZA ENHANCEMENTS !!!

6* WoL when?!

~~A2 for life!~~ All aboard the Fry Train!
3 points · 1 month ago

Finally I can enhance his Ultima!

20 points · 1 month ago

Wow, I gotta say this is incredible, I had no idea you guys connected with your player base like this! I've been a free player this whole time but I'm going to buy a bundle just to support you guys because of this!

Also I'm glad the bahamut raid/event is coming back because when I joined in it was long gone.

Not enough cats
Original Poster4 points · 1 month ago

Thank you for supporting the game!

Seph early banner like Basch perhaps? Maybe?

16 points · 1 month ago

Yeah, skip FF IV Fabul Castle for now and delve into Niblheim HYPE!

But i need a helmless dragoon and a loli mage thats somehow more powerful than her adult form... because reasons?

She still holds her innocence, which in turn gives her greater power. As we all age, our sense of wonderment and unabated ability to hold on to true hope begins to diminish, and with that, our ability to call on pure faith for power rots away. Rydia as a wee tot still has these indomitable traits, which gives her the strength and will to overcome any trials and tribulations. Just think of Son Goku's naivete and Power ᕙ(⇀‸↼)ᕗ

I'm just dicking with you: lolies are OP because Japan :3

Ready, set, skate!(
10 points · 1 month ago

Don't forget she also crushes pesky dragoons and dark knights with a single summon as a child...

And can create rifts that can isolate an entire village, from one direction at least (too bad she didn't do it before the guys offering rings arrived). But all that was with the power of hate, not innocence tho xD

Ice queen extraordinaire
2 points · 1 month ago

I want to like this more than once.

★ No doggo club ★
2 points · 1 month ago

Removing your helmet or being younger makes you stronger.

GUMI = definition of fucked up
2 points · 1 month ago

dont forget remove your armor too it could turn you into completely person

it could turn you into completely person

I wasn't person, but now I am

For the Gravy!
4 points · 1 month ago

I wasn't person, but now I am

God damnit why is this so funny to me?

We have cookies
5 points · 1 month ago

More like....Nibelhype

2 points · 1 month ago

Son of a bitch. I've been playing God of War, and the realm of Niflheim has been driving me crazy because I just recently heard something that made me think of it a lot, but anything lore related (Marvel, actual lore) has not sparked that memory of what I was thinking of. It sounded so familiar because I just recently went through Niblheim in Mobius FF. Way off topic, but yeah

3 more replies

Oh god I hope not, I need 7k more lapis to get to 50k and was hoping for a story event and more main story to get there.

2 points · 1 month ago

I don't think so. With the new app icon, we're nearly sure CG Lid will comme the 11th. So I guess it's not the said surprise.

2 more replies

I’m sure she is referring to CG Lid, the best breaker

2 points · 1 month ago

While Lid is great, she hardly qualifies as "Something that everyone's been waiting for". That would apply for FB login alternative, or Reload button, or Seph, but not Lid.

4 more replies

Cheap Red Mage
25 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Personally speaking, I welcome the Bahamut raid.

While, I am disappointed we won't be able to get the individual rewards again, on the other hand I would like more Draco Spikes and Crimson Bloods

Gigantaurs and Snappers are also welcome

521 465 629
13 points · 1 month ago

I'm getting the rewards. First three hit my inbox after doing two orbs. Helps that I don't have to re unlock the elite level

Cheap Red Mage

Same, even better then

577 264 940
7 points · 1 month ago

I missed all these events, as I just started playing in Dec/Jan. While even I've progressed past these items a bit, it still helps build up my equipment roster. I literally don't have enough equipment to do a 10-man trial.

Think of the children!

2 more replies

Justice Rains from Above!
45 points · 1 month ago

Thanks for the heads up, Elytra! I can't wait to see what the new stuff is!

Though I am more concerned why we are getting a repeat on the Bahamut raid rather than the fact that we are getting one. Do you know why we are getting repeated events that are taking up a week rather than adding new content/summons? These kinds of weeks just seem like "filler" weeks though I don't understand what they are "filling" for.

Furthermore, do you know if this is going to be a thing from now on and how often should we expect it? Sorry for asking a lot of questions like this but I'm still not a fan of repeating content that gives very little to "veteren" players but not repeating content early enough for most players to benefit from it.

Not enough cats
Original Poster43 points · 1 month ago

I don't know if this will be a thing from now on but it's something I'm definitely hoping we can change.

It always ends like this...
18 points · 1 month ago

Legitimate question, are the repeat events because the devs tied down working on something big? I think you mentioned that you had no choice but to rerun Macademia Woods.

35 points · 1 month ago

That’s Macarena Woods

Bae - 230,092,818
14 points · 1 month ago

AYE

I'm your huckleberry
2 points · 1 month ago

You killed me hahahaha xD

1 in a million salts.
15 points · 1 month ago

Macademia Woods.

When the Macalania Woods get sucked into a multi-dimension timewarp and fuse with FFType-0 and FF13 cities.

Macademia Woods.

We have cookies
8 points · 1 month ago

actually that would be a nice place to be...I love macadamia nuts..

4 more replies

In Japan they've been rerunning MK events. It helps newer players with catching up to the current meta, and those who may have missed it due to rl and such a chance at the limited time gear and such. It may be we're getting the rerun raid to not overshadow the DQ collab going for another week and the CG Lid banner that I believe starts the following week.... just a wild guess considering the app icon change... :3

Hoarding for Xenogears!
8 points · 1 month ago

There they also get new content at the same time.

TBH JP also has these rerun events, when it's not overwhelming for us seasoned players, it still comes in handy for newer players and for those whose missed one particular item, I'm glad we're getting those back from time to time, it provides us with some spare time to farm TM or just chill after à lot of farming. Also, bahamut raid lets us get the rewards once more, which I wasn't expecting at all. While the opinions may diverge on that point, i'm pretty sure lots of people are Happy to get free Zyrus/Reberta TMRs.

Be sure most events will get a rerun at some points, sometime at the same time as a new even also, so don't be scared too much about filler reruns, it will most often be running in parallel to another.

Cheers People, have fun!

You've activated my trap card! (198,162,240)
4 points · 1 month ago

I think the content repeats come about because story events, new raids, and mog king events are supposed to be on a 1/month rotation, so there's sort of an 'empty week' to fill. rather than just have a full rest week like we sometimes have, the repeat raid gives a bit extra to do for people that want it, and for players that weren't around for the first one it's nice. still though. it'd be nice if story/trial release was timed to line up with this 4th week so people have the free energy to do it.

11 more replies

Ayaka <3 Will never give up searching for you
25 points · 1 month ago

Your posts are always appreciated!! Now you have me excited for May 11th! :D

Not enough cats
Original Poster24 points · 1 month ago

Woo hoo! I'm hyped too TBH. :)

14 more replies

i'm a princess, get me out of here!!!
4 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

isn't it just cg lid though? andmaybeonenewtrialplease?

unless they actually implemented step up for that, then i'm hyped

25 points · 1 month ago

Hopefully may 11 brings us a Facebook alternative login / save possibility. I can not have a Facebook account and I need to change phone soonish...

Support can transfer my account but after the process the account is tied permanently to facebook.

8 points · 1 month ago

I’d give up all my 5 Star tickets for this.

Me too! (I got 0)

Every Day I m D.Ruining
7 points · 1 month ago

CG Hyou is coming ! /s

~~A2 for life!~~ All aboard the Fry Train!
7 points · 1 month ago

Heck, let's skip Hyou and go straight to Jecht/Auron banner!

well the only Banner I`'m waiting is Sephiroth, more specific the step up banner.

One winged angel theme intensifies!

8 points · 1 month ago

News on May 11th? Half-Life 3 confirmed!!!!

Save Tix and Lapis again ~
27 points · 1 month ago

i already hype enough when see the title + the name who post this even without reading the content. XD

Not enough cats
Original Poster19 points · 1 month ago

Aww, thank you for letting me know! <3

17 points · 1 month ago

I’m thrilled we’re getting Bahamut raid again. Largely skipped it the first time around due to other commitments. Despite being a veteran player, I look forward to Crimson Blood, second Spike, Equip H Armor, Dragons Roar, a boatload of heavicrysts and lb pots.

And very glad to hear Gumi contemplating challenges for vets. The thing is, new players wouldn’t be scared away if they knew they’d get another shot at the content on a predictable recurring schedule.

To me it makes more sense to rerun old events concurrently with new ones, but perhaps organize them on their own tab so new players can take on challenges commensurate with their level and vets can go back and get something they missed to break up the new content monotony that sets in during week 2.

