Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Archived

Passed ICND1 with 930!

Just here for my cat! I used boson practice exams, OCG, and pluralsight. The test was pretty easy, but a lot of the questions were worded really weird. I had to re-read the questions a lot.

My score breakdown was:

Network Fundamentals 100% Routing Fundamentals 100% LAN Switching Fundamentals 75% Infrastructure Services 100% Infrastructure Maintenance 75%

On to ICND2!

CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, Sec+, LPIC-1, Net+, Lin+, Proj+, A+

Congrats. What was your background before you started studying?

CCENT
Original Poster5 points · 9 months ago

Thank you! I had no background in networking. Started from scratch in April.

CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, Sec+, LPIC-1, Net+, Lin+, Proj+, A+

Very impressive!!

awesome! did you find boson practice exams more difficult than the real thing? ive noticed lots of people saying this

CCENT
Original Poster3 points · 9 months ago

Yes, definitely, although the exam felt hard because of the wording of the questions. It wasn't always super clear what they were asking.

JNCIA-Junos | CCENT
CCENT
Original Poster1 point · 9 months ago

Yessss!

I hear a lot about the boson practice exams, are they free online? How do we go about finding them?

CCENT
Original Poster2 points · 9 months ago

Google is your friend. I believe they're $99 but they're less than retaking the exam. I'd say they're a must.

okay, do their exams cover bits and pieces at a time, or is it like the whole exam of ICND1 and just a bunch of questions throughout?

CCENT
Original Poster2 points · 9 months ago

They give you a few practice exams. It's like a whole exam at a time. They give explanations for each answer, right and wrong, which helped me out a lot. I probably wouldn't have passed without them. My first few attempts I failed in the 700s. By the time I was ready to take the test, I scored in the 900s on each exam, and it reflected that on my exam score. Just make sure when you retake the practice exams, you're not just memorizing the question. Even if you did memorize the answer, make sure you can work through it to find why that's the right answer.

so it would be better for me to get the boson exams once im towards the end of my ICND1 studies? i'm still in the beginning statges currently.

CCENT
Original Poster2 points · 9 months ago

Yes, definitely. Wait until you've finished the OCG, or whatever book you're reading, and have done a good bit of labs. It will show your knowledge gaps so you know what you need to focus more on.

Congrats! I'm using Boson for the composite and I have no background either lol. But I like the work so far. I'm hoping for how much Boson is beating me up right now it rewards on the actual exam.

May I ask how long did you work with the Boson for before you were comfortable to take the actual thing?

CCENT
Original Poster1 point · 9 months ago

I didn't use boson until I had finished Odom's cert guide, but I spent probably a month and a half in between when I first took a practice test and failed and passing them easily. I made sure to not take them too often and left a couple weeks in between taking the same test so I wouldn't memorize the answers.

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software

Congrats! Thanks for recommending us. :)

CCENT
Original Poster1 point · 9 months ago

Thank you for helping me pass!

r/ccna Rules

No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs