So my grandma knitted me a sweater, it’s her 91st birthday today.

358 points · 1 month ago

A few things:

1. Happy birthday to your grandma!!

2. A grandma-knitted sweater is the most wholesome treasure

3. How tall are you?

Original Poster176 points · 1 month ago

Thanks so much! She’s the best and always full of positivity and sas. She didn’t believe that I actually liked it and kept saying the arms were uneven and this and that. I’m 5’11” however this picture apparently makes look much taller.

169 points · 1 month ago

There are no 5'11 guys, only 6 ft guys

41 points · 1 month ago

I'm 5'10 am I 6 foot?

No you’re probably 5’8 - 5’9

Me too! My family always says I'm 6'.I don't it's not like I have low self esteem issues or anything. Right guys, right?

Sorry bud, join the dwarves on the other side.

So close

I am 5'11.5" and people tell me to just say 6' but I'm not a dirty liar

7 points · 1 month ago

I’m a 5’8.5” woman but I say I’m 5’9” because that means I’m 69 inches heheheh

That's definitely worth stretching the truth.

Nice.

6 points · 1 month ago

I’m 4’11.5” & I just want people to know I’m almost 5ft.

Samesies. Always feel bad.

5’11 & 3/4. My wife hates it when I say I’m 5’11. But technically I’m correct, which is the best kind of correct.

Actually you round up so you’re 6’.

Everyone knows that the fifth foot is only 10 inches long.

I’m 7.7 inches, am I 8 inches?

I'm 6ft and from this picture I thought you were at least like 6ft3

Your grandma looks incredible for 91. A little manish but sweet

100 points · 1 month ago

Looks good but the fact she is still knitting top notched sweaters at 91 is badass! Happy birthday to her and you are lucky to have her.

Original Poster52 points · 1 month ago

She stays pretty busy and still has “all her marbles”

Heck yeah!

31 points · 1 month ago

It's beautiful. What a labor of love!

Your grandma's sweater game is amazing.

Agreed! Can his grandma call my grandma and get her sweater game on lock cause I need a grandma knitted sweater asap. 112 in Phoenix and I'm dreaming of sweaters. That how good that sweater game is

19 points · 1 month ago

That's pretty cool. I would wear that with pride. I'm sure you have already, but wish her a Happy Birthday from the people on reddit!

That is a pretty sweet sweater

12 points · 1 month ago

Damn Grandma, way to go! PS, happy birthday.

Grammy, you have an awesome grandson for posting this on Reddit in tribute to you. You must be special, kiss that handsome guy right on the forehead (we want to see a picture) - Happy Birthday, we love you!

13 points · 1 month ago

There ain't no tea party like my nana's tea party.

We wanna see grandma!

Nice sweater. Cute guy. Take my upvote.

Excellent gift, show this picture to your grandma.

Original Poster26 points · 1 month ago

I’ll show her all the nice comments too, although she didn’t believe me when I told her I loved the sweater lol

Love, love, love the sweater. That is definitely a labor of love and anyone can tell how much time and effort she put into knitting it, one row at a time.

Nice sweater! Happy 91st birthday to your Grandma

9 points · 1 month ago

"Happy 91st birthday grandma! Now make me a damn sweater and make it extra snappy!"

Your grandma is the shit! (Although if you tell her that, you might want to use “bee’s knees” instead.) LOVE that she made this for you!

Wow what a fantastic grandma. Happy birthday Grandma, hope you have a great day 🎂🎂

Happy birthday, Gramma!

And there is almost no point happier than when an adult man receives a sweater made by his grandmother. Sincerely.

As a novice knitter I am envious of your grandmother's skills. What a beautiful piece. Something you can cherish forever. I also like her artwork behind you.

normcore af

Normcore had me exhaling chuffily with a smile.

That is a nice sweater.

Grandma coming wit the real wavy wavy flow

Oh man, that is so cool. So happy for you that you still have your grandma at 91. I really like the sweater. I like the colors. She killed it but that's what grandma's do. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to grandma!

Cool sweater man :)

Yeah I really like the sweater. I wish I had a red one like that. Happy birthday gramma!!

7 points · 1 month ago

My kinda awww

Original Poster7 points · 1 month ago

Thank you!

I really thought this was a r/roastme post at first glance.

Happy birthday Grams!

Man grandma made anything is the best. My Gram quilted me a handbag and she can't believe I carry it every day. I asked her to make me a diaper bag too

👍

4 points · 1 month ago

Your grandma has some serious style

Can she adopt me?

3 points · 1 month ago

So super cool!! Happy birthday to your Grandma

Shoes in the house?! Wonderful sweater, though - something to really cherish!

3 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

You look like the protomolecule scientist guy from the expanse

Your gran is awesome. Happy Birthday to her!

That actually looks super cozy...that's one heck of a talent

That is a stellar sweater! Happy birthday to your grandma!

Wear that with pride

I'd wear the shit out of that sweater. Gram Gram!!

That is an amazing sweater.

Aww... a blessing. You must be a good person.

Happy Birthday Grandma.

Shouldn't you have knitted her something for HER birthday? (Although it sounds like something I would do)

I really miss my grandparents. Happy birthday to yours!!!!

Your grandma is a legend

3 points · 1 month ago

Dude that’s an awesome sweater! Congrats to your grandma.

I love that sweater! I would absolutely wear it.

I like hearing about this kind of stuff, my grandma is going on 71 soon and shes still active at the gym and does kickboxing!

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Dude, that is awesome! She actually is currently enrolled in college a college writing class and plays hearts with her neighbors every other day. At 91 she still has all her marbles!

12 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

I wish she knitted you some calves.

Edit: No, wrong sub. Happy birthday grandma.

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

2 points · 1 month ago

Happiest of birthdays to grandma! Nice sweater too! I feel a hand written thank you note is appropriate at minimum!

You're lucky humans count as animals!

Happy birthday Grandma! Great sweater.

Don’t forget to eat your fruit.

Lovely pattern and colours!

2 points · 1 month ago

That's a damn fine sweater!

Congratulations

Damn that's a nice sweater

I mean. As far as "grandma sweaters" go that is actually pretty nice.

2 points · 1 month ago

Sweater is awesome

Awwww -so sweet! As a knitter, I can tell you that’s a lot of work. Lucky for you to have a grandma like that! I just spent last night watching fireworks with my almost 99 year old aunt - enjoy every second with your grammy! Happy birthday to her!

Happy Birthday to your grandma! And honestly- what an incredibly beautiful treasure for you. That sweater is beautiful. And what a better gift? Homemade from the heart :)

Yo as a person who knits, this shit is hard! Good on her!

2 points · 1 month ago

Bro it’s my birthday today! You’re grandma is 70 years older than me today! Happy birthday distant grandma!

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

A grandmother from another mother

Wait I want that sweater it’s pretty cool.

Grandparents are the best

Ooooo😍

My grandma is 91 but can’t knit. She did play pickleball with me though.

Happy birthday grandma! I hope I can be so talented by my 91st!

That’s a sweet-ass sweater! She is so wonderful to knit it for you 😊

What kind of adidas are those??

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Not sure! I got them at a thrift shop believe it or not

Different kind of aww but I like it.

2 points · 1 month ago

Cool sweater.

None of this belongs here. Post it to /r/pics. A sweater isn’t aww.

Never skip leg Day

Never skip leg day, bro.

I'd like to borrow you and your grandma for a while- but on separate occasions :D

If it’s your grandma’s birthday why did you take a picture of yourself instead of her?

Original Poster0 points · 1 month ago

I have other pics of grandmas birthday shenanigan. Just wanted to show off the sweater!

This belongs on r/pics. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but...

Yeah no kidding. At least if it was a picture of his grandma with the sweater I would get it

I don't think anyone's grandma belongs on this particular subreddit. Or anyone's granddaughter or grandson, unless their "granddaughter" or "grandson" is furry.

Nice sweater... and I love you in Aunty Donna.

Jumper Like the one from mother on Friday 13th

What's it made of?

Eyelashes!

Dude, that's a really sweet sweater. I love the color scheme. I'm pretty partial to similar colors myself.

My, Wesley, how you have grown...

The best time to wear a striped sweater

Man I just moved into my grandparents house after they moved into a retirement community and we have the same Asian screen. Lol.

As far as knitted sweaters from Grandma go this one looks pretty tame. Nice score. Do you know what the material is by chance?

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

I think she’s just using yarn? I could ask her for sure!

I assumed so but I don't know anything about knitting so I can't eyeball material haha

Is it comfy? Something about a yarn sweater sounds not great. Maybe with an undershirt?

Happy birthday t' yer grandmother

Wow I really love that sweater on you! It looks great and suits you well. I wish I could have a gramma sweater, as well!

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Thank you so much!

You're very welcome. Happy birthday to your grandma!

Can she knit me one too please?

Cherish that

Yay grandma! And it's a nice sweater, grandma got some skills

That’s a cool sweater

Take such good care of this sweater! You are a lucky grandson!

Amir Kahn has put on some years

That sweater is dope I would absolutely wear it

Looks like a coogi

What is wrong with you?!?

Wearing a beautiful sweater with shorts? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Dude it’s 90 outside!!

SUFFER

That’s awesome! I bet you can’t wait to have someone comment on it just so you can say thanks my grandma made it for me.☺️

That is actually a really good sweater.

That will be your most treasured sweater for the rest of your life!!!! Happy Birthday to your Grandma too!!!! :D

As a knitter - a sweater is one of the most difficult, time consuming, and love intensive projects you can do. I know you treasure it! Nothing wears better than pure love. Hug your grandma for me please.

Dope sweater.

She hates you. She really does! No kidding. /s

From someone that knits.....she's got talent. If I still have the dexterity to knit at 91, I'd feel damn proud of myself!

Lucky guy! That's definitely something I'd treasure always.

Need picture with you, the sweater, and the sweet, sassy lady. I'm a fan of hers.

Does grandma have a link to the pattern?

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Unfortunately no, I’m a knitting rookie and she’s 91 and doesn’t know what the internet is lol

It’s lovely - and she’s awesome :)

Grandma still got game!

Oh hey, my brother and your grandma share a birthday. Sadly, he cannot knit such a cool sweater. Looks good!

Hope she had a wonderful birthday!!

Yay Grandma! Yay sweater! Happy birthday to Grandma.

I get knocked on for having skinny ankle (pretty slender and short), but you seem quite tall.

If I were your girlfriend I’ll borrow that sweater and never return it <3

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Well that’s just rude.

Beautiful. Can she knit me one too?? I'll pay big bucks (ish)!

Hi Nikola Mirotic!

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

I’ve gotten that quite a few times lol

Sooo, your g-ma gives you gifts on her birthday! Do u give out gifts to your mates on your birthday?

DUDE LEG DAY BRO...

Wow your grandma needs a shave mate

Rip leg day

let me guess:
its way too big and scratchy af?

thats how all grandma knitted sweaters are...

-4 points · 1 month ago

That grin though... *shudders *

-11 points · 1 month ago(5 children)
-12 points · 1 month ago(0 children)
Original Poster18 points · 1 month ago

That’s literally a loose string of yarn you Debbie downer.

Comment deleted1 month ago

I wish you had taken the high road instead of insulting that dude’s family.

I wish somebody loved me

-8 points · 1 month ago(0 children)

Things that make you go AWW! Like puppies, bunnies, babies, and so on... A place for really cute pictures and videos!

r/aww Rules
No "sad" content
No captioned Pictures
No asking for upvotes
No harassment
Posts must link to sites on our approved list
No NSFW content
No asking for donations or adoptions
No bots
No lying about ownership
No social media
PSA

Please spay and neuter your pets! While your newborn pets are cute, failing to do this allows your little darlings to add to the population of homeless animals. Adopt pets from your local animal rescues/shelters, there are plenty of animals just waiting for a home.