11 years apart.

2.8k points · 6 months ago

“It’s been 11 years! In or out, but close the damn window!”

"YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!!!"

Wait who is my supervisor

Not me

Comment deleted6 months ago

now do you say pronounce that as 'ah-DULT' or 'AH-dult'?

“Searr-uhp”.

"Cool hhwhip"

3 more replies

I am an adult

Ohhhh, crap baskets.

.... "oh right"

2 more replies

”Mind if I glue up?”

It's your house

1 more reply

He's just thinking about it, give him a chance

It’s Been 11yrs & He Aged & Dog Hasn’t 🐶

Different dog. Jackson the dog died 5 years after the first photo.

ALRIGHT, MOM!!!

It's stuck.

"Your not my real mom!"

1 more reply

For someone who has been stuck in a window for 11 years you look properly nourished.

Guess we know what happened to the first dog.

It’s okay, we all get hungry.

Comment deleted6 months ago

Dogmeat. The best companion a guy could ask for.

[removed]

4 more replies

Yeah the best made me die few times, good boy.

Fallout intensifies

Inon Zur intensifies

3 more replies

Grab a Snickers.

I was thinking of that sorta.

Thatsthejoke.jpg

Yes, waiter? I'll have a water and...how much for the doggie in the window?

I do hope doggie's for sale.

1 more reply

Fresh pies all day. Very hot, but you gain a tolerance.

Very hot

The pie or the guy?

1 more reply

Well probably like in cartoons and movies from the 50s, his mom continuously put apple pies in the windows to cool

Every tried to grab a cooling pie? The ones I make are usually still stupidly hot even hours later. No one stole fresh pies off window sills. The 1950s were a lie.

"You look properly nourished" sounds like a pick up line at an autistic singles night.

I'm technically autistic,

I still laugh

And people say we don't have a sense of humour

;)

People who know us know better.

It can be dry, direct, literal, slightly blunt (with friends), or cynical (a joke unnoticed by the target is best). Still humor :D Just different

They eat the apple pies as they cool.

At my work we're still stuck on Windows 98.

AH, the good ol snackeroo

Hold my frame, I'm going in

1 more reply

He does seem to be short two hands though.

7 more replies

Now that I, at age 35, have two dogs, it sometimes makes me sad that I never got to experience the friendship of a dog when I was growing up.

28 here and got my first dog about 6 months ago. I too always dreamed of having one growing up, but I'm also glad I got one when I did because I'm pretty sure I found the greatest dog ever ( I'm sure I would feel that way about pretty much any dog though). I'm convinced I always want to have one, and if I have kids I'll make sure they get to grow up with that privilege

My girlfriend and I rescued a pit boxer mix, and my 2 year old son loves him to death. It makes me so happy to see my son creating this bond with his new best friend. I'm pretty sure he's an older dog, maybe like 5, but he is so patient with my boy and I don't know how to express how grateful I am to this dog. It brings a tear to my eye every time I see them cuddling

I walked into my local pound and grabbed the first pitbull mix I saw, it's crazy how sweet this dog is. I think he might be a border collie and Pitbull mix . Just reading your comment melted my heart and I know that this was the best decision ever.

Mate, now you have the wherewithal and self-awareness to truly appreciate their company (like if you grew up with them you'd sometimes take them for granted). Make up for it now!

So true! I regularly tell my dogs how much they mean to me. I feel they understand me, or at least my love and gratitude. Life is so much more special with them in it. <3

Comment deleted6 months ago

That’s so true, I had my first dog when I was a kid and, even if I took care of him and played with him, I only did it because it was my duty. I often mistreated him and talked to him in an annoyed/angry way, not because I meant to be bad, I just took his incredible trust and love for granted.
He died when he was just 3 years old because he decided to go out for a walk without supervision and got hit by a douchebag who was driving at light speed on a road with 30km/h speed limit.
The last time I saw him alive was before going out to the gym and I didn’t even say goodbye, instead I harshly scolded him because he had tried to bite a guy who was unloading chopped wood for the chimney.
I only realized how much I loved that little annoying critter when I saw him lying dead on the floor, and how much better of a owner I could have been for him. I didn’t even say goodbye .
It’s been almost ten years since then, and I now am the owner of an 8 years old good boye to whom I give all the love that I can, but I still haven’t coped with that. It’s difficult for me just to talk about it, I feel so guilty for not having been able to reciprocate all the love that poor dog had for me and I feel like the fact that “I was just a kid” doesn’t justify me.