Most players are FF veterans and are used to building up at their own pace to take on challenges. I believe most players would be fine knowing they can’t beat a trial boss right away or perhaps aren't ready for particular content but know it won’t cost them in perpetuity.

I thought this was a particularly nice sentiment to add my 2 cents in under. Sometimes all that gets heard are the unsatisfied voices because the rest of us are quietly and contently playing.

So, thank you for the event reruns! Plenty of us welcome the loots we weren't around to get during the original runs.

Not that I don't understand the feelings of others who might view reruns as potential delays in the release of challenging new content. We all know they constitute pretty minimal development effort, so theoretically they shouldn't delay anything. I would certainly hope they aren't being used that way.

IGN: Lionhart 413,774,479 GL | 254,837,147 JP
7 points · 1 month ago

This. The key word is "concurrent" instead of replacement.

Fryevia | 403 712 326

I had 0 zyrus during the last bahamut raid

I now have 3 waiting in my inventory

Awww yiss

May 11th. Minute one A hyped-to-the-tits playerbase logs in....

May 14th. "We apologise for the 79 hour extended maintenance. Please accept a free expansion voucher and a king gil snapper"

(... kidding, obviously ...)

Many thanks for this, Elytra. Your work is much appreciated. You know that some on here will form their own Chamber of the Indignant when the much anticipated new thing turns out to be the wrong much anticipated new thing, but I'm sure the majority will be happy.

(At least the announcement and date weren't both a week earlier. We've been spared a lot of "May the 4th be with you" bollocks.)

Doomerang inc.
8 points · 1 month ago

it'll be sephiroth banner with step up.

I’ll be 23 in May 11th! :D

Not enough cats
Original Poster16 points · 1 month ago

Happy Birthday in advance! :)

never enough!
10 points · 1 month ago

so, u are the one everyone has been waiting for??? :D:D

2 more replies

May 11th is my birthday too, but I’ll be considerably older. Anyways happy birthday to both of us!

5 more replies

Cat girl says meow 🐱
14 points · 1 month ago

My prediction: We finally get rid of the fb login!!!

That would be awesome. Only reason i still have FB is FFBE.

Without FB we will all be playing FE, doesn't the name stand for Final Facebook Edition

me love TDH
10 points · 1 month ago

Something that everyone's been waiting for will be released on May 11th.

I'm not waiting for CG Lid btw....

Sephiroth or riot!

7 points · 1 month ago

Sephiroth?!

The most important thing for me right now would be an alternate sign-on method than Facebook. I have wanted to delete my facebook account for a while and even more so recently. This game is one of the only things keeping it active...at some point that might change. I'd like to be able to keep playing even if I decide to close my FB account.

As someone who didn't have the game when the Bahamut Raid first came around, I'd like to give my thanks for the repeat events. That being said, I can see why some people were disappointed - probably the best approach would be to pair up old events alongside new ones, to give newer and older players something new at the same time.

Also, consider some balance patches. Tweaks to make Magic more viable and to fix the Fixed Dice might be beneficial for the game in the long run.

I know it's already been said, but BIG THANK YOU for posting something like this. Even without concrete assurance of what the future holds, feeling like someone cares about our opinion really helps..

As a side note, I'm not the oldest player- Just started at Christmas. So SOME of these re-runs have been enjoyable to me. This current March on Garuda event has been nice to fill out some "free" TMRs from my sorely lacking inventory.

Some of the time limited Gear from earlier events would be awesome to get another chance at (Carbon Bangle for my shiny new Liquid Metal Slime, etc.) Though.. I should say, the desire to get strong enough to face some of the content the Veterans take on has been much more of a driving force.

Again, appreciate you stopping by and posting!

Not enough cats
Original Poster7 points · 1 month ago

Ah, this is really helpful for me to know! Thank you for commenting. :)

16 points · 1 month ago

u/elytraxp I think veteran players don't mind so much a rerun if not for the fact that this is 2nd month in a row we got 4 weeks of raid. I prefer if there is rerun, then it is either King Mog or Exploration, so I don't have to feel like I'm forced to redo. And once again, please try not to do back-to-back raid.

15 points · 1 month ago

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I run kind mogs only enough to get the bare minimum of stuff outta his shop and never touch it again. King mog is my most hated type of events that they run.

There could be raids every week and I wouldn't mind. It's literally free exp (and Gil if you have enhanced xon). Not to mention moogles, cactuars, Gil snappers, and a chance at a 4* ticket.

For the Gravy!
8 points · 1 month ago

King mog is my most hated type of events that they run.

For me, the order of preference is, from most liked to least liked:

• Raid

• King Mog

• Story Event

Story events are just so godsdamned droll and time-consuming, I haven't actually finished one completely in ages, I just can't be bothered to. They take way too much time and effort, which I can't really afford to spend on the game when I'm at work, and which I don't spend on the game once I'm home because then I'm online with my buds.

4 more replies

Fryevia | 403 712 326
12 points · 1 month ago

No. I want more raids. Make raids permanent. Free money and exp and whatever random stuff the raid gacha spits out is always welcome.

7 more replies

I honestly don’t mind a rerun because it’s a good thing for new players, and we used to have a week a « nothing special to do » in the rotation.

But for my sanity and maybe others please, avoid 4 weeks of raid this is exhausting, put something between 2 raids.

That’s good to know about 11th May I can’t wait to see it!

Oh and please really consider either Nightmare difficulty and free rerun of cleared Trials pleaaaase ;)

Blitzball till I fall
3 points · 1 month ago

Thank you for the communication and the heads up, but I’ve learned not to get my hopes up regarding this game. I’m pretty dissatisfied with the direction that GL is heading down. The reasoning behind some of these decisions just don’t make any sense to me.

I’m hoping that Gumi can snap back to reality and provide us with an experience that satisfies both veterans and new players alike, because it is most certainly possible to do both.

I have some suggestions if you would take them into consideration. I've been playing for a long while, but frankly It's getting awfully repetitive and very easy. So here they are

1- Regarding farming events, I understand that you must not scare off the beginners, but you must also not bore the veteran. As such, let there be a super-hard energy-consuming difficulty that is slighty more rewarding than an easier energy-saving difficulty. That way we can fight maybe once or twice, a very stimulating battle without tiring of them.

2-Spend some time on the fodder, add some depth into them, make it rewarding to beat them. I sick of spamming Full Speed Bladeblitz.

3-Make some events/modes where only 4* or 3* are allowed, they've absolutely no use of have rarer units and it would be good for beginners too, not that it should be easy.

4- Add hard mode to the story, with suitable rewards of course. We would love to re-experience the first season without otko-ing everything in our way.

I hope you guys at least take them into consideration if not implement them.

The ability to use X raid orbs in a single run and get X rewards would be awesome. Same with king mog events, lgd would cost 40X let's say x=3 it would use 120 energy and get x3 rewards, it would save a lot of time.

winning is subjective
4 points · 1 month ago

May 11th = arena updates? Should be anytime soon right?

20 points · 1 month ago

7⭐️, early Sephiroth, Omega trial, Reload button, Alhena trial. Calling it now.

19 points · 1 month ago

A little early still for 7* don't you think? I'm calling cg lid.

7 points · 1 month ago

CG Lid is the obvious banner. "Something that we have been waiting for". Most probably a QoL improvement or a hyped banner or return collab.

My reality is mine alone
3 points · 1 month ago

May 11 will be next week Friday and incoming story event round after raid and mog king event, CG lid is the obvious banner (finger crossed).

RIP sephiroth, 7stars, nier return and xenogears collaboration. And also doubt QoL improvement coz they just release new version this week and QoL improvement come with new versions. Hope they bring hype bundles.

3 more replies

You've activated my trap card! (198,162,240)
8 points · 1 month ago

I'm thinking CG Lid, Reload button (the thing people have been waiting for), probably a trial, and some GLEX feature (the thing she has to be vague about). maybe it'll be the tower of trials that they april-foolsed

2 more replies

Old events are fine, but can you guys add a few new items to the old events?

This would please old and new players.

Just a suggestion, but it would really solve the main issue imo.

All hail the queen.
3 points · 1 month ago

Super excited for May 11th now!!

I may never have you, but you can at least be my flair
3 points · 1 month ago

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! I wasn't particularly disappointed as I got another chance at free TMRs for units I acquired since the last event, especially since we're getting awesome rewards this month and the anniversary is coming up, but it's nice to know something even cooler is on the horizon. :)

3 points · 1 month ago

I know it's not coming, but Gabranth would be nice.

