Death of the Self (Kicking and Screaming), Digital Sculpt [OC]

This is amazing. I wish I could put a real life version on my desk.

Original Poster16 points · 1 month ago

Thanks! I have a 3D printer, but I’d have to print it pretty damn big for that detail. Might try it though.

get a rock and a chisel and get to work

This is super cool. Great idea and execution.

Original Poster7 points · 1 month ago

Thanks, appreciate it!

fucking genius

Original Poster7 points · 1 month ago

Wouldn't go that far, but thanks!

I would, you fucking genius.

Me too, fucking genius

Reminds of Metallica’s Hardwired cover artwork.

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Oh totally, I can see that.

AAAAAAAAAAA

Exalted Orb.

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Hadn’t thought of that, and I used to play a lot of PoE!

3 points · 1 month ago

Love this

This is wonderful content for this sub. May I ask for how long you are experienced in the software in order to create this?

Original Poster3 points · 1 month ago

Thanks! I've been doing 3D since about 2011, but I didn't start learning ZBrush until around 2013, I believe. I'd also say I didn't really start to learn the program seriously around 2014/15. This took probably 4-5 hours (I need to start timing myself), and I was using it to explore the new Sculptris Pro mode in Zbrush 2018 (that basically allows for adaptive detailing).

Oh man that's freaky

Hey I made a glitchart sort of remix of this I'd like to credit you on my Instagram, do you have one?

Voldemort?

Beautiful!!

2 points · 1 month ago

Fucking amazing!

I don't know why but, it made me remember a Joep Beving's album.
they kinda look alike.

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

I just looked up his music and it's really lovely stuff. I could see how it's similar to Solipsism.

This is so awesome!! Nice work

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Thanks!

It should start at the small heads and as the heads get largest they get vaguer and blurrier, almost as if a plastic bag is rising to cover the faces. Eventually we reach the last, largest face and by now the face is almost drowned behind something.

A real death of self

"Heavy" art: imagery, film, music, poetry, whatever.