50 years ago today, the Man In Black went on stage at Folsom Prison and recorded the album ''Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison''.

"One thing he liked about playing prisons: If he did something the audience didn't like, they couldn't leave,"

This is great!

Comment deleted6 months ago
-4 points · 6 months ago

I'm Johnny Cash, and this is Jackass

I watched a documentary on this concert and not knowing anything about Jonny Cash it was really interesting.

Music was cool as well. Also TIL that he performed one of the inmates songs.

don't play that it'll rile them up

Looks left

Looks right

plays it

Original Poster12 points · 6 months ago

When he found out he only had fifteen minutes left he said ''Fifteen minutes? I'll take all the time I want.''

Can hear the crowd roar, great stuff bud

There is a GREAT Documentary about that day called "Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison"

Original Poster4 points · 6 months ago

You can find it on YouTube for those who want to watch it.

The biggest baddest bad ass ever!!!!

I hear the train a comin' rollin' round the bend...

I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when...

I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps dragging on

Wow you guys know ALL the words?

No just that one line

When I was just a baby...

My momma told me, "Son,

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

Always be a good boy, don't you ever play with guns...

But I shot a man in Reno

Just to watch him die

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

When I hear that whistle blowin', I hang my head and cry... solo intensifies

-1 points · 6 months ago

But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone

1 point · 6 months ago

Third repost today

Get over it.

Original Poster0 points · 6 months ago

Oh mah gawd, the world is going under

Inconceivable!

/r/OldSchoolCool **History's cool kids, looking fantastic!** A pictorial and video celebration of history's coolest kids, everything from beatniks to bikers, mods to rude boys, hippies to ravers. And everything in between. If you've found a photo, or a photo essay, of people from the past looking fantastic, here's the place to share it.

r/OldSchoolCool Rules