Passed CCNA: Security with an astounding 860/860!

Was nervous as hell when I clicked submit, saw the score and couldn't help but laugh. Feels great!

CCNA R&S

Amazing score. Congrats! What were your study resources?

Original Poster12 points · 6 months ago

I used the official cert guide, Ucertify through WGU and CBT Nuggets. Honestly, I did not feel prepared through the test lol but I guess I got just enough. It was quite difficult, much harder than the CCNA in my opinion.

CCNA R&S

I took the CCNA Sec with WGU last year and the OCG was definitely not enough to pass the exam. A lot of irrelevant information and it didn't touch on enough of the objectives at the time.

Original Poster3 points · 6 months ago

I agree. CBT nuggets was a life saver honestly.

1 point · 6 months ago

So you got a perfect score with only WGU resources? No white papers, labbing or additional practice tests like Boson? How long did you study for? Was this your first attempt?

CCNA R&S

That wasn't a perfect score, Cisco exams are graded out of 1000. Because the passing score is dependent on the particular question pool you get, it's common to post scores as <actual score> / <min passing score>.

Hence the OP's amusement/laughter when seeing their score.

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

I studied hardcore for about 3 weeks, granted I have quite a bit of firewall experience. I did rather poorly on the Email portion, which I felt was a big section of the exam.

CCNA R&S

I’ve never heard of Ucertify, can you elaborate on that resource?

Original Poster3 points · 6 months ago

It's with my school, WGU. It is honestly, shit. Don't recommend it, it had some additional practice tests and stuff that basically makes you feel over confident because it is much easier than the actual exam.

I agree. The WGU course for CCNA Security is god-awful, and the UCertify for it is near useless and outdated. It's the last class I have before graduation and I can't wait to be done.

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

God-speed my man. It's rough for sure

CCNA

If it's the same as ICND1 and 2 then it is basically just the OCG ebook, plus some practice tests, right?

Original Poster1 point · 6 months ago

Yep, but I only used the OCG when I took ICND 1 and 2 and that was sufficient to pass. With Sec, I doubt it.

How is WGU treating you, out of curiosity?

Original Poster3 points · 6 months ago

I love it, super convenient for me.

CCENT
1 point · 6 months ago

What sources you use to pass CCNA? I am also in WGU and I plan on taking icnd1 and icnd2 next term.

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

CBT nuggets and the official cert guide. I did this 3 years ago however, and the test has changed. I knew the cert guide in and out and was ready to go for that exam

"If the minimum wasn't good enough, it wouldn't be the minimum."

Life motto of a shipmate of my dad's who went through nuclear power school to serve on a nuclear attack submarine during the Cold War.

Original Poster3 points · 6 months ago

I can live with it!

CCNA R&S

That is astounding indeed! Congratulations!

Original Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Thank you! I appreciate it. I am ecstatic.

Damn, congrats! :D

Hi Im New

Haha awesome! Think about how different your reaction would of been if you scored a single point less lol But nice job

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software

Congrats!

CCNA R&S/SEC

Congrats! I'm in this course w/ WGU as well. Just finished Ch 18 last night. Once I am done with OCG, will be doing 31 Days book (paper and e-book w/ PT labs). Once I finish 31 Days, will go through Boson exam sim -- what was your experience with Boson vs the exam?

Once I get a baseline knowledge level, will go back through CBT nuggets, OCG, etc. to shore up deficiency.

Original Poster3 points · 6 months ago

Boson was much better than Ucertify. Ucertify gives you false hope, makes you feel like a god lol

I don't understand the numbers, is it not a fixed passing level? My passing level was 810 and I got a 858, does that make mine 858/810?

Congrats! This is inspiring.

Welcome to the club. I passed 2 weeks ago. What are your next steps..? I am immature to take ccnp security without equipped lab. I am planning to take Palo Alto ace and check point certifications.

Original Poster1 point · 5 months ago

Working on Linux+ then going for CEH next!

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs