TIL Kevin Nash played a progressive pro wrestler in a 2000 sitcom

I was waiting for Mr. Floppy with the hot tag

I'm an ass man!21 points · 3 months ago

Hey that was a pretty good heel hold there at the end, someone should use that in their arsenal.

1-900-909-99009 points · 3 months ago

Pretty sure the dementor's kiss is illegal.

Please Silence your shitposts10 points · 3 months ago

they suck ya soul out and it HOITS

I thought the title was being ironic, I really didn't see that coming.

*harmonica noise*3 points · 3 months ago

Neither did his mother

It was my power of the punch!12 points · 3 months ago

I actually liked that show the short time it was on. I think the main guys wrestling name was Crybaby and part of the show was focused on his dream of being a pro wrestler. I'm not positive but this has got to be the only non wrestling show to ever feature wrestling in this way.

You should watch Learning the Ropes. The number of NWA wrestler cameos is ridiculous.

It was my power of the punch!5 points · 3 months ago

Just googled it. It's a Canadian show which explains why I've never heard of it. Looks interesting though.

It ran in syndication here in the US.

Just watched a bit of the pilot.

Alzado's character could be Braun's Uncle.

The father of Brains Strowman.

*Vince's voice*: AHHHH YEAHHH YOU CAN FEEL IT NOW, BIG DADDYYYY COOOOL, DIESEL! TAKE A LOOK IF YOU WILL!

Roman Reigns Mark6 points · 3 months ago

There's a great episode of Wrestling with Wregret that goes over this series and the portrayal of Kevin Nash in the show.

Back when Nikki Cox used to be hot. She did not age well.

Botox is a motherfucker.

Son of the world’s biggest Miz fan3 points · 3 months ago

Thanks Brian Zane

I think we're missing the headline here. Artie "the strongest man in the world" runs a pro wrestling company.

The Wholesomest Superstar In The Game!2 points · 3 months ago

I think this show was called Nikki or something? Pretty sure that Macho Man also made an appearance in one episode.

$$$1 point · 3 months ago

Oh boy.

Tears of the Demon1 point · 3 months ago

That was actually surprisingly pretty good. Low-budget sitcomey, but Nash wasn't half bad.

Pretty damn progressive for 2000

I loved this show when it was on.

Asuka's gonna kill you!!1 point · 3 months ago

Randy Savage also made an appearance on this show and actually did a good job at showing the strain of wrestling... in a sitcom goofy way of course.

#godmode1 point · 3 months ago

I'm honestly shocked that something like this came out in 2000. I suppose this is post-Beyond the Mat, but it really shows the wrestling business in a casual manner.

Kevin "The Big Sexy" Nash

All I can hear is #lapsed Nash.

r/SquaredCircle Rules
Meme
Low Effort Content (LINK posts)
Spoilers