Archived

Hi, I have dermatographia (the skin writing thing)! I'm taking requests to etch things into my body! AMA

[removed]

How does it affect your daily life? Your answer does not have to be written on your arm.

Original Poster3 points · 6 months ago

Well, my case isn't too bad compared to some people, but I'd say the most common day-to-day annoyance is literally being itchy. Seriously, I scratch even mildly hard and I'll have bright red marks popping up on my skin within minutes. It not only looks weird, but it also burns, so being really itchy can be very painful.

It can be fun, though. I can easily entertain people with it and/ or freak them out, so I'm honestly happy I have this!

Edit: Wording

Poop goblins to the rescue?

Hurrah

Could you write "Thanks Obama"?

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Will you draw us a cock n balls? Please?

Why not zoidberg?

AND MY AXE.

"Do you know de wey?"

Original Poster5 points · 6 months ago

Dang, OP delivered. May De Wey guide you on your journey.

Can you write 'OOF' on your wrist ?

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

That moment when imgur is banned where you currently are. ._.

Do we even have to ask? Dickbutt.

What interesting insights do you have besides being able to write on your skin? I hope this doesn't get a lot of upvotes.

How that feels?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

Well, it usually has a stinging/ burning feeling about three minutes after I write on or scratch my skin. It's not overwhelmingly painful, but it's not exactly pleasant, either.

I know someone that developed this at 16 without any prior signs or anything, how and when did you get it?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

I don't know if I can answer "how" I got it, because for all I know, I was born with it. If I had to guess around what age I realized I had it/ got it, though, I'd probably say around 14 years old?

Comment deleted6 months ago
Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago
Comment deleted6 months ago
Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Would you kindly write "Te amo" on your forearm?

Original Poster2 points · 5 months ago

Thank you for waiting so patiently!

Te amo

Oh, thank you a lot! It means "Love you" in portuguese. It made my girlfriend happy haha

Original Poster1 point · 4 months ago

That's really beautiful! I'm glad I could make someone happy :)

I also think I have dermatographia as well, but, where I scratch, it doesn't come out as defined as your and others. Do you have any other symptoms as well such as upset stomach during flare ups?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

I've never had an upset stomach after writing on myself before. The only thing that happens is usually that the marks I make feel like they're burning. And the only reason these marks are turing out so clearly is because I'm trying to write hard enough to make it clear when I take the picture (to make up for bad camera quality).

Can you please write the following? YAASSS QUEEN SLAY QUEEN ORIGINAL GAY Hehe you don't have to but my friends and I would laugh uncontrollably if you did it.

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

I can't believe I actually did this

Edit: Sorry, I know it's a really bad picture, but I tried (and mostly failed) :/

OMG, thanks so much honestly. It was really kind of you 😊

Two questions;can you put a happy face and sad face below it?Lastly can I use it for a possible album cover?

Moderator of r/IAmA, speaking officially-3 points · 6 months ago

Hello! Please note that this is a request post, not an actual AMA. Top level comments are not required to be a question on this thread. You can find out more information about request posts here.

Moderator of r/IAmA, speaking officially-4 points · 6 months ago

Users, please be wary of proof. You are welcome to ask for more proof if you find it insufficient.

OP, if you need any help, please message the mods here.

Thank you!

Upcoming AMAs

Gregory De Jans

July 23, 20187:00
Head of TomTom Maps API DevRel
July 23, 20189:00
Author and Animal Rescue Advocate
July 23, 20189:00
Actor: Beverly Hills Fabulous / Author: By The Way
July 23, 201814:00
Scientist & expert on dog behavior
July 24, 201810:00

Hepatitis C and Harm Reduction Experts

Sarah Smith

August 3, 20189:00
Candidate: Washington's 9th Congressional District
August 8, 20187:00
Highway Safety Investigator: NTSB

Rachel Houtz, Sam Witte, Josu H. G., Julia Gherlein, Andrea Caputo, Chloe Ramson

September 4, 20189:30
Young physicists studying neutrinos and dark matter
September 4, 201810:30
Researcher: YouTube Host: Content Creator: Office Oddity
r/IAmA Rules
All posts must contain proof
Topics must follow IAmA guidelines
Requests must have five questions
Requests for celebrities need contact information
Top-level comments must ask a question
Do not ask for personal favors from an OP
Do not bypass rules by adding ? to a non-question
No abusive or harassing comments
Please See Our FAQ