PSA Turn off your mike while in Astera

I really didn’t join the lobby to listen to you argue with your grandmother about night night time.

plarp214 points · 4 months ago

sniff

cough

loud sigh

sniff

foil bag noise

crunch crunch crunch

weird lip noises

cough

*Some terrible Euro dance music in the background *

"NO I dont wanna go to your fucking moms house, we've been there the past 3 weekends!"

If you don't cough you can't get off

29 points · 4 months ago · edited 4 months ago

Jesus this is accurate. Just add a random lone “hello?” in there

I can hear this text.

You forgot the guy sucking on his vape.

From me all youll hear is a lighter and bong rips.

Sorry

VAPE NATION

Mounter of Elders2 points · 4 months ago

Chase the clouds bro....

I was talking to my girlfriend the other night about my work schedule and realized my mic was on. For my people and the people like me: we are sorry

I did it to other day too. I got into a conversation about shopping with the Mrs haha! I’m guessing you also felt your heart sink when you saw your name in the top right xD

I sure did lol. I heard a strange burly male voice mumble something and was like aw fuck. Looked down at my controller Mic adapter to find no orange light lit up indicating my Mic was muted.

In my many hours in this game, I have yet to hear anyone use their mic except the one time someone was munching on chips and smacking their lips.

The one guy I have ever heard was breathing into the whole time he accepted my sos. Died all three times and said sorry.

At least he’s polite lol

Yeah we’ll go with that

I had to turn off voice chat the very first time I loaded into Astera because the noises were so obnoxious. It's really sad because I'd like to use in-game voice chat, it would make communicating with randos so much easier. Is there a way to have the voice chat automatically turn off in Astera but turn on for hunts so I can communicate during actual gameplay but not have to be subjected to people's creepy breathing, coughing, and awful music between quests?

Not that I know of

God's honest truth, I turned off voice on day one and until I read this I completely forgot this game supported voice chat...

Same for me. I tend to always solo content anyway unless i play with my friends so i don't even need ingame voice chat.

I've turned it off but it keeps turning it on every time I restart

Noone uses it ever

Wow what did mike ever do to you?

Original Poster36 points · 4 months ago

I think you know

XB1 GT: Belyal16 points · 4 months ago

poor Mike... Once upon a time, everyone wanted to be like Mike... Now, people are yelling to turn him off...

mikelivesmatter

BlueberryLivesMatter

What did i do wrong? :o

Didn't you read? He was arguing with his grandmother about night-night time. ;)

1 point · 4 months ago

My th0ught exactly

I'm always in party chat. But sometimes I leave and forget to mute. This one time was Taco Tuesday. Whoever was in that lobby, please accept my most sincere apologies. It's not really that bad, but I have a leather chair. It amplifies....sounds.

T'was not me, t'was the chair

Every nice in a while you get to hear something truly hilarious like a kid fighting with his brother over the ps4 or the gf of the player bitching about him being on the ps4 too much.

I got to hear the best convo between a young kid and his mom and the mom was trying to tell the kid that if he spent too much time playing video games and not outside with his friends he was going to get autism.

So ya, leave your mics on.

Going to get autism? Jeez...

Haha...our destiny group just called someones wife Omnigul...with a reason.^

It's funny when you hear someone hitting a bong. I'm like ayyyy! But yeah for real should probably be muted though.

For my people and those like me, stay high and also, sorry for leaving our mics on!

Edit: I came here to look for this comment.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one lol

Sorry

Advantages of a squad: everyone cheers when you take a toke 😁

I’ve done that before... :”)

You could mute him if he isn't muting his mikrophone

*mikerophone /s

Bug Duster9 points · 4 months ago

I'm Mike Roephone and this is Dirty Jobs

Just spit my dinner out. Thanks for this.

600+ Quests with GL2 points · 4 months ago

Oi, that's a lot of food to be spittin' out at once. You alright?

1 point · 4 months ago

I tried that, but couldn't find the option. How do I mute someone? If I go L2+R2+Pad I open the menu for voice, but I just couldn't mute.

Is this real? Oh God. The horror!

I don't think I've ever muted my mic.

Who exactly can hear me? I did t realize this game used voice chat?

People have heard me baby talk my cat? This is embarrassing as hell.

I just mute everyone.

many apologies to the 14 people in the arena quest session i was in the other night. me and these hilarious japanese girls were dancing in the gathering hub and all we knew how to say to eachother was "Japan!" "America" "kpop!" and they kept playing kpop in the background while i did the feverish dance. we probably annoyed so many people but it was the best experience ive ever had in the astera voice chat.

Original Poster7 points · 4 months ago

If Japanese girls are involved it is fine.

I want to be you.

You will listen to the inner workings of my household and you will like it.

loud yelling in french

I am such a mic-nazi. I'm not confrontational or anything but if people annoy me for a total of like 8 seconds I will mute them. I don't want to hear your TV. I don't want to hear you breathe, or the neighbors dog barking. I play games to escape from things that annoy me and that list is very long.

But then I'm like, what if they can hear me breathe, and nobody tells me and mutes me, just like I do to them? And I reexamine my life and come up with no answers to this dark abyss we meander through, directionless.

Mute button ON your mic are so useful for that reason. I always am checking if I muted myself or not. Don't want someone to hear me mumbling builds to myself.

-huge bong rip followed by coughing for 10 minutes-

1000+ hours9 points · 4 months ago

Whos mike?

Whose mic? Your mic. Who's Mike? You're Mike.

Hu's mic? Yaw mic.

Original Poster4 points · 4 months ago

I don’t know yet it’s driving me mad

-7 points · 4 months ago(4 children)
bow/lance/hh/h/cb/sa3 points · 4 months ago

actually it's "Who's", who's is "who is"; whose is possessive form of who.

WRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!7 points · 4 months ago

Whom'st've

Eye-poker2 points · 4 months ago

I hope you’re all happy, I can’t see “who” as a word anymore.

Actually the OP wrote "your mike" implying an ownership situation. But whatever, it was a bad joke, like all my jokes.

Option > Player List > Highlight annoying player and press X > Mute player...PRESTO! :3

You can do the same while on hunt when encounter annoying squeakers, immature adolescent and folks that just have loud music playing in the background to think they are a in-game walking boombox during hunt.

The only bowgunner who uses healing ammo4 points · 4 months ago

I never use VOIP in any video game. Party chat all the way.

I use in-game, but not as often unless I have to. I did one yesterday to just to warn the SOS lead that someone is AFK at camp and he taken my request and booted the AFK'er with Wildspire Bolero quest to hunt a Jyuratodus for Limited Bounty.

I do this all the time...there always seems to be one person with their mic still on. Except for that one japanese guy singing along to some songs i couldn’t understand. I left his mic on, he wasn’t half bad!

One of the worst things I ever heard over a mic was during a Raid in Destiny, we got to the boss and took a 5 minute break. One guy didn't mute his mic, so, the other 5 people heard him....pleasing himself...it lasted way too before the party realised the guy could be kicked.

The first days I was paired up with a Japanese dude watching anime and possibly hentai while his mic was on lol

Sounds hilarious if not uncomfortable.

COUGH

Lip smacking

OKAAAAYYY MOOOOM

Extremely heavy mouth breathing

When i started up the game i immediately turned off ingame voice chat anyway.

I'm close to 100 hours and this is the very first multiplayer game I've played and never heard anyone speak through a mic.

The people who care about other people already do. It’s the a-holes that want us to listen to their music or hear them on a phone call that stay off mute.

my first time playing there was a guy arguing with his girlfriend about drinking alone or together

I will let mike know

You have my axe!2 points · 4 months ago

If I'm not specifically in a party, I don't even have my mic plugged in. I don't understand why nobody else is like this.
That said; you can disable all incoming chat.

Thank You!

I have never once heard someone's mic going off when I join a session. Guess I'm just lucky

Mike who?

Entire thread screams Mike Jones simultaneously

This and the fact that my 9 year old son often watches me play is why I keep chat turned off by default. He doesn't need to hear some guy calling everyone a bitch or some random child crying in the background while I prep for quests. It doesn't add anything to the ambiance for me, either.

YES! PLEASE!!!!

I agree. I use my mic to tell people im sleep coating a monster so they look out for that. Of course the DB guy is stuck in demon dance as the monster is about to be fast asleep...

Edit: typo

Some asshole had their dog barking and scared the shit out of my cats. My own fault for re-rolling and not ticking the appropriate box, but who lets their giant dog bark into the goddamn microphone? Seriously!

WHAT WAS YOUR PLAN23 points · 4 months ago

Sounds like your cats had a *ruff* time!

PSNID: Biggsquishy6 points · 4 months ago

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with this joke...

-7 points · 4 months ago(0 children)

My dog goes nuts while I'm playing this game. It's like she's "protecting" me from the scary dragons. I worry for our TV. The damn dog is going to jump through it one of these days.

WAS THAT YOU, YOU SONOVABITCH

Certianly could have been. Sorry about your cats, my cats aren't real fond of the dog either, but we were out-voted. Apparently cat-votes aren't worth as much in "family" decisions, so it was 3 vs. 1, for getting a dog. Even the F-ing landlord caved and allowed the dog...

BETTER BE

(please, I was just joshin'. The odds are against it.)

Yeah, no worries, but my dog IS annoying as all hell.

Mic

Original Poster4 points · 4 months ago

Yes mic not mike he can’t be turned off.

Just stop turning him on so much and let him calm down a bit.

bow/lance/hh/h/cb/sa1 point · 4 months ago

idk, can you resist a hot mike?

I prefer squad sessions

Sluuuuurp

Crying

Something milkshake

So much yes the first thing i do when i log in is go to the player list and mute everyone with a mic

Bug Duster3 points · 4 months ago

There's am option to turn Mic chat off globally, might save you some time.

From Sa to GL1 point · 4 months ago

mike was minding his own business on his MIC. Leave Mike alone.

530+ hours1 point · 4 months ago

I finally gave up muting people after countless times of being subjected to someone mumbling to themselves over their music while between hunts, and just turned off voice chat.

Sorry to all my future teammates who didn't chat anyways.

Deep breath Deep breath Deeper breathe

I mute the audio anyway now that I'm mostly farming and stuff.

You can mute everyone as an option, that’s what I did to avoid this.

Literally the first thing I did when I checked the options. Got this trick from Warframe.

Is this cause my hammer main friend Mike who loves to send people flying mid combo?? I'm so sorry about him... I'm trying to get him to switch to a nice no flying friendly weapon like SnS.

I don’t have this issue on Xbox :( wish I could join others lobbies

Just matchmake for a session.

Doesn’t work, get an error every time.

What if we don't have a Mike in the room should we tell Alexa to turn off?

Original Poster1 point · 4 months ago

?

One of the main reasons I just sit in party chat even after my friends leave.

1 point · 4 months ago

you can cut and paste this into the reddit for any console game really.

Original Poster1 point · 4 months ago

Overwatch is next on my list.

I think voice chat may have heavily influenced my not playing ESO anymore.

Why is it never anyone enjoying business time?

I just start a private party for that very reason

I always seem to get in a lobby with someone who wants to sing to themselves (horribly at that). Based on the distance in the sound it seems alot of them don't realize their Playstation cameras have mics in them that work like a headset would. However they never hear me when I literally beg them to unplug it.

I apologize for all the times someone heard me talk to my kitty or yell at her for jumping on the hamster tank.

Turn off voice chat. Problem solved.

Original Poster2 points · 4 months ago

Then what would I complain about?

I DONT HAVE A MIKE!

Never_Midnight1 point · 4 months ago

Who is Mike! I don't know how to turn off this Mike person

My voice chat has been since I started the game I've never heard a single person

Dung Connoisseur1 point · 4 months ago

I ain't seent him in a long time, I can do the guy like that.

Nah, I barely even get people with mics, let alone using them. I feel for these accidents though.

I literally had a guy arguing with his girl?/mother? over putting something next to his TV

Dammit mike you had one job

Passive bong rips in the background....

I apologize for anyone (un)lucky enough to have joined one of my sessions and had to deal with my daughter randomly singing Hamilton or something else from one of her emo music pandora stations. At least she has an above decent singing voice....

When i played Ark i was forced to hear some The Walking Dead seasons over my friends mic.. sometimes we couldnt even understand the others...he was totally immune to my suggestions...😑

Mounter of Elders1 point · 4 months ago

But Mooooom, I gotta get my Gem so that I can have the same gear as Josh!

I feel antisocial for admitting it, but whenever I learn a game has voice chat, the first thing I always do is learn how to mute people.

If I hear you make a single noise, I'm probably gonna mute you immediately.

On hunts is a different story, but I'm still pretty liberal with my muting.

Original Poster1 point · 4 months ago

I don't like it here. I don't know what's going on. We're both stumbling around together in this unformed world whose rules and objectives are largely unknown, seemingly undecipherable or even possibly nonexistent, always on the verge of being killed by forces we don't understand!

Ive played around 100hours of multiplayer. I muted my mic since the beginning

Sure the random noises are annoying but you sometimes hear some funny conversations

"C'mon baby when you coming over? You getting your hair done? PLATINUM BLONDE?! GOSH DAMN you going to like so fine baby come over when you're done so I can stick it in your butt"

-10 points · 4 months ago(8 children)

Found the mike

-6 points · 4 months ago(0 children)
XB1 GT: Belyal0 points · 4 months ago

you bastard!

There are a handful of ppl in every lobby that are either chewing or just talking to their friend in the same room. I've pretty much stopped allowing people in my lobby, so I miss out on any community things but I can't stand open mic night.

So mute the ones who are annoying you it’s as simple as that

The point is be courteous

-8 points · 4 months ago(0 children)

It's not an issue to actually communicate in game. But with everything else you said, just because there is a mute option doesn't mean it should be everyone else's problem when they log in and you're screaming at your dog. I'm not sure why it's a monumental task to just turn your mic off when you're just creating obnoxious noise for everyone else in the lobby. I imagine you talk on speaker phone on a crowded bus.

-3 points · 4 months ago

Who is Mike?

But I like turning him on, Mike is senpai.

I’m weak!

-7 points · 4 months ago(0 children)
-5 points · 4 months ago(0 children)

Home for the Monster Hunter: World Reddit community and resource hub...

r/MonsterHunterWorld Rules