So I should return all my CPU mining equipment?

[removed]

U can always use your cpu for mining other crypto, wtc, running some heavy applications... I have also buyed for 4K$ of cpu rig / stuff but I'll use this for heavy applications and I didn't lose my investment...

It was advised by many ppl here to invest only in cpu if u plan to use it later for other stuff due to next gpu migration, u didn't took this in consideration.

Original Poster8 points · 5 months ago

I bought cpu because I was told that GMN would be in a separate pool for mining - I had no issue transitioning to GPU but this was announced, what a few days ago?

GMN will still be in a separate pool for mining. But GMN and MN mining were never going to start immediately on mainnet launch. They have already announced airdrops to GMN and MN holders to compensate for this. You haven't done your research.

Comment deleted5 months ago(6 children)

Yeah they are fucking idiots..I wish I never kept my gmn.

They say one thing and do another. Very hard to trust a Chinese company. The whole time they have said CPU only to start.

Very very disappointed in this.. I bet they told all their mates to get the GPU gear ready for easy rewards

2 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Guys, the gpu mining works worse than cpu at the moment. Cpu as a temporary investment is still valid.

Staking - MN - was never meant to start from day1.

Whats the fuss?

The fuss is the sloppy/misleading communications and surprises which cause initial confusion and panic. Why tell us 4 days ago that we will have one month's notice before transition to GPU and then boom GPU out the gates? Im glad the confusion is now dissipating and CPU rig is still advantageous and a solid investment, but fuck me better communication would go a long way and prevent the build-up of mistrust.

My only thing about this is how would those that bought CPU for only one month justify that purchase? How would anyone know it would have been worth it for just a month? If that purchase was

Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)

Lol - returnished

8 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

ONLY IF YOU’RE AN IDIOT.

GPU is limited to ONE gpu and you have to choose gou or cpu.
A 1080 gets 1/2 the hash of a Ryzen 1700 so why would you get rid of components that are better than gpu’s?
GMN pools were never on the cards for release / read the amas. You’ll get the coins so wise up

A 1080 gets 1/2 the hash of a Ryzen 1700

Do we know when the gpus will become unthrottled or hashing like normal? I'm considering purchasing 10-20 gpus but if this is the permanent hash rate for them then I guess it may be better to buy a bunch of cpu builds.

Hi there.

So Only 1 GPU per Masternode to mine?

Comment deleted5 months ago(10 children)
Original Poster8 points · 5 months ago

Yup - I just got banned from the main sub for expressing my dissatisfaction in this. Been a part of that community since 200 subscribers and defended their incompetence through all of it. Feel pretty fucking disgusted right now.

Sort of in the same situation. Threadripper on the way but I'm wondering if I should just return it.

The only thing that is keeping me going is that GMN's will have the ability to mine at lower difficulties forever.. I think? At least that's what I understood from the AMA a while back. So even if people are facing increasing block difficulties, once the GMNs go live, we should be able to mine more then others?

Original Poster6 points · 5 months ago

I don't really know if you can trust anything that WTC has said in the past - i'd trust the information as it is presented in real time.

You got banned for spamming all that horrible rude shit, its on you dude

That's fucked up. You spent all of this money, time and emotions and they ban you?

Original Poster3 points · 5 months ago

lol yup

Damn I'm sorry to hear that. Are you keeping your CPU rig? Or do you still have the receipt?

If you waited longer than ~4 hours after main net release you lost out on coins anyways. The only way to make big bucks off the bat was to have everything ready to hit go when main net went live. My servers went from earning 2 wtc every 10 minutes to not even earning anything after like 5 hours.

2 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Haha very true. For me the release went like "Oh hey the new wallet is out! Better install windows on my brand new rig. Flashing the latest bios and installing drivers hi ho hi ho. How do I turn off the firewall? Ok I think everything's ready, aaaand I'll never get a block ever"

I feel your pain, can't believe this shit

gmn and mn advantages will come into play soon enough... stacking... once we switch tokens...have a little patience, i know... i understand...

Original Poster2 points · 5 months ago

yeah youre right - thank you.

Mine aeon. It works really well for cpus for how much power they consume. Not trying to shill just throwing out a suggestion.

I've just tried cancelling my order for the parts for my CPU build, seriously considering selling my WTC at the next pump.

Well I built my CPU rigs but I am gonna keep it all except the GPUs I will do 1080s with.

Essentially though, you wasted money on cpus.

Original Poster2 points · 5 months ago

lovely

I see a lot of diff opinions on slack, and WTC is notorious for screwing things up. People say GPU is only as powerful as CPU atm. Not sure 100%.

Original Poster4 points · 5 months ago

This is honestly just depressing - sitting here looking at a half built cpu rig with boxes everywhere.

Yeah I have 4 CPU rigs lol. All opened and no way to return haha :'(.

Original Poster2 points · 5 months ago

Well I had 2, luckily I haven't ordered a 3rd yet.. these guys are just straight dicks.. can do nothing but laugh about it.

You are straight up stupid. First of all, you don't even try mining after buying all that equipment. Why is it sitting around half built when you could be mining? You do realise cpu mining is massively outperforming gpu right now? Other people with rigs like yours have mined hundreds of WTCT. But no, instead you are on here complaining and feeling sorry for yourself about a problem that doesn't exist. Wake up mate.

Original Poster1 point · 5 months ago

I am you halfwit - at the time of the post the only information was that GPU mining was available, nothing else. crawl back into your parent's basement.

So now you are mining getting excellent hash rates, don't you feel a bit retarded for jumping the gun with your whining?

Original Poster1 point · 5 months ago

yes - but I am not responsible for the me of 12 hours ago :)

I feel for you. I would finish it and start mining ASAP tbh. Seems to be CPU mining isn't doa.

You do have to admit buying a rig before the mainnet release was a risk, but that doesn't mean you weren't screwed either. I hope that in time we learn they are more equal than it seems.

You cant really tell because the miner is guessing the hashrate for CPU's while showing nill for GPU.

This is nonsence from someone who doesn’t have a clue

Oh yeah? Why is that? You can't even spell nonsense.

Keep up the cheek josh and you’ll be banned

Comment deleted5 months ago(1 child)

Bye loser

Well I’m completely new to mining. Frustrated at what happened however my plan is by an asus zenith extreme mobo and a 1080 and try and mine c just 1 gpu until I can add more. Hope that will work

Yes of course. I am sorry for your loss.

If you went in on the hardcore CPU builds like threadripper you should still be mining better than most gpu's right?

Original Poster2 points · 5 months ago

1800 so nothing crazy..

Hate to say it but unfortunate if you bought in only for you mining. If you make use of it otherwise good, bit if not and you can get full value back, I would.

it seams only one graphic card can be used to mine... shit is at the begging stuff will get addressed fixed patched... keep cool and think it thr

The most unpopular opinion has arrived, I have mined over 30 blocks with 400k hash power(with cpu). So cpu is really profitable its just you need to be patient and turn it on. Its not pool mining so we can get unluck or lucky. Good luck!

Original Poster1 point · 5 months ago

cheers! I finished my build, quit bitching, and am mining at a little over 200k.

Waltonchain mining information repository and help

r/WaltonchainMining Rules
Be nice
No price or market discussion
No misleading titles