Get your Veteran's Day free meal on! Also, remember the food is free, not the service, so tip you stingy bastards.

Each year this is like Christmas for me. I polish my dog tags, wrinkle my tap out shirt, and rip some more holes in my jeans. I throw on my wounded warrior free gift hat, grab my cane and head to apple bees. The moment when I open my Pontiac van door and step out wearing my ultra white new balance.....pure adrenaline, takes me back to my days in basic, right before my injury in AIT that ended my service.

slow clap

Slowly rendered hand salute with no cover

America.

15U/152H65 points · 10 months ago

I'd rather wait and pay the full price on another day than wait in line for an hour around a bunch of assholes wearing dogtags on the outside of their shit to show they are veterans.

68W, 11B23 points · 10 months ago

Just the thought of avoiding the Dysfunctional Veteran crowd and cherry privates is motivation enough for me to cook at home tomorrow.

Well, how do you get people to TYFYS if you are not wearing dog tags and a Kmart shirt that says something about POWs or fallen heroes?

UH-1H22 points · 10 months ago

If it wasn't for my Cold War service at Ft Polk you'd all be speaking Russian right now. And we would live in a worker's paradise where tipping would not be necessary because everyone would be paid according to their needs, not their ability.

How many of these do we need.

If the sever screws up my tip will reflect.

Now is it the server screwing up, or the kitchen?

It's the cooks, obviously

FUCK COOOOOKS

It's always the kitchen, gotta get that 35%.

It really depends. The server should be able to catch a lot of issues before they get to the table. Some they can’t like the food taking forever or being cooked fucked up but if they know I said no cheese and the cook puts a mountain of cheese on top and the waiter brings it to me then I blame both.

1st Couch Division12 points · 10 months ago

Yes, Uncle Willie

Appreciate the reminder!

filthy civie6 points · 10 months ago

Username checks out.

fuck off

14G2 points · 10 months ago

What’s that patch on his chest? Shit is huge.

It looks like a flight patch. Flight companies will make their own patch that incorporates the company mascot. He’s probably a crew chief. It’s generally only authorized on the flight suit, and it looks like he’s in regular ACU’s, but it’s hard to tell the uniform for sure, and some units might wear them in ACU’s.

Ah ok. Thanks

As usual, I will be doing some form of AT on Veterans Day. 4 years in a row, woo!

I don't tip, but I also don't feel the need to go to Applebees for suboptimal food. TMFMS.

My local Chick-fil-A hook up free combos today. Two of the three within 10 miles are veteran operated. Both are very cool people, who also are JAG in the reserves. One AF, One Army.

In regards to sit down spots? Eh... most of me and my friends are on call at the hospital. So a 1-2 hour wait, isn’t really the best thing. I was going to call my TX roadhouse and ask if I could just pickup? Then drop a $10 tip or something.

The “Ed Hardy” for Veterans clothing crowd does have me cringe. Rather in and out of the “holiday”.

United States Army on Reddit

r/army Rules
No bigoted language or witch-hunting.
Keep discussions civil. No Posting PII.
No unapproved AMAs, fundraisers, ads or surveys.
Do not ask or provide answers for courses/tests.
No fraudulent, illegal, or immoral activity.
No overtly political posts.
Moderators have the Final Say.
Posting Guidelines

• (1) If your post could be answered by your NCO, Google or a 5 minute call with an Army Recruiter, then please do so.

• (2) Ensure your posts actually encourage discussion. No memes, low effort posts, reposts or crossposts from /r/all. If it is appropriate for /r/AdviceAnimals or any other meme or image macro subreddit, it is not appropriate for /r/army. Consider /r/armycirclejerk instead.

• (3) This is not a pro-military circlejerk, but please have some sources to base the more controversial topics on.

• (4) Use the search bar. It is very likely that whatever you are about to post has already been posted before. This includes questions about duty stations, MOSs, boots, or what to take to the field.

• (5) We don't all know what a 12V or a 35Q or a 94L is. Post the description along with your obscure MOS code.

• (6) Please keep your flair text rank or duty-related. The purpose of flair is so we know you have a background in a particular subject matter. Moderators reserve the right to change flair at will.

• (7) Source your posts well. No rumors, PNN or unfounded speculation. Links from USAWTFM, ASMDSS and similar at moderator discretion. No Stolen Valor.

• (8) N00b questions go in the Weekly Question Thread (or Recruiter Thread) stickied at the top, in the black-on-gold link at the top, and in the sidebar. Do not answer n00b questions on the main boards. Use the report button.

Helpful Subreddit Links
Weekly Question Thread (N00b thread)
For all of your joining and reclassing needs.
Ask A Recruiter
Go ahead; they may buy you lunch.
Wednesday Advice Thread
For the more advanced questions.
/r/Army Drive Project
Crowdsourced Army resources.
Duty Station Thread Series
For all your duty station needs.
Discord Channel
Like the WFFA but always on.