Getting home late at night and realising you stripped the bed clothes earlier and didn’t replace them is actually heartbreaking.

That’s when i sleep on a bare mattress under a bundle of sheets.

Yeah what's the problem sheesh

I can’t do this I have to have something underneath me. I just think about sweating into my mattress and I can’t sleep

"Bed clothes"

Come to check I wasn't a weird one for thinking it's weird to call them that.. (UK human here btw)

Original Poster57 points · 6 months ago

What do you call them?

bed Sheets?

Original Poster81 points · 6 months ago

Its a good answer but its not right. Back to Mr Chips.

Dammit, if I wasn't a broke teenager I'd give you a gold, take an upvote then.

Gold is $4.

and teenagers are broke, whether it's because of college or they're not old enough to work

We ain't buying gold we got gold at home

Give that guy a biscuit

Sheets

Bedding, I think

Sleep inside the duvet cover, Voiola! sleeping bag

Original Poster20 points · 6 months ago

Damn, too late, that’s ingenious 🤔

It's happened to me far too many times..feel your plight.

Plus I'm just heading to the pub and remembered I haven't put the sheets back on, so thanks!

Hm... might have to invest in another duvet cover.

I actually didn't know what they were for and bought one, thinking it was fancy top sheets. I later got a comforter that was bare, and THEN found out what they are for

Getting ready for bed and excited to grab the warm sheets and realizing you forgot to turn on the dryer :(

Not as bad as putting them in the washer, and returning home at 1am to realize you never put them in the dryer.

I think I am going to cry

Nope wakeing up the next morning rolled up in a blanket like a burrito because you was to lazy to make the bed and your alone is heartbreaking

Call an ambulance this user is having a stroke.

-10 points · 6 months ago(2 children)

man i could ask the same of you with that attitude!! be nice, you don't know their life

You obviously have never slept in a blanket like a burrito... you should try it

What the hell are bed clothes?

Pajamas maybe?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

Have a guess.

I took the sheets off my bed once and didn't replace them, proudly announcing "Yeah, suck it future me"

Future me was suuuuuper bummed when I got home.

Many things make me angry and give despair in today's world.

But going to bed after 16 hours shift to the on-call room and finding that previous guy didn't change the bedding to fresh and properly stretched out - basically ready to drop and sleep, makes me genocidal ...

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Ouch

When I was still living at home I'd just finished a nearly 12hr stint of field work. Was lucky to stay awake for the 3am drive home.

Got back and my bed was completely stripped leaving me to dig around for everything and make my bed. Mum got mad at me being mad the next day since she "helped me" by doing that for me

This happened to me last night. Luckily, a few months ago I went on a cleaning/organizing kick and bagged up a few clean sets of sheets for guests. I just grabbed a large ziplock bag filled with two pillowcases and a fitted sheet and made my bed.

Original Poster8 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Oh yeah I’ve got clean stuff ready to go but still. I got half a fitted sheet on, now I’m lying here writing this, i wont even be pissed off if i fall asleep like this.

Remember, do the most awkward/difficult corner first, get it well under, so you can really pull on the easiest corner last. Otherwise it's going to pop off later.

Original Poster5 points · 6 months ago

Thanks mum 🤗

me: [sleeps on a bare mattress and wraps two thick blankets on me]

Sounds like a sleep on the couch night.

Even worse: They're your only set of sheets and they're still in the washer cuz you forgot to put them in the dryer. I've done this.

I’ve done this many times, but never had the right word for it... heartbreaking is perfect!

Or even getting in not so late, but tired.

I feel this on a deep, deep level.

A couple months back I got insanely sick. Work was piling up to the ceiling and I couldn't muster the energy to even open my laptop. I got the consistent worst grades I've ever received that week--I'm talking 47% on a presentation that should have been a piece of cake--and I was entirely done with everything. I ran out of clean clothes about halfway through this hell and decided to be efficient with my washer cycle and throw my sheets and duvet cover and pillow cases and everything in there as well. Get back to the room a while later, toss my giant Santa sack of laundry on the floor, and leave to go try to do some work.

Four hours later I've written four sentences and it's midnight. I have an 8:30 class the next morning and I can hardly think I'm feeling so shit. I've got chills bad enough that I'm literally shivering under a blanket, and I wander into my room, only to find that giant fucking Santa bag of clean clothes and utter disappointment on my floor. I start rummaging through it, and about halfway through pulling the duvet cover out of the bag I just fucking lose it. I start cursing out my being sick, the fact that I have an 8:30 the next morning that I'm going to have 6 hours of sleep for, my laziness at not putting the sheets on earlier, everything. I'm normally not the sort to break down like that, and so my roommate is just looking at me from his bed with this expression of shock as I lose my shit for about five minutes.

That was basically the worst experience of the past few years for me.

Stripping bed sheets? My mom does it for me when she's visiting every three months or so.

Original Poster4 points · 6 months ago

I can smell it from here 😄

But really it doesn't

To you because you're used to the horrible stench.

This is a pet peeve of mine. The job of washing the sheets is not complete until you put new sheets on. Do not leave a job undone. My wife doesn't get it, either.

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

A lot of emotional responses here, mainly from people being angry at us for not replacing them straight away.

Wait...you don't have a Snuggie?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

Well, no, i mean... i dont think so, is that a euphemism for a body part?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

That absolutely would not cut it.

I've done it so many times, and just say screw it... grab a blanket from another room and just sleep on a bare mattress

This goes straight in the empty paper roll department.

But it wasn’t a bed. It was a lobster bed robber!

Fuck, thanks for reminding me about my laundry.

1 point · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Worse still is when you do remember to change them that day, but when you're out your evil cat decides it's the perfect place to relieve their bladder upon. Betrayal.

Jusy a reminder to stop being lazy and or to plan better.

One of the many reminders in mybearly 20s that forced good habits of not being lazy thst help me as a parent.

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Wut?

-1 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

who calls bed clothes “sheets”?

All of the usa.

I hadnt heard the term bed clothes until this weak. And i am in my 30s.

sorry, that was meant to be a /s. apologies.

Week* ftfy

Watching pets get run over is heartbreaking.

This is just lazy.

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Way to cast a dark cloud over things 🌧🌧⛈🌧🌧

A subreddit to share anything that goes on in your head whilst in the shower.

r/Showerthoughts Rules
No Unoriginal/Common Thoughts

All content must be original. Unoriginal or reposted content will be removed.

No Puns/Wordplay
No Jokes/Pro-Tips
No Shower "Observations"
No Politics/Religion
Being a jerk/uncivil
Bigotry, hate speech, or harassment
Use of the text box is strictly forbidden

The text box cannot be used for any reason, including edits.

Comment directed at reposting

You should be reporting reposts and nothing else. Don’t comment! Don’t do it.