Hunt Down The Freeman Official Discord server raided and deleted

YOU FUCKED UP MY DISCORD

I can't drive an automatic.

Only squeals I want: HL3 and Incredibles 2 CONFIRMED10 points · 4 months ago

I don't know if that's a line from HDTF (never played it, only seen some scenes), but how the fuck can't you drive automatic? It's fucking easy compared to manual. I know this sounds like gate keeping, but if you can't drive automatic, how can you drive? Manual is just automatic with extra steps.

Yes but then there's the one pedal to handle / measure your strength.

Only squeals I want: HL3 and Incredibles 2 CONFIRMED2 points · 4 months ago

It doesn't take much work to see how that works though.

My fine motor control fails for split seconds. It's a side effect of medications for my epilepsy. Like sometimes I will drop a glass or something. But I'm able to drive with a clutch because I don't completely lose control of the wheel and I'm usually pumping at the bottom of what the gear number lets me.

Only squeals I want: HL3 and Incredibles 2 CONFIRMED1 point · 4 months ago

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking it was a line from the game or something.

Nobody would download a car. But everybody downloads drivers - you should try that.

Awww! Where shall my shitpost go now?

Hey, catch me later - I'll buy you a beer!3 points · 4 months ago

HDTF Discussion page

Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous memes44 points · 4 months ago

Damn, Hunt Down the Discord looks really fuckin' cool. Keep up the awesome work, send me a download link when it's ready

host_timescale 509 points · 4 months ago

I'll be willing to donate a large sum of 5$ to the project to help it reach it's goal!

and then try to scam people for it back COUGH COUGH

Original Poster101 points · 4 months ago

I say "raided" but technically it wasn't really a raid. It was just a few moderators going havoc and deleting all the channels.

The last thing we need in here is even more clickbait post titles.

Also, what was the point of taking down the server anyway? What is it going to achieve?

I don't think I understand the raiding thing. What's involved in that? Doxxing? DDoS?

Original Poster42 points · 4 months ago

Well, witnessing it, there were users who had moderator permissions and went rouge and deleted basically all the channels. No doxxing or DDoSing was involved, it was just bad decisions of choosing staff members

*rogue

no they were actually all red

lol misclick

The source community is the most mature and admirable of them all.

Farewell Gordon0 points · 4 months ago

X D

OOF

Freemance!12 points · 4 months ago

WhErE iS tHe FreEmAn?

Sweddy25 points · 4 months ago

I agree that the server should have been deleted, but raiding it is just childish.

-46 points · 4 months ago(9 children)
Sweddy40 points · 4 months ago

There's a difference between memeing about something, and raiding.

-50 points · 4 months ago(0 children)
Sweddy24 points · 4 months ago

Please, explain that logic to me.

he doesnt like HDTF memes, therefore, no one should like them.

Sweddy16 points · 4 months ago

sounds about right

I have learned to ignore such naysayers.6 points · 4 months ago

He's notorious for crying for mama when someone posts about HDTF here. He's like that HangingHillary3333 user on here, but not trolling.

Sweddy4 points · 4 months ago

RIP this man's comment karma.

Half this sub is tired of the memes...

So destroying a place where people hang out virtually & friends interact is better than making memes about a shitty video game?

ok

edit: I mean I get leddit forces memes all the time but memeing is objectively better morally than raiding a server.

Yours in infinite finality4 points · 4 months ago

Just let it be. Whatever happens, let it be. Don't go nuts. Don't drag yourselves down with this crap.

the discord SUCKS go to BED

As much as I despise the game, this is kinda shitty. But it was their own moderators so, bleh.

Making terrible hammer maps since 20122 points · 4 months ago

I'm suprised the server even lasted this long without something happening to it

"SHIT! 300 bugs!"2 points · 4 months ago

The Rebels defeat the Combine Overwatch(202X, colorized)

Hey, catch me later - I'll buy you a beer!2 points · 4 months ago

Thank god now lets hope someone does something to get the game removed from Steam

W

make the adventures of john freeman canon1 point · 4 months ago

H

info_pick_up_can1 point · 4 months ago

A

T

1 point · 4 months ago

[removed]

OverwatchModerator of r/HalfLife, speaking officially0 points · 4 months ago

Hi there, Someonenamedtailsdol! Your account is currently too new to participate in discussions in /r/HalfLife - this is a method of combating spam. If this was done in error, please message the mods. Sorry for the inconvenience!

i had to go check but its fine

Original Poster1 point · 4 months ago

News just in, turns out the discord as been reopened:

It was fun while it lasted I suppose

I'm against server raids from a moral standpoint usually, because I just think people deserve a right to do what they want, in a 'your rights end where others begins' sort of thing. doxxing isn't nice either as it's pretty common in server raids too even though it didn't happen here.

but I think this is one of the few times I'll let this slide simply because the server sucked and the guys who made HDTF were genuinely terrible people.

WHERE IS HE, WHERE IS THE DISCORD

1 point · 1 month ago

[removed]

OverwatchModerator of r/HalfLife, speaking officially1 point · 1 month ago

Hi there, Catarke! Your account is currently too new to participate in discussions in /r/HalfLife - this is a method of combating spam. If this was done in error, please message the mods. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Stop touching me1 point · 4 months ago

rekt

-5 points · 4 months ago(0 children)

r/HalfLife Rules
No spam
Submissions must be directly related to Half-Life
Do not post Let's Play videos of the vanilla games
No enabling or linking to piracy