I hope this is something good, no real reason to spend money unless we get harder content, more money spent means a better game for everyone! Please I want to give you guys my money

3 points · 1 month ago

May 11th if my birthday. This makes me even more excited!!

Sorry for my poor English - I am hoarding for Cloud AC version
3 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

QYou say that the FFBE team is feared of scaring the new players if they give hard challenges to the veteran players.

I need to say that it could be the opposite too, the veteran players could leave the game if they don't have hard battles to use their best units and TMRs.

So, I think that it could be a good idea to make some warnings for the new players. Recently they put stars on all trials to mark how hard are they, that is fine. They could send a message to all players who will try to do a trial, saying something like "trials are the hardest content of this game. If you can beat them, come again after getting better units or equipment, kupo!". I played some gatchas and I think that a little message like that could be useful for new players.

I really hope to get hard content. Gumi needs to know that we kmow everything from the Japanese version, so they should give a nightmare difficult to all trials. It will be a great way to give us challenging battles without doing a great effort (making a boss from zero would be harder and would take more time from them).

Finally, they don't need to be feared of making another Malboro case. I think that the vastly majority of players changed their mind about that boss and now they like it. It is fine to get content that we can't best the first day (peopled complained for that reason).

3 points · 1 month ago

As someone who recently got reberta but never had her moogles, I'm happy for the re run

Who has been a good Marquis?
3 points · 1 month ago

Oh, thanks for the hype and for your doing such a good job /u/elytraxp !!

This is so nice to have some official communication. Thanks :)

Something that everyone's been waiting for will be released on May 11th.

I have no idea why I keep hyping myself that it is a Chrono Trigger collab. That said, repeat events are great for newbies and returning players.

2 points · 1 month ago

I wish, but the nightmare that is copyrights makes that almost impossible, unless they have been working pretty hard in the background, even then, it would be JP first for sure

1 more reply

You've got to be crazy...
3 points · 1 month ago

The raid came to me as a pleasant surprise, actually. I know people are bummed and that they feel that they have nothing left to do in this raid, but for some, me included (of course), have only obtained the units, mainly Reberta and Zyrus on a later date. This actually came as another chance to stock Cactuars and Gil snappers so, people, don't get mad at the team, especially when they give such a nice feedback and actually speak to the playerbase.

Something that everyone's been waiting for will be released on May 11th.
the return of the daily item being sold for gil in the store?

IGN: Aran | I love the QQ tears of downvote fairies |
2 points · 1 month ago

I'd rather have the Cactus bundle that they're selling now.

ID: 040,552,244
3 points · 1 month ago

Thanks for the update Elytra! I think the issue is 2 raids in a row, atleast for me. I don't mind repeat events once in a while for people that missed them.

May 11 is a different login option!! Thats my guess atleast lol :P

My fingers are crossed for Sephiroth banner soon-ish and hopefully this month!! Been saving hardcore for a while on his banner ;)

/u/elytraxp thanks for everything you do for the FFBE community, you rock!!

1 more reply

Not that I want to wish my life away, but darn, I can't wait for May 11th to see what it is!

It’s CG Lid !!! No big woop ...... I hope your on a wind up!!

4 more replies

Oh Jake...I lov...I mean..grrr *Smack* ...."Im sorry...Jake...he
3 points · 1 month ago

thank you for the communication it is appreciated...my two cents would be release the back trials faster. Maybe even buff the difficulty and the rewards.

3 points · 1 month ago

I'm grateful for the return of the Bahamut raid! Even if I don't need these anymore, it's free stuff, and while the equipment is lacking by today's level of power creep, this and the Garuda raid earlier has really helped my friends, newer players, get a big boost in terms of units, abilities, materials, weapons, gil... So thank you! Easier events like these is what got my friends playing again, instead of a limited time event that would have been impossible for them to finish.

215,273,036
3 points · 1 month ago

I don't even mind the re-run of the Bahamut raid. I just wish there was some changes to the Moogles that we got. Instead of Firion and Kain, why not make it more Dragoon themed?

Keep Reberta and Zyrus, but could have added Duke's TMR moogle, and also the Wind and Ice Spear TMRs that are also from Dragoon units.

Always Terra
7 points · 1 month ago

Honestly, i'm totally ok with having repeat events for newer players. I'm just semi-privately hoping that the tmr moogles will be adjusted so that they match the 5*s onbthe type banners, instead of being the same as the first event only.

To be fair, reberta is on the banner.

Need Fry Friends | 495,810,040
2 points · 1 month ago

I'm happy for the rerun as I was on a break last time it appeared and never got around to getting my Draco Spike. Bit of a boost for my existing mage rods so I picked it up today. Will pick up my Reberta TMR when she comes back from expedition.

3 more replies

I’ve been disappointed a bit with the game a few times in the last year, but I really think your hard work has been a big part of it improving lately. More trials would still be nice, but I know they’re coming. Thanks again for your mostly thankless efforts and great communication. Very appreciated.

Not enough cats
Original Poster4 points · 1 month ago

You're very welcome!

4 points · 1 month ago

Things to Look Forward to

From http://goedhartvoordieren.nl/?page=r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8dl5j4/some_updates_and_reminders_from_your_cm/ two weeks ago, i'm guessing it's related to the May 11th Hype

Not enough cats
Original Poster3 points · 1 month ago

These are unrelated.

4 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Thank you /u/elytraxp for your info. When you talk about good bundles, do you mean $ bundles or lapis? because a good bundle in $ ca does not exist. You should leave the choice to the player while leaving them available to any type of player (free to play or not). As on the Japanese version where 99% of the bundles are buyable in lapis! I do not find that very correct. Then there's a whole topic that talks about the boredom of a player, and I'd like an official answer at this level: Why do trials come late without difficulty and why with so much difference? At the beginning of FFBE I believed in a real game, it was this for a year, now it became a draw only game, which made the appeal of the game disappeared: the trials .... (this is a google trad, i'm french, sorry )

I really appreciate what Gumi has done for us players. You have seriously come a long way as developers and I dont think we are nearly appreciative enough of what you all do. We have really awesome exclusive content. We have been listened to as players, despite how many like to complain. I would like to throw you all some compliments for what you do for us. And thanks for the AMAZING may login rewards! I hope my 5* ticket has Roberta finally lol, she still eludes me.

6 points · 1 month ago

The "scaring off new players" thing is baffling to me. That's some nonsense when it comes to splitting up a joke of a trial with the White Dragon/Brach/Chimera. It's also no excuse to be a good 4+ months behind schedule on trials and making it even worse.

It's time to start catching us up. Release Brach/Chimera and speed up it to every 2 weeks until we're caught up instead of once a month.

I don't see how on earth you think that "scares off" new players. You're just driving away older ones with nonsensical behavior like splitting up trials and even going two months in between them like back a couple months ago.

1 more reply

Nice, thanks for the info - let the wild speculation begin :p

4 points · 1 month ago

CG Lid and Reberta enhancement will come next week :))

Working in the gaming industry myself, I understand your position that you cannot divulge certain information. All part of the NDA and what information can't be released.

However, I raise my hat to SquareEnix/Gumi to allow you to be out Community Liaison/Manager and to let you speak regularly with the community and drop some reassuring comments. Trust me, in my company, the communication is extremely lacking with our community manager.

Always a pleasure to see you hard at work. Keep at it.

5 points · 1 month ago

You’re the reason I buy all the bundles without a second thought. The communication just helps so much. Thank you!!

1 more reply

Hey! While it's obvious we all appreciate you responding with anything approaching an actual directed thing, I'm sorry to say it but this isn't sufficient. I also acknowledge that you're just the messenger, and this isn't at all your fault.

One thing to add: Yes, we get you don't have all the answers. Gumi has to do a significantly better job of communicating fully, which you aren't given the means to do. They need to do a state of the game, Destiny 2 style view of the next month.

2018 has been awful for anyone who's played the game more than 6 months. Yeah, yeah, I know people are going to say they don't have all the units or whatever, but it's less about that and more about the fact that the game is stalling for basically no reason - translation and activation of new trials isn't easy but it's certainly not hard to do for a game that makes an absolute crap-ton on its customers.

In less than a month we've been treated to TWO type summons - 4/20 to 4/27 and the latest one that started today. These are low-effort, high-revenue for Gumi - they could EASILY exist in concert with a new banner, but the feeling I'm guessing is that they'd rather capitalize on new users' FOMO and not have that eat into their revenues for a new banner.

