Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Posted by
your mom's favorite player
16 days ago
Psyonix Comment

psyonix what is this...

I'm stuck in Champ 3 (send help pls.)
19 points · 16 days ago

I'm waiting for the day someone throws one of these games and we find out how much they lose

your mom's favorite player
Original Poster6 points · 16 days ago

I have a feeling you would lose a ton

I'm stuck in Champ 3 (send help pls.)
22 points · 16 days ago · edited 16 days ago

Platinums are gods anyways so you wouldn't have lost much, silly you for thinking you would lose a ton. We all know it's because of their teammates anyways for any losses they do get. I'm surprised that you beat them tbh :)

(edit was to fix a grammar mistake)

Staff
25 points · 16 days ago

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We've recently made some matchmaking changes that should be preventing these kinds of matches, however, it appears that this one has slipped through. Whoops...

Unfortunately, the fix isn't quite as simple as making sure all players are within the appropriate skill rating range.

your mom's favorite player
Original Poster3 points · 16 days ago

That's good to know, thanks for the reply!

Internet Explorer Prospect Elite
1 point · 15 days ago

why not have it check at the start of the match, right before the check to see if there are enough players to start the match, if the mmr of both teams is reasonable (obviously there are some special conditions that would have to be applied concerning parties of varying skill). If it isn't reasonable, tell the server that there aren't enough players. A really stupid way to code but I'd think it would at least prevent stuff like this from occurring...

I'm sure they've thought of that and not implemented it for some proper reason

Internet Explorer Prospect Elite
2 points · 15 days ago

which is exactly why my comment starts with "why not". I've already assumed they've thought of something similar, but I'm curious what's stopping them from doing so.

All-Star
9 points · 16 days ago

Huh, that seems like a glitch. Though usually those glitches have been Bronze vs. whatever, since as I understand it, it gives you an effective zero MMR when it happens. I guess this is something else.

Platinum II
7 points · 16 days ago

Can you imagine how much you'd lose though.

Champion II...for a game
6 points · 16 days ago

That is a free win my friend. Jokes aside, I don't remember exactly why it happens, but it's basically a mix up when a server is double booked I think? There's a plat playing with a bunch of champs out there I think.

That doesn't make sense. Matchmaking pairs teams together, which is different than reserving a server for them to play on. Wouldn't totally surprise me though since psyonix is very good at implementing bugs :)

Northern Gaming
1 point · 15 days ago

i can't even fathom how many point syou would have lost if your team lost lol

Rocket League: The Game - everything related to Rocket League!

r/RocketLeague Rules