H'ookay, where to begin?
Some background - I've taken and passed ICND 1 and 2, A+, Net+, Sec+, and Project+. 30 years old, BA in Philosophy, newly hired at a NOC and I do some MACD/Telephony troubleshooting stuff, and have been for about 5 months now. Previously worked 3 years at a Helpdesk.
I'm mostly in disbelief here and I'm glad my company fronted the cost of the test and materials. Here is what I used:
- CBT Nuggets 210-060 Video Course.
- Official Cert Guide (Premium Edition). I've read through it probably about 5 or 6 times.
- Boson ExSim Max 210-060.
- Built my own homelab complete with CUCM and CME.
- Read through the official admin guides for each product quite a few times (CUCM, IMP+Jabber, even some of the video stuff, CUAC, UC, CME, a little bit of CUE as well).
- Read through the official cisco troubleshooting guides.
- Studied for a total of 5 months (roughly 150ish hours by my count - the most I've ever done for a single exam).
The test was 60 questions, passing score required was 860/1000. I got a 752. The SIM I had to do for the exam was bugged and I'll be writing Cisco about that for sure (literally none of the commands took that were needed to answer the questions and I verified I had them right as soon as I got home).
Now, I know what you're probably thinking - this guy is pissed because he failed and didn't know his stuff - and you're right, to an extent. I heard about this exam and the words of caution, but thought I'd be covered by now. The issue here was that probably a good 35-40 % of the exam was stuff that just wasn't covered - at all - in any of the stuff I had read. This test was a hot mess and I haven't experienced anything like it. I'll be taking it again in a while - this time I'm going to pick up the OLD Voice book and probably some of the CCNP Collab Voice related books, because I've got a feeling the stuff I'm missing has to be there.
Now, at my work place there are quite a few people that have the old voice cert and converted to collab with the video exam - I'm the first to take it with this new exam, as I understand it, and there are a few others starting to pick this up as well. I must warn them.
I'm just in total disbelief over this exam. Heed these words of caution, CICD hopefuls. Time to go lick my wounds a bit and start looking for the source of information necessary to answer some of those questions.