Woman apologizes after the flight attendant tells her she’s going to get kicked off the plane because she insulted a fellow passenger

Fuck her, your being 'stressed out' does not allow you to be an asshole to other people. She should have kicked her off to teach her a hard lesson.

Original Poster121 points · 3 months ago

Not sure if she did or not, but I read something about her being placed on leave at her job.

Yo, she’s being kicked off the plane because she threatened the job of the steward, not because she was insulting another passenger.

Original Poster12 points · 3 months ago

Fair enough.

-103 points · 3 months ago(More than 51 children)

Your reply was stupid and you should feel stupid. Threats should be taken seriously. Me paying someone for a service does not entitle me to threaten their job/livelihood.

Comment deleted3 months ago(0 children)

“You might not have a job tomorrow” is a threat. It means “I’m going to have someone remove you from your position for the way you’re persecuting me”. But words are just words, right? Why are you getting so angry if all they are are vibrations?

Words on a screen don't vibrate the air the same way. Checkmate

Still vibrations.

Comment deleted3 months ago

Yeah but words on a screen are sideways vibrations just like earthquakes which we all know can hurt people. Spoken words are upways vibrations.

Who hurt you?

He's a troll

-62 points · 3 months ago(0 children)

I think people are just more genuinely concerned for you than trying to be clever mate. You’ve got some serious deep seeded issues.

The issue is trolldom. It's terminal.

Well, you tried

that’s a lot of damage!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Someone’s mom needs to put them down for a nap, babies get so cranky when they’re on low sleep

Wow you sound like a shit person. I hope I don't offend or hurt you, because these aren't even vibrations in the air, but it's sad that you simply have no empathy for anyone anymore. Tell me, when you go on reddit with your sad husk of a life and leave a comment, what are you trying to achieve? No one gives a fuck what you say and it shouldn't be any reason for pain. It's just words after all. In a steel tube that's about to be thousands of feet in the air. That's capable of taking down skyscrapers.

But you know, it's just talk.

Not that I agree with him, but you're flat-out wrong. He's obviously empathizing with the person kicked off the plane more than the steward.

You have to be pretty willfully ignorant or just plain ol' retarded not to see.

No. I read it more as a totally selfish standpoint tbh.

I very much took it as him taking the stance that he should be able to say whatever he wants, regardless of how many people he is annoying or threatening, and that somebody should be fired from their job for telling him his behaviour is not welcome and that he needs to leave. He is completely selfish. Nothing more.

if words are just words, go on twitter and make a public threat against the president. tell me when you do it so i can watch the news feeds.

-5 points · 3 months ago(0 children)

no legal standing for her to be removed from the flight

you're right, there's nowhere in US law that says you can't threaten someone's job and harrass other customers of a business.

however,

in case you didn't notice, that's a plane. that plane belongs to a business. that business is allowed to have tighter rules of personal conduct than the federal government.

most commercial flight businesses leave it up to the staff's discretion whether or not to kick people off of a plane for harassing customers and staff.

i'm a security guard. i can kick someone out of my building for simply being asked to by an employee. business owners can refuse service for whatever they want. a manager can bolo someone from their shop for merely insulting an employee.

you would lose that lawsuit hard bucko. keep rollin.

Hey, lvl3BattleCat, just a quick heads-up:
harrass is actually spelled harass. You can remember it by one r, two s’s.
Have a nice day!

The parent commenter can reply with 'delete' to delete this comment.

good bot

You're a fucking retard. That's a threat.

No it's not.

Damn, I thought I was stupid....

If there's one small bit of solace I find in this crazy world, it's that nobody will ever take your idiotic, horibble ideas seriously. Go back to incels.

Look how many downvotes you have.

This sub is the perfect place to write such a comment.

You seem like a person the world could do without

Edit: lol you wanna fight other redditors irl, man you really must be insecure

-9 points · 3 months ago(0 children)

You've never been on a plane clearly. Once you start making problems, they WILL remove you. No sense in having am unstable asshole thousands of feet up in the air trapped in a hunk of metal.

In a plane, during a flight, you betcha. No one should have to put with this crap.

I WISH they were! Be a damn good way to do some long-distance douchebag sniping.

Thing is though, they're only "weapons" if you take people's bullshit. I can say whatever I want whenever I want to whoever I want, and anyone who's got a problem with it can get physical or shut the fuck up. I'm so sick of people thinking they can control how others think or speak. Fuck you motherfucker, MY country was BUILT on free speech and it's my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. Idgaf about your pussy ass feelings, or whether you're too much of a spineless cunt to hear opinions you disagree with. The sole reason these people fall under the DELUSION that they have any goddam control over anyone's speech is because people LET them do it. They issue public apologies and bow down like they've done some horrible crime. America: STOP BEING A BUNCH OF LITTLE BITCHES AND TAKE YOUR FREEDOM BACK.

Hey, when's the last time you talked to someone in person?

Did you talk to them like this?

When's the last time you talked to someone in person like this?

Good god, I wonder what you need to compensate for so badly. Poor fucker.

Compensating for the stupidity of worthless cunts, which consists of 99% of so-called "human-beings." Got a problem with it? Yes? Good. Shut the fuck up and allow me to continue not giving a flying blue fuck what you think or have to say.

For someone to not care what others think, you sure do have a lot to say on what others say to you. And that you always have to have the last word. You seem to be way too upset for someone that doesn’t give a shit about others’ meaningless air vibrations. I think you should suck the air vibrations out of my ass, how do you feel about that? No wonder you got so many downvotes. You need to get laid or something. (inb4 “I get more pussy than you, all you do is jerk off, rant rant rage, etc.)

Comment deleted3 months ago

Oh, I see how little of a fuck you give by the way you keep going on.

I have no problem at all, you just keep me entertained.

Implying to be top 1% of self proclaimed “worthless cunts” that make up humanity; r/iamverysmart Lil bit of r/iamverybadass material in the thread as well, we’ll see how much karma I can rake up there as well

The fuck are you talking about asshole? I NEVER EVER ONCE proclaimed to be in the minority. The minority 1% consists of individuals like Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Jordan Peterson, not lowly commoners like myself.

I’ve got a problem with it and am happy to get physical, where shall we meet?

Private message me if you got the brass, cunt.

Comment deleted3 months ago
Comment deleted3 months ago

Been a while, inbox is empty. Where are ya' now, dickhead? Being a spineless fuck and not backing up what you say, that's where.

which person was placed on leave?

on leave temporarly, but still works there: http://nysca.org/downloads/contact/staff_list.htm

Comment deleted3 months ago(9 children)

...What?

He farts tits or something, I don't know.

I think this is a bot

Bots don't poop or have boobies.

Somebody needs to invent a boobie-bot.

-25 points · 3 months ago(0 children)

This is a sub for humans. Bots get the boot.

What ARE you?

She acts like her flying experience was ruined by a baby being loud (that wasn't being loud at all) but she is oblivious that having to tolerate her whining and screaming is significantly worse than a fussy baby.

She has literally become what she was complaining about in the first place.

She should have kicked her off to teach her a hard lesson.

Plot twist! She did!

3 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

I think Tabitha was actually the one who said "I'm stressed out."

edit: ignore me

Original Poster16 points · 3 months ago

I just watched it through a few more times and I’m pretty sure it’s the lady that says it as her excuse for her behavior. The tone and voice is consistent with the lady’s whine.

You're right, I just re-watched on desktop.

Naw, it’s the troublemaker that says that.

-8 points · 3 months ago(0 children)

Fucking classic Tabitha, don't take no shit from nobody!

Original Poster64 points · 3 months ago

yessss, Tabitha was basically like “fuck this”

That's how I envision Tabithas acting too. But to be fair the only other tabitha I know is this one.

we need more people like tabitha

What a bitch. People like her are trash, expecting those who are just doing their job to treat her like a queen. I've had customers like her in retail, "Well, I'll call corporate and tell them how I've been treated here. What's your name? I'm gonna write it down."

Hugh Mungus

Hugh Mungus wot?

My name is Hugh Mungus

Yeah, fuck Tabitha!

I love how there’s no hesitation from the flight attendant. Firm voice “I want this woman off my plane.” No bullshit, no warning. No saying, “now maam, I’m going to have to ask you to be nicer”.

This is how you deal with assholes. They should make this a training video. You see how that bitch immediately learned her place?

Yeah it's immensely satisfying seeing her instantly change from happily trying to bully and threaten somebodies job into something resembling a little child who's been told they can't have any sweets and have resorted to their last resort of pleading and begging.

Shitting on a mother with a child and threatening the job of the flight attendant. Watching her buckle so easily made my evening.

She’s the kind of person who would insult a celebrity on Twitter by saying something absolutely vile, then if they respond, starts kissing their ass. “You know I was kidding. OMG, I love you!”

They don't even have enough backbone to say that. It would be more like, "Oh I was hacked!"

Here's a write-up on the incident if anyone is interested. Like u/magino said, the bitch was put on leave for this incident.

Edit: This article has more detail as to how much of an asshole she was from the start.

Original Poster27 points · 3 months ago

Amazing! Thanks for the details. I’m glad to see that she was indeed kicked off the flight.

Thank you. Reading this helped clarify that the passenger was suspended from office. Based on the comments I assumed it was the flight attendant. I feel better now!

Did she get put off the plane though?

She got kicked off the plane, yes.

-1 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

ok, woman was a bit of a bitch there, but I wouldn't call it a career-ending mistake. I think we're punishing people out of proportion anymore.

edit: ehhh, using her position of power to threaten, maybe that does qualify...

Her actually getting kicked off the plane is my favorite part of this story. Worst case scenario is she had a five hour drive to Syracuse. She’s not stranded but will also not make this mistake again.

Am I alone in finding people who ask for and then constantly use the first name of the (waitress, hotel clerk, flight attendant, sales person, etc) utterly condescending. I know we are told in customer service training that we should because it creates a relationship, etc. But when you use it in every single sentence, it is condescending. It's the only time that I have ever heard someone use it that way. You would never hear "Why yes Mom. I would love some more peas, Mom. Could you pass the potatoes, Mom. Thank you Mom"

Man, I wish I had some of Mom's crispy potatoes right now.

Obligatory what's a potato?

The device that was used to film this video.

You lose your mom? If not go call her.

I'm going to call mine now.

I have not. The call has been made and I told her I loved her and her potatoes. I'm told more potatoes are coming my way.

Thank you, I'm seeing mine for lunch tomorrow now. :)

What a heinous woman.

Comment deleted3 months ago
Original Poster65 points · 3 months ago

She was saying that she works for the governor, which I guess means she’s entitled to choose her own seat away from a mother and her “crying baby” (who was in fact not crying).

Edit: crying instead of screaming

Typical, power tripping with somebody else's power.

I was ready to buy that maybe she was stressed out (not that it’s a good excuse). But knowing what she said, this is clearly a power trip.

-11 points · 3 months ago(More than 19 children)

It sucks for you and it sucks for parents, but it’s part of living in a society. When my first child was a baby, he took a massive dump literally as they were closing the door. Like, leaky, overwhelmingly smelly, cosmically dense, diaper-filling liquid poop, with at least twenty minutes before we’d be at an altitude where we could go to the bathroom and change him. We did a turbo-change in the seat (he was an infant-in-arms), which didn’t make us super-popular among our aisle-mates, but it was either intense stink for a minute or two or slightly-less-intense stink and uncomfortable crying for 20 minutes.

My point is, as much as it sucks to be near parents of babies, it’s doubly freaking hard being the parent, and we’re usually doing our best. You were that kid once and someone probably hated the way you impacted some experience of theirs. It’s the circle of life.

Which is why I didn’t throw a hissy fit like the lady in the video.

Sincerely, your understanding is appreciated.

Dude with all due respect, if you can't handel this, buy business or first class. You can't expect to get first class treatment in the back of the plane.

Out of everyone on that plane, who do you think has the worst flight? I can garantuee it's the parents. How do you think they feel? A whole plane looking angry at them because their children won't/can't shut up. That flight was probably their worst nightmare come true. Next time try to remember that you have the luxury to put on headphones and ignore them while the parents must work their stressed out ass off just to try and keep the kids quiet..

