all 4 comments

[–]vejer907 1 point2 points  (0 children)

United Healthcare has a hospital/doctor fixed indemnity insurance plan that is good. Premium depends on your age and the exact plan. Example for a 40 year old, in the range of $100/mo to $200/mo.

[–]uffdagalDisability/Health/Life 0 points1 point  (2 children)

Are you intending to stay in the current plan but you want to 'insure' the deductible/OOP?

[–]infinitys_7th[S] 0 points1 point  (1 child)

The minimum deductible to be eligible for an HSA is $1300.

My current plan pays 80% after $2000, with max OOP at $3,500.

I want to find a gap insurance which has a deductible >$1300 and can cover up to $3,500 and look at how the premiums line up. I'd figure it would be decently cheap, as the max they would pay a year is $2200.

[–]uffdagalDisability/Health/Life 0 points1 point  (0 children)

There is no true gap insurance to insure the deductible. You'd be better off putting away funds to cover the deductible.