Rule 1. Relevancy
This subreddit is for content and discussion about Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Submissions must relate to, or directly affect CS:GO or its community, regardless of title.
Rule 2. Quality
Low-value submissions that may detract from meaningful discussion are not allowed, e.g:
- Generic images of personal scoreboards, streams, rag dolls, chat dialogs, etc.
- Submissions must be in English, or provide an accurate translation
- Duplicate and repetitive threads that could be posted as comments on other threads
- Memes (e.g. image macros, "One-liner" jokes)
- Edits of unrelated media
- Unconstructive rants, sob stories, banter, and arguments
Rule 3. Support
Discussion involving modification of the game and its settings is allowed. Individual issues relating to hardware/peripherals (e.g. fps loss, latency/ping, crashes) or 3rd party services are not allowed, use appropriate support pages/subreddits for help.
You should contact Steam Support if you have any personal issues that would require extensive troubleshooting. (e.g. Game bans, trade issues, scams). Please check http://steamstat.us before posting about issues with Steam servers or services.
Rule 4. Exploits and Bugs
Do not post about exploits or major bugs that could adversely affect or ruin the game experience for others.
Send steps on how to reproduce the bug or exploit directly to Valve at CSGOTeamFeedback@valvesoftware.com, alternatively you can report bugs on Valve's GitHub page https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-osx-linux/. Be sure to follow the guidelines on reporting an issue.
Rule 5. Trading, Betting and Giveaways
General discussion about trading, betting or gambling and their relation to CS:GO is allowed.
The following are not allowed:
- Trade offers
- Item pricing
- Showcasing winnings (case openings, items, bets, trade-ups)
- Trading, betting or gambling advice/analysis
The following are not allowed unless you get explicit permission from the moderators:
- Giveaways and raffles
- Asking for items or games, no matter the reason
- Asking for donations and posts related to charity
- Referral links
Rule 6. Scamming and Cheating
Do not post about cheating. Specifically:
- Posting gameplay or profiles of alleged cheaters
- Discussing cheats in technical detail
- Linking to cheat related websites or naming them publicly
- Reporting cheats
If you have information about a cheat please contact Valve's VAC team here.
Rule 7. Accusations and Witch-hunts
Accusations, discussions, or calls to action of anyone accused of the following are not allowed:
- Match fixing
- View botting
If the accused is a professional/sufficiently famous player you should contact authorities and Valve via twitter or email. News of professional/sufficiently famous players being banned (e.g. VAC ban, League ban) is allowed.
Rule 8. Advertising
Selling, buying or promoting products and services that cost or reward money or digital items is not allowed (e.g. art, tickets, gambling). Guidelines for tournaments.
Promoting your content is fine so long as it's not spammed multiple times in a short period of time and it's not all you submit. Reddit's self-promotion guidelines are enforced.
Workshop item submissions must use a direct workshop link.
Rule 9. Abuse and Poor Behaviour
The following are not allowed:
- Personal attacks and hateful language
- Posting others personal information without consent. (a.k.a. Doxing)
- Impersonating other users
- Vote manipulation. This includes "I'll do x at y upvotes", "rate up my workshop skin, etc"
- Trolling, baiting or inciting users (i.e. tricking other users, antagonizing etc)
- Offering or requesting griefing services (Boosting, deranking, etc)
- Calls to action