Archived

Am I ready? Cisco CCNA 200-125

Hey Guys, Currently, (in my opinion) in the final stages of preparation for the Cisco CCNA 200-125 exam. I've been using the Boson ExSlim Max for the 200-125 as well as the online material available for the Todd Lammle.

I've been passing the Boson ExSlims comfortably, here is a link to my results; https://imgur.com/a/nhzA7 As well as passing the Assessment Exam & the Bonus Exams from Todd, with ease, bar a couple of sections (IPv6 and QoS). I guess memory is a help, even with random selected on Boson, the same questions keep cropping up, but I am ensuring I go and learn things I don't know.

I was looking to sit the exam next week, but after just having sat a 'Mock' exam which was made available to me at the place where I was enrolled in a course to learn the material for the course, I am now unsure, the questions were unlike anything I have seen in Boson and Todd's questions. There was questions about Frame Relay, which I thought was completely removed? GLBP too? And I failed, quite badly.

Any advice here would be much appreciated, if I have to spend $50 for the CertBus curriculum, then so be it, but after reading here, I thought Boson and Todd were the two best go to's?

Thanks guys

Currently employed as App Support / Desktop Engineer Have a BSc (Hons) in Computer Network Management

Why are you deciding to do the composite?

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

Was recommended to take the Composite whilst I was taking a 5 week part time course, and I've studied all of the material now also.

I've read that the questions are more on a high level also, and do not go into as much detail as ICND1 / 2

I do have a bit of Networking knowledge, as I have a Degree in Network Management which had a lot of Cisco fundamentals attached to to it, so I was aware of many of the topics, however as not doing Network engineering in my day-to-day, just the topic names I'd remember ha

CCNP R&S2 points · 8 months ago

The questions go into the same level of depth, from my experience.

I would never do the composite.

It is typically recommended that you split the exam up into ICND 1 & 2 safer that way. Composite is for recertification.

You'll mainly need to know your show commands there is no configuration on either exam.

"I've read that the questions are more on a high level also, and do not go into as much details as on ICND1"

I do not think this is the case. However, I cannot confirm or deny.

Also, if you haven't done so already. Pick up the Wendell Odom book.

Original Poster2 points · 8 months ago

What do you mean in regards to the show commands? Are you talking about the simulations?

There's lots of simulations in boson, OSPF and EIGRP mainly where you need to use show ip commands to answer

1 point · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago

Yes, on the exam there will be simulations were you have to troubleshoot the problem using show commands.

Your good considering your scoring in the 90's. From other reviews on Boson, they say it'd harder than they actual exam.

A+ | Network+ | CCNA-RS3 points · 8 months ago

Im on the same boat as you, preparing for the composite exam in 7 days. Can I ask, do you have any networking experience ? I have little but due to time constraints im taking the composite. You ?

Original Poster2 points · 8 months ago

Degree in Network management, but Graduated in 2012, so I'd comfortably say I've forgotten most of the material, but the topic names lol.

I've worked with a few CCIE guys on small jobs though, so I say I do have a grasp, however the actual configuration is small to none.

A+ | Network+ | CCNA-RS1 point · 8 months ago

So you have more experience than I do. Good luck when you take your exam. I'm taking mine next week Wednesday. I'll surely let you know how it goes if you haven't taken yours.

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

Good luck! What materials are you using to prepare?

A+ | Network+ | CCNA-RS1 point · 8 months ago

Thanks. I read the Odom books cover top cover. I did the provided practise simulation with the book. Also the boson 200-125 exsim. I'm currently scoring in the 670-680s. No where near your 850+

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

How did you get on?

A+ | Network+ | CCNA-RS1 point · 8 months ago

Oh mate, I failed miserably. 751/810. I'll have to take the ICND exams inn January. How about you?

Original Poster2 points · 8 months ago

Ow that's a shame dude! You were rushing a bit though, least you're not being discouraged.

Not taken it yet, booked for next Thursday!

Any surprises in the exam? What came up a lot? Anything like Boson? Similar Sims etc?

A+ | Network+ | CCNA-RS1 point · 8 months ago

The boson sims did help a lot. My advice, look at the clock and read the questions twice. It will help. I rushed through the questions and when I tap next, I regretted it on several questions.

Prep more from ICND2 portions on the books like Odom's. You'll thank me later.

A+, CCNA R&S2 points · 8 months ago

Take a look at the topics for the exam; you should be able to see the different topics and decide for yourself whether the mock was accurate. Yes, I have also heard good things about Boson, and I don't think I have seen anyone necessarily disappointed with their tests, so if you are doing that well on theirs, you should be good.

If the topics are not on the objective list there's a fairly good chance you wont see them, but never say never.

In my honest opinion the best advice would be to sit it ASAP and just bargain with yourself that the first attempt will be a recon attempt if you fail. Use this fact plus the knowledge that you will not stop trying until you pass, ultimately that this isn't a 1-shot ordeal enough motivation to just go try it now rather than put it off) Don't get too much in your own head about when will the perfect time will be to take it. Follow your process, study your material do you practice tests and then hit the exam. The problem with being the master of your own fate (vs. School when the exam has a hard set date) is you can indefinitely put it off forever.

You will never be 100% ready.

Original Poster2 points · 8 months ago · edited 8 months ago

Cheers all for the feedback, I've booked the Cisco CCNA 200-125 Exam for Thursday 21st December

Good luck, mate!

Goodluck! I just booked for the composite on the 3rd of January. I just found this sub and I'm surprised to see so many against the composite, but I guess I understand. I have an associates in Networking, just finished last spring. One of my classes was also geared to prepare for the CCNA but never actually took the exam, went for the CompTIA A+, Net+ and Linux+ instead. Now I'm going to tackle this. Bought a few routers, L3 switches and went to town. Been studying for a bout a month or two? Not quite sure. I also do networking for a living, but not on Cisco gear and I'm mainly focused on VoIP. I'm curious how you make out.

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

I'll be sure to update the thread, pass for fail

Gonna be a couple of weeks of brushing up on everything

Original Poster2 points · 7 months ago

Hey guys, took the test today, failed unfortunately. Think it came down to a ACL simulation which thrown me and I panicked.

I scored 790/810, lowest score was WAN Technologies, 43% which I guess encompasses the ACL SIM i think?

I can't make too much sense of the score, should I give the composite another go soon, or should I go down the ICND1-2 route.

Overall, seemed like a lot more ICND1 questions, and comparing to Boson, It gave me a RIPv2 question also which I haven't been questioned on, I felt the questions were worded a lot more complicated also.

Its summer in Australia and I really wanted my life back, break until after xmas the back to it :/

sorry to hear it man. Came back here to check in on you. I mentioned I was scheduled for the 3rd, but I had to move it to the 10th due to work. Was really hoping to hear you passed. Now I'm nervous.

Original Poster1 point · 7 months ago

Hey - yea, but ow well, gotta keep at it !

It came down to an ACL lab, exam nerves and panicked.

Might try and do a re-take in early January :)

Dumps4free is providing an easy to download and access 200-125 Dumps Questions Answers and practice exams in PDF format. They are exactly what you require to prepare your actual 200-125 Dumps Questions exam efficiently. Preparing this study material eagerly you will confidently pass your 200-125 Dumps PDF exam with excellent marks.

don't ever use dumps , dumps bring the bad luck. use books from good authors, those has intelligible material

I HAVE best exam simulator for CCNA 200-125. loaded with 500 solutions and answers and clock that simulates rapid Cisco exam atmosphere and very best for last time practice. email me on carlitoswaysdotcom@gmail.com and i will give you the instant access of that.

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs