Sort by
Single comment thread. View all comments

Hey mate, can you please put me on to your guy at Volkswagen? The one who tells you what to post and where? I need cash to pay for my caviar addiction.

'11 Scirocco R-LineOriginal Poster10 points · 7 months ago · edited 7 months ago

Like anybody in their right mind purchases a car just due to the infotainment system.

The Golf was quicker and more nimble for sure, but all around the GT86 was a lot more playful. I would go for the Toyota myself as I've always wanted it since the release, and just the ability to turn off every assist and have fun.

'13 Toyobaru, '04 S200015 points · 7 months ago

You'd be surprised.

2014 VW Golf GTI 6MT11 points · 7 months ago

Yep, was on the fence between my GTI and a Focus ST and one of the biggest selling points for the GTI was the infotainment and interior.

2015 Focus ST7 points · 7 months ago

hah I picked the focus for the same reason

(... the "ST3" trim is the only one available in Canada, and getting similar equipment in the GTI would have put it five grand above the focus)

2014 VW Golf GTI 6MT4 points · 7 months ago

Different strokes for different folks as they say! The recaro seats on the ST's are amazing, if only they made tartan recaros for the GTI...

2015 Focus ST3 points · 7 months ago

Man i love that tartan look....

and yeah I love the recaros despite everyone saying "omg ur too big" (6'5 300)

2016 Mustang GT/CS & 2017 Rogue SL2 points · 7 months ago

Yep. Totally my wife. She wants a car that looks pretty to her, and has a Bose system. That's it.

lol people don't avoid the GT86 because of its slow infotainment system, they pass on it because it's slow in general

'91 VW mk2 GLI 16v/'16 Mk7 GTI s4 points · 7 months ago

yeah that is important to people who only ever drive in a straight line.

people who only ever drive in a straight line.

Read as no one.

In a world where you can have both, why settle for something only good at one?

'91 VW mk2 GLI 16v/'16 Mk7 GTI s3 points · 7 months ago

because it is way more fun to do something a car is amazing at than have a car that is only average at everything, plus affordability kinda goes out the window when you make a car so good that it can't be beaten in any category. 86 is great fun for an affordable price and lets you have fun in twisties at legal speeds.

2016 Mustang GT/CS & 2017 Rogue SL-1 points · 7 months ago

When you get downvoted for the truth.

They're very touchy about their car.. it's a sensitive subject.

/r/Cars is one of the largest online automotive enthusiast communities. We serve as Reddit's central hub for vehicle-related discussion including industry news, reviews, projects, videos, DIY guides, art, advice, stories, and more.

r/cars Rules
No memes
No ads/spam/blogspam
No "spotted car" posts
No clickbait/cryptic posts/direct image links
No car suggestion posts