Posted byCCENT/CCNA R&S6 months ago
Archived

Passed ICND1 using only a single study source. On to ICND2!

Hey all. I just passed my ICND1 with a core of 897. The only source of study was watching the 78-video series on CBTNuggets for 100-105.

I think something that really helped me was writing the labs using pen & paper. Drawing the topology and using sheets of paper for each network device for the handwritten CLI. I then took those sheets, transcribed them in to Packet Tracer and ran the simulation. If something didn't work, I'd find the problem, scrap all the sheets and re-write everything.

I'm now on 200-105, fingers crossed!

CCENT6 points · 6 months ago

Awesome job! I have a really hard time with reading the books and have found success through CBT Nuggets as well. Congrats!

Seeing other folks make it through with videos and practice is great.

CCENT/CCNA R&SOriginal Poster2 points · 6 months ago

I’m with you. I find reading material from a text book is great as a reference, but having it “taught” to you makes it more palatable and easier to remember.

How long did it take you?

CCENT/CCNA R&SOriginal Poster3 points · 6 months ago

About 1.5 months. It’s only 20 hours of videos total. Watched a few hours a week.

CCNA Sec - R&S /A+/Net+/Sec+3 points · 6 months ago

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points · 6 months ago

Congrats!

Isn't CBT nuggets mad expensive

85 bucks a month. But its actually pretty dope, has quizzes and its not just cisco stuff, you can learn all sorts. Vmware, microsoft, etc.

CCNA R&S | CCNP Switch2 points · 6 months ago

Congrats!! I would recommend you use another source for ICND2, which is much trickier.

Good job man, I am using CBT nuggets for MCSA and I really like how they keep you engaged.

Two questions:

watching the 78-video series on CBTNuggets for 100-105

Was it free - via Youtube or purchased?

I've been pondering using VIRL ($200/yr), but downloaded Packet Tracer. Seems like it's up the task of all the labs needed? For ICND-2 as well??

Thanks and congrats OP.

No need to use VIRL. Packet Tracer is more than enough to cover everything you need to know for the CCNA

CCENT/CCNA R&SOriginal Poster1 point · 6 months ago

CBTNuggets is purchased. The offline videos and Transcender exams were a huge help.

I used Packet Tracer, but I found there were some limitations due to it containing only very old versions of IOS. So far in 200-105, it was recommended to switch to GNS3 (also free) to have more control over the lab sims.

Most of the text books are very long winded.

Comment deleted6 months ago
CCENT/CCNA R&SOriginal Poster2 points · 6 months ago

Awesome dude. I tried putting together a home lab but ended up just going for be exam before I finished building it. Good luck with yours!

How long did you studied ? I need CCNA in 4 months

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs