Reddit Feeds

Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

LPT: if you love to zone out to a mindless, “freemium” game, but hate the nonstop ads- turn your phone to airplane mode while you play. 9/10 games- no interruptions and seem-less gameplay.

Electronics
Sort by
best (suggested)

Unless the game requires a connection to work this works 99% of the time all the time

9 points·3 days ago

I do hate games with seems.

seamless

Like you cannot see a seam.

Original Poster3 points·3 days ago

I dumb as hell, I don’t even know what this means.

A seam is where two things were joined together. Like the stitching that runs down the leg of your jeans. Seamless means there is no seam, another way of saying it's a smooth transition.

Original Poster3 points·3 days ago

I feel like what I said would’ve had so much more of an impact if I had spelled it like this.

You should not have posted this because one of the minute details is incorrect as I deem from my armchair in my mom's basement. I am self-appointed expert in this matter. Obscure minute details are very important. It must be that you are dumb and posted this by accident, whereas I, I am very smart and have hereby corrected you. Please to provide me with accolades for my being so smart, the best way to be smart is by calling another person dumb.

Original Poster1 point·3 days ago

I am dumb at best.

Your responses to the negative comments make me laugh and I will do this with people going forward. Points out the absurdity of the situation.

Yeah, but it does mean that you don't get access to online-only events, leaderboards, etc.

Original Poster2 points·3 days ago

That is correct. I’ll edit to emphasize the “mindless” part. I’m talking about games I exclusively play on my 10-15 minute “fresh-air breaks”.

Edit- don’t think I can do that edit I said I’d edit..

I think you mean offline not mindless. They are still mindless if you are connected.

I feel like i see this on here once a day at least.

Original Poster1 point·3 days ago

I’m sorry.

You can go into settings or use a VPN to disable connections directly. Means you get all of the benefits without losing connection to messages etc.

This used to work, but doesn't anymore. I think we can stop posting this tip every week.

Original Poster1 point·3 days ago

I’m sorry. I’m dumb and stupid.

Seems like another not-so-pro tip

Original Poster3 points·3 days ago

I apologize. I am dumb and thought I was smart.

Tips that improve your life in one way or another.

r/LifeProTips Rules

Do not submit troll, joke, or unnecessary tips
No tips that use a product or service as intended
No common sense tips or common courtesies
No tips about a social network or social media
Do not suggest illegal actions
NSFW content must be appropriate labeled
Do not submit tips on our Restricted Topic list
No slurs, racism, bigotry, or bad reddiquette
Posts must enhance life in a specific,tangible way