Vechain vs. Walton vs. Wabi

I am new to crypto market and still getting my head around concepts. I believe in understanding the tech behind any coin and would like to know how these three differ from each other.

We all have favorites, but let's be real and practical, and think long-term and not speculative. Maybe all three will survive, maybe market forces will choose one that will dominate. Maybe I am wrong to compare them in the first place?

Sort by
Redditor for less than 1 year35 points · 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

I think what people are missing is that it isn't always the best service provider or the best tech that wins market share (not that Vechain doesn't have both). Connections are enormous in business. So far, Vechain's ability to rack up partnerships makes it the clear favorite, in my opinion, to the extent there is any direct competition.

Yes, I am aware Walton also has partnerships and is also building a smart city. Yes, I believe Walton is also a really good project. This isn't FUD. My assertion is just that the partnerships are not on the same level as Vechain's.

I summarized them previously here. http://goedhartvoordieren.nl/?page=r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7hyk2k/a_summary_of_v_e_c_h_a_i_n_s_current_partnerships/

PwC, Renault, DNV GL, Kuehne & Nagel, China Unicom - these are huge international companies.

K+N is the world’s largest freight company, accounting for 10% of the “world’s air and sea freight business,” which employs 63,000 individuals across 100 countries with a yearly revenue of almost $21 billion

DNV GL is an international accredited registrar and classification company headquartered in Norway. The company has about 13,550 employees and 350 offices in over 100 countries.

Groupe Renault is a well known automobile manufacturer which has 127,086 employees and did 51.24 Billion EUROS in revenue in 2016.

China Unicom is a Chinese state-owned telecommunications operator, and is the the world’s third largest telecommunications company by subscription base.

Walton and Wabi may have some partnerships, but they aren't on this scale. DNV GL and PwC are going to introduce Vechain to many of their hundreds of thousands of enterprise clients. This already happened with DNV GL - they set Vechain up with a convenience store franchise that has 24,000 locations.

Redditor for more than 1 year7 points · 7 months ago

While I agree, I think the industry and use cases are quite vast and I’m sure there’s room for healthy competition and a number of companies to co-exist, it won’t be a zero-sum game.

Look at how many consumer device companies there are, car manufacturers, logistics companies. Sure there could be a scenario of Coke vs Pepsi, where one dominates in market share, but there will be other players, including the ones now, and future ones not yet born.

Redditor for less than 1 year3 points · 7 months ago

I agree with this as well.

Bro...just stumbled on this thread researching this topic today and gotta take a moment to appreciate your screen name. Nice!

Redditor for more than 1 year3 points · 7 months ago

While I'm a huge fan of Walton as well, I think a lot of people don't understand the business connections that VeChain has. This isn't to say Walton doesn't have huge connections as well, but VeChain's close relationship to PwC is gamechanging. It is INCREDIBLY hard to get hired into PwC. They're elite, practically the Harvard/Stanford of consulting.

Even if Walton has a technologic advantage over VeChain, the strength of execution and brand power they get through their PwC connection is immense. There's more to success than having "better tech."

Original Poster1 point · 7 months ago

That is amazing. Thank you Walken.

Please read my comment thread here and let me know what you think:

The patent that Walton has on the TxID reading RFID is very important.

Redditor for less than 1 year1 point · 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

u/thelatemercutio, you are relentless. However, I respect it, so let me respond in good faith.

This is the entire point I'm making. Walton has amazing tech - I don't refute it. I'm telling you straight up, it doesn't matter. And that's already been proven. If the difference was enough to matter, Walton would be scooping up these partnerships instead of Vechain, or the companies would be refusing to go with Vechain because there's such better, cheaper, more secure more decentralized technology out there.

But that's not what's happening. And large international companies like these (PwC, Renault, DNV GL, K+N) don't just engage a service provider without doing their due diligence and seeing what the market has to offer and at what price point. The proof is in their selection.

When Vechain publicly announces a partnership or client relationship with a huge brand that is a household name, which isn't far away, it's going to put any debate about Vechain's marketing advantage to rest.

2 points · 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

This is a discussion about each coin is it not? I simply know more about Walton than most here, and am providing an example of a huge advantage that Walton has over vechain and wabi. And that's that Walton has the patent for the txid reading rfid. This means vechain and wabi have to implement several layers up in the application later, while Walton implements at the foundational layer. This makes Walton much more secure and decentralized.

I'm not lying. I'm providing facts about the fundamentals. I have not been uncivil.

Redditor for less than 1 year3 points · 7 months ago

Not saying you're uncivil - you're not at all. You're respectful and informed re WTC. You're just relentless about promoting it. :)

I edited my response above after you responded, for the sake of full disclosure. You responded before I finished adding.

Okay, sure. We will agree to disagree.

I agree, which is why I wonder why Ven's market growth hasn't reflected this...

Frankly, from a strictly monetary perspective, this has been my worst buy, but I'm definitely still hodling.

Redditor for less than 1 year1 point · 7 months ago
  1. You just bought in too late. This went from $0.28 to $1.25 in 2 weeks.

2. Unfortunately not all of these companies are household names despite how huge they are. K+N and DNV GL are just two of those companies that probably are involved somewhere in the supply chain for SO many of the things we use/consume on a regular basis, but we've never heard of them despite them being massive. When Vechain announces a partnership with a huge household name (like BMW, Mercedes, Givenchy, with all of which they've have discussions) it's going to cause an explosion

lol, u said this during the crash?

Anyway, today over 100BTC of sell walls were eaten to get over 10K

It's coming soon

It's doing alright now though, hope you're still holding!

I routinely say this has been my single worst transaction ever, and one that's taught me a valuable lesson in investing principles.

Obviously VeChain's doing fantastically right now, it's a goddamn rock, actually rising in value by 25% even when there was a bloodbath in the market due to the Korean FUD these past few days. I however regret to say that I've divested from 75% of my VEN holdings so while I'm still reaping some of the benefits, I could've had considerably more. VeChain was when I bought it, and posted this comment my 2nd largest holding. We're uh... talking... new car money on it when I bought it at $1.80, which was the ATH then. I just count myself fortunate I bought Oyster at $0.30 and it went pretty crazy so it more than offset the lost opportunity cost on VeChain.

I basically got the good news re: VeChain too fast, so was confused that the tidal wave wasn't coming. Essentially, I overestimated the avg. investor's information network, and divested from 75% of my VEN holdings after a week of so of little to no activity.

Meh.. you win some, you lose some.

Thats not a question... Vechain & Walton are different and can work together! Wabi is shit ;)

Original Poster7 points · 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

wabi is more b2c while walton is b2b. vechain is also b2c which makes it a direct competitor of wabi.

they both seem to have partners, but walton is also focused on other tech and has child chain design which I dont understand as of now. I think what it means that other developers can build smaller blockchains below walton like a pyramid or something where each child chain is communicating with parent chain exchanging data and info. This essentially allows walton to target a wider market. But I might be wrong and I am no expert in blockchain.

Wabi is not shit, on the contrary, I believe it has potential to grow.

6 points · 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

Saying this as a Chinese. While Wabi is definitely not shit, neither is it as impactful as many thinks.

Wabi's main selling point is that it fights counterfeits in baby formula, so people pay for safety and peace of mind. Issue is, counterfeit baby formula isn't the problem. The big controversy few years back was caused by legitimate baby formula produced by two of China's largest three dairy product producers. The producers made a decision to cut reduce the the milk ratio in their products and replace it with chemical components to save money and gain higher revenue. Babies got sick, people found out, now everyone buys baby formula from overseas not because of fear of counterfeit, but fear of China company products. It had everything to do with quality assurance and nothing to do with counterfeit.

The same issue happened with pet food; all real brand products, no counterfeits whatsoever, poisoned and killed a whole lot of pets because said companies saw a way to decrease quality and save money.

So now people in China have two choices; buy legitimate products from legitimate companies with, frankly, unknown ingredients. (the list of ingredients disclosure of products in China is not even remotely strict), or have a shipper purchase for you products from overseas with known quality standards and honest ingredients lists and percentages.

And herein lies Wabi's problem; if you are actually Chinese, you'd choose one of thousands of services who purchases from overseas supermarkets and ships to you than buy a verified Chinese brand. Would people still use Wabi? Sure, but not as many as you'd think. Until companies in China fixes its long-living tradition of lowering quality for short term monetary gains and no enforcement in QA transparency, we'll keep sourcing from overseas.

Lol all of the products on Wabi's store on JD.com are international products. Why would you assume they are only doing this for local Chinese manfacturers?

Redditor for less than 1 year2 points · 7 months ago

Wabi is illegal in china.

How? source?

haha such BS, China is their main market actually and they are in over 1000 stores by the end of this month.

Wabi also the on with lowest market cap out of the three, so highest growth potential.

Wabi has like 300 downloads in baidu app store. No one is using their product

Redditor for less than 1 year1 point · 7 months ago

You are talking about Walimai

Walimai owns Wabi.

Redditor for less than 1 year1 point · 7 months ago

Legally no. in reality yes.

Wabi's business development capabilities in China are dwarfed by VeChain. They also exaggerate their relationships. Anyone (and I mean anyone) with a business license in China can open a shop on JD.com but they parade this "achievement" around like they're making huge headways in e-commerce. The CEO publicly attacked both VeChain and the city of Gui'an (which is a national level administrative region and by proxy, is an attack on the national government), the Chinese don't take them seriously and they don't have any Chinese on their team. Wabi isn't direct competition for the same reason that a mom and pop burger shop isn't direct competition with McDonalds.

Thanks for asking, was wondering the same thing.

VeChain is a global leading blockchain platform for products and information. In the past two years, VeChain has accumulated great amount of experience in providing blockchain solutions to various industries including liquor, auto, luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, retail, logistics, supply chain, food and cold storage etc. To view the full subreddit design visit https://old.reddit.com/r/Vechain/.

Vechain Friends