If you can’t handel me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my bach

if you can’t handle it just buy business or first class

Have you ever purchased a plane ticket with your own money before

Yea off course, my point is, if you want silence on a plane, go there. Otherwise just accept the fact that there will be kids who cry. In other words. Don't expect first class treatment in economy..

They did accept it, they were just moaning about it, they accepted that nothing much could be done about the situation

Worst advice ever. That's like telling someone to just be rich if they don't like a situation. Not every has a boss who will pay business class prices or to afford paying more than coach for their large family. Just give the guy some sympathy and walk away, we've all been in this situation on a plane before.

I understand, but that's my whole point, nobody except a few x% has the money for it. Including the parents with those children . So maybe we should give them some sympathy because everyone is in the same boat and has to endure the same shit. And again, I guarantee they have had a worse flight then averybody else

Im not sure. The worst flight is for those of us who chose to not have kids and never have to interact with children. I think we all have sympathy with the parents but theyre definitely more desensitized to the screaming than the rest of us. Parents with kids are going on vacation. The guy traveling for business reasons and needing rest isnt so lucky

Thing is, if you choose to go to places open to the general public, you will have to interact with children at some point. The parents are not desensitized, I can assure you.

They good voluntarily put them in the back of the plane together. Family zone.

The guy was just complaining about screaming babies. Why are you acting like he's some spoiled brat? He wasn't even defending this lady. I think everyone can agree screaming babies for multiple hours on a plane is awful.

You're right.. It must be a torture to the parents putting up with that

You could not be more wrong. The parents are adults who made the deliberate decision to have children and then allow them to scream on a crowded airplane.

Lol most parents don't "allow" their kids to scream. When they're babies you do what you can but sometimes there's no stopping them. Ear pain is no joke, hell it still gets to me and I'm 30, not sure how you expect an infant or a toddler to handle that experience as well as being confined to a cramped space that's loud and full of strangers as a perfect bundle of joy. Some kids rock it some don't. Unfortunately traveling by air is the best way for a lot of parents so we all have to suck it up. It's right up there with gassy passengers, arm rest and leg room stealers and obnoxious folks like the bitch in the article.

Also, I feel it's often lost on adults that when a child is crying. Like 1-3 year olds. In alot of circumstances that is literally the worst things to ever happen to them in their entire lives. They have no experience dealing with emotions and it's scary to top it all off.

Hope she doesn’t have a job with the government by tomorrow.

Word, word and more words used as a tool. Should have kicked her ass off.

HELL YEAH TABITHA

Shame Tabitha couldn’t have twinkled her nose and made dumb *ss apology chick transport to the tarmac. Ala Bewitched

Link to full story https://youtu.be/Q_MaOUP24M4

I don't know why people insist on pushing Tabitha's buttons, because it never ends well for them. But they keep doing it. Tabitha will show no mercy.

Too self involved to realize that people around her are probably stressed about the flight as well.

I think I've watched every YouTube video of people getting pulled off airplanes. I don't know what it is, I just really get that schadenfreude. People are stressed from traveling, it's cramped, there are all these TSA and FAA rules. It's the perfect storm.

Plot twist. Shes actually the babies mother haha.

Parents are assholes, kids are annoying.

Your parents must be assholes too since you grew up from being an annoying kid to an insufferable asshole as an adult.

-13 points · 3 months ago(0 children)

You forgot that "/s". Next time you're on a plane try telling that to a flight attendant. Report back and tell everyone how things worked out for you.

Exactly the goddam way I said it would. She'd do absolutely zero about it, or she'd be unemployed the next damn day.

Yeah tough guy. Unless you're an executive for the airline we will be reading about your domination over the flight crew and there will most likely be some video of it as well.

You don't get out much, do you?

man, you're tuff.

Hahahahahahaha are you really serious? Wow we got a bad ass over here.

Yeah I usually avoid stooping to looking at people's post history but for him I think I'll make an exception because it could be comedy gold.