Dogs love unconditionally, so even though you scolded him he still loved you and knew you loved him too. You shouldn't feel guilty, because we all lose our shit on occasion, but it's meant that you're able to show more love and affection for your new pup than you were able to previously. And old pup's soul is floating around pleased that you're happy and not alone anymore

I didn't come here to cry but here I am crying anyway

1 more reply

My family had a dog before I was born and he died a long time ago, I barely remember him. After that we got two dogs, a mother and her son. She died around two years ago and I was an emotional wreck and kept blaming myself for not giving her enough love, but also used that sadness to dedicate that much more time to the other one, that is still with us.

Dude I was blessed with mine when I was 12 , he's 11 now and i know i will cry like a baby for a month straight when the time comes 😞 It hurts just thinkin it .

Original Poster2.6k points · 6 months ago

to make it clear they're 2 different generations of pups! 1st is George, the most recent pup is Fenn - both amazing!

Fennnnnton!!

Oh Jesus Christ- FENTOOOON!!!

On that day Fenton lived

We are all Fenton on this blessed day

Speak for yourself.

I am all Fenton on this blessed day!

Never gets old...

2 more replies

JESUS CHRIST!

Tom noooo!!!

I was confused on how the most recent looked younger

Yea, I thought the 2nd one was a taxidermied version of the first. Kinda had a 'wtf' moment.

Fucking hilarious hahahahaha

It’s Rowdy!

Looks like Steven to me.

nope, chuck testa!

Huh, I thought the 2nd looked older and a bit thinner. Kind of like how my dog looked as he got up to 12-14 years old.

Yeah, I even said under my breath "gettin' a little long in the snout"

*snoot

Woot er yoo say?

I thought the second one looked very old

I thought it was the same dog.. I'm stupid :(

I'm stupid too!

on this day we are all stupid

Oh, I'll bet a lot of us thought it was the same dog. Right?

I thought too

And two different generations of child actors! The second one was a huge mistake. He's supposed to be 9 years old, but we later found out he's actually 26.

1 more reply

C'mon man. Would of been better if it was the same dog. This is just you 11 years older.

Lame

Okay, I was confused because first doggo looked older.

And here I was worried that George has probably a few months left.. Phew... Oh.. Wait.. :(

But what about that little Blond pup on the left !?

So not what the title implies.

What fucking garbage dude.

Seriously, I'm so disappointed rn. I knew I should have invested in bamboozle insurance.

1 more reply

I️ was gonna say did ur dog lose age over time

OP post it to r/pastandpresentpics

Comment deleted6 months ago

He ded

Holy shit George looks just like my aunts golden, Lexi.

Relatives?

8 more replies

Dogs life span 😢

Comment deleted6 months ago

I barely skimmed over the bottom paragraph and still cried oh boy

Gonna go wake up my dog and give him a cookie

let him sleep, he needs it. wait until morning please

Let him sleep for now, and make tomorrow his best day ever.

..........why is it Joey from Friends?

I actually kinda read it in his voice

I read it in Nixon's voice

I've read this before. Why am I reading this again?

I don't need these tears

This made me sad. :(

4 more replies

Made me hold my dog a little longer and give him more belly scratches before bed.

1 more reply

I fucking love dogs. Give that good boy some pets from me!

I'm crying now, thinking about the pets I had growing up. So ya, thanks for that.

