Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Posted by
CCNA R&S
9 months ago
Archived

Passed ICND2!! Score 813!

Yep, I passed by 2 points. I would like to thank reddit and the discord! You guys were awesome. I passed this exam 2 days ago, just posted now. I am a student, 19 years old and I now plan on getting my first IT Job. I also graduate in May with an Associates degree.

I would say the exam questions were pretty bad. I have a good friend who is a Senior Network Admin, he tells me the exam is 50% what you know, and 50% trying to figure out what they're saying. I read Todd Lammles book from cover to cover. It was GREAT. I also purchased 2 months of CBTNuggets. Not worth it in my opinion, it is just too expensive. I also read a bit of Odoms book. I couldn't have prepared harder. I am moving on!

Congrats!!! CAT

CCNA R&S/SEC
1 point · 9 months ago

Very nice. Congrats! The skin of your teeth provides a greater margin if you forsake brushing them in lieu of study time, I find. :D

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software
1 point · 9 months ago

Congrats!

CCENT, CCNA R&S
1 point · 9 months ago

Congrats! I'm currently in the middle of Odom's book for the ICND2 and am wondering aside from the NetSim labs I have, flashcards, and videos if there was any more I should do in order to prepare. The only thing I don't enjoy about Odom's book is it gets so technical and so dry that sometimes it can be extremely hard to remember everything. Especially after a full 28 chapters of content. Any advice? I'm to sit on the exam in about three weeks.

CCNA R&S
Original Poster2 points · 9 months ago

Yeah, Odom's book gets WAY to technical with stuff that is not even in the scope of CCNA. That is why I loved Lammles book so much. To be honest, I would use Lammle instead. Odom's book is very hard to understand at times.

CCENT, CCNA R&S
1 point · 9 months ago

I agree that he goes off on tangents for things way beyond what I would consider to be the scope of the exam involved, and while it is great to learn about everything going on under the hood, he gets way too involved and presents so much information that it becomes hard to sift through. I would love to use Lammle's book, unfortunately though I was given Odom's to study and my job is expecting me to take my exam the first week of October, so I don't have much time to wrap up Odom's book and finish studying. I will definitely look into his books for future reference though, thank you!

CCNA R&S
Original Poster2 points · 9 months ago

Odom's book is very good, I would say it definitely goes over all the objectives. The thing is, there is so much that is not on the exam that he covers. It can be counter productive. I still read most of his ICND2 topics. It also might be unwise to use so many sources because it can get confusing. I used CBTNuggets/Odom/Lammlee for ICND2.

JNCIA-Junos | CCENT
1 point · 9 months ago
A+ CCENT
1 point · 9 months ago

gratz - there will be catz

A+, CCENT, CCNA Cyber Ops
1 point · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

Congrats!!! Sitting for mine on Monday! oh a cat

Nice work, think I'm going to re-study CCNA after my next two MS exams. I originally covered Richard Deals's book about five years ago but never took the exam.

r/ccna Rules

No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs