Reddit Feeds

Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Posted byBronze X8 days ago

How do you guys keep control of your car after an aerial?

Mainly when im going for a ball thats high in the air, I can hit it the direction I want, but it usually doesnt have a lot of power behind it, and afterwards my car tends to do a 180 or something after making contact with the ball. What do you guys do to prevent this from happening because I feel like this is going to be important to moving towards diamond.

Switzerland2 points·8 days ago

Are you doing fast aerials?

Bronze XOriginal Poster1 point·8 days ago

Probably not. I double jump but apparently thats different than a fast aerial so maybe i am but idk

You don’t have custom bindings.. change your air roll to say (Xbox) LB instead of X. Keep powerslide to X but it keeps your fingers free for boost when your in the air; hold LB in the air and have some fun with it. Use LB every time you jump! Edit; air rolling gets you better angels on the ball ergo letting you do soft touches or booms

Bronze XOriginal Poster2 points·8 days ago

I already have air roll bound to LB. I guess i just need to work on using it more

I heard a good way to practice is go in freeplay and get used to being in the air with air roll and without it. I should probably do that more as well

Can i ask how you get the scoreboard not to show up when you press LB? Is it a controller binding that i am missing? I had my left and right roll set to the bumpers but didnt use it on account of the scoreboard. Now i have just the air roll button set to RB but i prefer being able to physically roll with other buttons

Bronze XOriginal Poster1 point·8 days ago

I have scoreboard bound to rb and air roll to lb. I dont use air roll right or air roll left but i know some people have them bound to when they press the joystick for half flips and stuff

My man. That’s my set up!! You’re a sharp one don’t use the air roll left and right, you can do that with practice just try it out

Thou Art Bored1 point·8 days ago

I play on Ps4 and i have my air roll bound to L1, it's up to you to practice getting used to using it by doing training maps or anything that you're comfortable with. If your shots don't have enough power you might want to slightly rotate the car so that the ball hits a corner or the nose of the car.

Northern Gaming1 point·7 days ago

ok so what aspect are you wanting to know. How not to have your car react so hard to hitting the ball?

Landing in a fashion that doesn't make you stop still?

Whatchya need exactly?

Bronze XOriginal Poster1 point·7 days ago

The first one mostly. Im getting better at landing.

Northern Gaming1 point·7 days ago

right before you hit the ball tilt the car into the hit. so like if you're head on with it and level with the ground, you'd hold up right before you hit the ball, it'll counter the kickback and also give more power on the touch.

Landing wise, land 2 back wheels first whenenver possible. If going to land not straight hold down powerslide (even if straight it's good habit). That way you don't lose speed and can flip out of it to straighten out

Rocket League: The Game - everything related to Rocket League!

r/RocketLeague Rules