We're deliberately having trials held back - how are we only on Chamber of Arms 2? Why didn't we get all 3 Ultimate forms? At this point we should at the very least be up to 3 and have the Iron Giant trial.

Then there's the whole supercite situation - one expedition a day, 12 hours. C'mon guys.

The thing that everyone's been waiting for should be Medina, but will likely be CG Lid and a reload button.

There's a comment about "impossibly high expectations" - I don't think that's really a fair comment to the community at large. It's a gacha game - imagining they'll keep up the pace of units we already know to exist that won't break the game isn't unrealistic or impossible, nor is it unreasonable to expect.

If they wanna inject this game with some life, they'll start doing a trial a week, start step-up banners (no idea why they don't already, it's almost guaranteed revenue) and start pushing banners earlier. Probably the biggest issue Gumi has is Alim - JP is a constant reminder that this game can be regularly updated and given life.

Note that JP constantly has banners that feature certain old units along with new banners.

Getting a rerun of Vision of Bahamut is pretty sad.

Do you think it was the leak? I think it was the leak. They got worried that people would ignore banners to hit up next week's banner. Now they've happily knocked everyone's clock off.

My point is, it feels like Gumi's coasting. I used to get really, really excited for Wednesdays (sometimes Tuesdays!) for updates. Yes, I know I'm salty as the sea. But I've been playing a while, and I'm disappointed.

Probably an argument someone will bring is that "the game isn't just for me." True! Absolutely true. This current experience isn't ideal for anyone, except perhaps very new players. I'm happy that others are happy, if they are, but the state of the game right now is really bad. For whales, for f2p, for anyone.

Like I said: calling that it's gonna be CG Lid, and probably if we're "lucky" Trial 3 and some sort of banal QOL thing. There's no reason at all they can't have already introduced cactuar fusing, the reload button, and other things from JP. This is a successful Gacha game, they have the money and resources to do this.

Blitzball till I fall
4 points · 1 month ago

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm really hoping for a turnaround from Gumi because I've been disappointed in the current state of the game for a while, but I still love the game as a year and six month old player and wishing that they snap back to reality.

C'mon, I really want you Shera :c
5 points · 1 month ago

/u/elytraxp , I don't feel like you have to apologize for the odd reruns. The community already knows it's probably to stall a bit for the massive game changer that is incoming in a few months (7 star for anyone that is unsure). I'm glad that you are communicating with us already and I couldn't ask for a better CM! I will look forward to May 11th though! Hype has been build! :D

2 more replies

Let bygones by bygones...
2 points · 1 month ago

Thank you for reaching out. It is really nice for a small update! I hope your travels went well =]

Selling my soul for Nichol; DM if interested
2 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

I have complete faith in ya, u/elytraxp! Not just because you're kind of our only window in, but because you certainly do not dissapoint! :D

May 11 Hype!!!

I’m new to the game so I’m excited either way. Thank you for the update!

A2 RIP Olive

thanks for the encouragement Ely. /hug

Just waiting for him to appear
2 points · 1 month ago

Always good to get some info/reassurances from a official source. Regarding 5/11, I expect a summoning banner that people have been hoping for since the 5 star hybrid/magic banner ends then. You all have been releasing pretty good bundles lately. Just try to keep them to the same standards and you shouldn't have too many complaints. Being vague regarding new stuff is part of the job, hopefully most understand it just a rule of the job. Thanks for all you do.

2 points · 1 month ago

Thanks for the post! As a veteran player i was a tad depressed at this weeks’ event and summons. All these recent great bundles and nothing to spend them on. We’ll be holding you to tour May 11th statement!

never enough!
2 points · 1 month ago

totally appreciate your post and also the good intention to balance the game....but surely, gimu doesn't need to hold back the other two reborn trials supposed to be released with frozen dragon :)

When bad guys trouble you, call DW

Nooo... I'm not ready for Sephiroth yet. I need more time to save lapis

Man. I would give my testicles to have feedback like this on Dokkan Battle.

2 points · 1 month ago

This is greatly appreciated.

No one cared who I was until I put on the helmet.

something everybody's been waiting for is coming on May 11th

I'm having doubts on summoning on that FFBE Batch 2 banner now.

Thanks for the update.

Croudo-kun
2 points · 1 month ago

it's either another collab, or a update with new things like 7 stars and STMRS maybe some QoL and new content. I don't think it's gonna be sephiroth just yet, it could be not impossible but its just a random time to drop it.

GL162//JP147
2 points · 1 month ago

I'm having doubts on summoning on that FFBE Batch 2 banner now.

Unless you already have 1-2 Trance Terra, I'd say go for it.

My Little Sakura: Flat is Justice
2 points · 1 month ago

Even as someone who wasn't around for the first raid, this one is disappointing. You giys didn't raise the gil rewards to what we normally get.

Nobody knows men like Fran does.
2 points · 1 month ago

I always appreciate reruns of any content I missed.

ezpz
2 points · 1 month ago

Something that everyone's been waiting for will be released on May 11th.

Finally, the long-awaited Mortal Kombat collab.

GL 150 - JP 140
2 points · 1 month ago

please fix Ramza Song that breaks if an ally is KO and revived or if an enemy launch dispel or stat attack (like new Dragonlord's Challenge). make the song reapplying each turn

• Expeditions updates.

• Reload button.

• Cactuar fusing.

• new trial content.

• new story content.

• reberta/OK enhancements (the most expected ones atm i guess).

• seven star updates.

• training of the soul events for CG units.

this unfortunatly are quality of life or updates and go live at end of maintenance, so we can assume this is not hapening.

• 5 star garanteed type banners.

• step up banners.

• Sephirot/Lila banner.

• weapon enhancement event.

• Nier event. (god forbit it... ppl hype about this one more than ####)

the "expected" event is probably from this list, CG units are deliberatly ignored as no one is really waiting for those more than sephirot/lila and we know they are the next ones to be released so no suprprise when they are released anyway. and ignored any colab/raid/story event as those are obvious to be released with each respective banner and the colabs cant be predicted in global as we may get diferent ones (i think bravelly default is next in line if we get a colab), but the possibility for a second Nier event is very open since ppl are asking for it the moment the first one ended...

bAe2
2 points · 1 month ago

Surely too early for 7*s... First step-up banner I'm guessing.

*bows*
2 points · 1 month ago

I think we can pretty much narrow this down for a few things that could be coming.

The most likely in my opinion is that we will be getting our first Step Up banner on the CG Lid banner. It's just what would make the most sense.

Things like:

Reload Button

Cactuar Fusing

Additional Unit/Enhancement space (Like JP just got).

All of those would happen on May 10th (This is of course assuming that they don't delay Maintenance in order to keep us guessing. Which would also be a scary thing to release something that is new to the Global game on the same day as a banner release).

Regardless of all this, it should at least be steps in the right direction.

Just don't be surprised if it's not what you want ;)

Is there any reason why the JP version has repeat events to accompany new events while GL just replaces new events with repeat, instead of having them both at the same time? I feel like GL content is getting pushed back by all these filler arcs. x.x

One Punch, Man.
2 points · 1 month ago

Whatever happened to the 15,000 gil daily bundle? It disappeared out of the blue one day, and all I got from the support team when I asked them was a standard stock response.

Kingdom Hearts collab???

I know its most definitely not, but one can hope.... and id probably break my f2p status for it lol

Mystic Quest banner please!
2 points · 1 month ago

Communication like this with the community really creates anticipation from the players and, most importantly, trust in the developer. I know you guys make update videos, but I honestly doubt many people watch them; I just look for a Reddit or forum thread breaking it down. Dialogues on websites like Reddit with your players is something that, as a long-time player, I really value! So thanks for this!

Im pretty sure its going to be Reberta enhacements and maybe a CG Lid.

@Elytra

I think it's super important that all the events get rerun.

I would really like Gumi to make a system to make it much easier to access old events (ones long out of date). Because there's no reason to not enable collectors to get all the items.

People are complaining about a re-run of a raid - but it's optional - they can just not do it. Assuming this doesn't delay another raid - I think people should get used to raids being constant so that the old ones can be redone.

But please, give us 10 orbs already :P

3 more replies

Thank you for the update!! I'm personally fine with the raid rerun, as with any other source of king stat pots :)

If you want to recycle old, please provide us the event which have Kiyomori katana. I missed it.

322 more replies

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is a free-to-play role-playing game developed by Alim and published by Square Enix for iOS and Android devices.

User Flair Notice

Custom flair icons are not available on the reddit redesign at this point.

Flairs can still be set: Here.

r/FFBraveExvius Rules