But really. Thank You. Those memories are some of my best, and I probably don't bring them up often enough to do my old friends justice, just because it hurt.

Make the time count!

You're a very kind person. I hope you have a lovely day.

People who care so deeply for animals are the best kind of people.

Well aren't you just a ray of sparkles today!

I'm pretty nice myself.

2 more replies

1 more reply

And this is why I'm scared of getting pets. I don't know if I'd be able to survive the pain of losing them😩

Part of the beauty of pets is they help you learn to embrace those vulnerabilities. The pain of loss is natural, and pets give us a free trial run at it without expecting anything in return. The love and happiness you can give a pet far out weighs the grief of losing one imo

Wow that was so eloquently put you might have actually changed my mind.

3 more replies

Comment deleted6 months ago

Two different dogs ;(

OP answered in a comment above that they're both different dogs.

12 years*

You got hot.

The guy looks good too.

hahahahaha...im supposed to do that switcheroo thing now huh?

hold my 11 years, I'm going in!

Hello future doggos!

That's why he opened a window.

If OP was female this would be -20 at the bottom of the thread.

One thing I've learned from Reddit is there's some thirsty women (or gay men) out there.

Gay man here haha!

2 more replies

Mans not hot

Comment deleted6 months ago

No ketchup

1 more reply

Yeah you know man's international now, fam.

Pedophile he's only a kid

He looks old enough.

In the bottom photo, if you know what I mean.

Comment deleted6 months ago

Uh oh.

6 more replies

Grass is equally dead in both pictures. Get on that landscape game

Awwww.

you have a great smile OP!

Pupper looks so proud

Pup does't look like he's aged.

Can't say the same about you, you better talk to Pup to see what his daily beauty regime is and follow..

Two different dogs :(

.. thanks for making me happy.. and then ripping my heart out. =(

I'm not #op, I just came here to rip your heart out

Oh Hi my Ex-gf, I didn't know you are on reddit as well..

Long as you don't 'dance' on my ripped heart this time, it's all good!

That makes me sad

The fate of having a best boy as a friend. But both look pretty happy and I'm sure they had a magnificent life.

1 more reply

When I was looking through my photos, I realized I unknowingly took two pictures of the same good bois, 11 years apart, at a ranch I visit in Texas.

This reply makes me happy. Thank you. Updoot.

And thank you for your doot my dood. :D

This is so sweet. Happy faces! 🐾🐶🐾

S A M E B O Y E

More like 8 to 12 inches apart to me.

This made my day. Thank you

I don't get it.

Good dog. Good dog. Good Rover3! That’s a good dog.

wow you've aged so well. your human has grown quite a bit too!

1 more reply

Love this window peeping photo.

Neighbours wife...not so much.

Jared?

11 years and dad still hasn’t been able to make the lawn decent!

Window is in good condition for the age.

Memorable photos to cherish. Thank y ou

When that first photo was taken, crysis had just come out.

Real life version of A Dog's Purpose.

Glad to see they were reunited!

Good boy.

Take my vote dog.

Good boys

I think your dog shrunk in the wash

The dog looks younger in his 11 years older picture!!

How did the dog get younger?

1 point · 6 months ago

e11en sure has changed in 11 years.

11 years apart? Pfft you could pass as twins.

I was like “oh shit that dog shrank!” Then I realized the kid grew up

What a sweet old pup....

Awww.

203 more replies

Things that make you go AWW! Like puppies, bunnies, babies, and so on... A place for really cute pictures and videos!

r/aww Rules
No "sad" content
No captioned Pictures
No asking for upvotes
No harassment
Posts must link to sites on our approved list
No NSFW content
No asking for donations or adoptions
No bots
No lying about ownership
No social media
PSA

Please spay and neuter your pets! While your newborn pets are cute, failing to do this allows your little darlings to add to the population of homeless animals. Adopt pets from your local animal rescues/shelters, there are plenty of animals just waiting for a home.