Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Passed ICND1 using only a single study source. On to ICND2!

Hey all. I just passed my ICND1 with a core of 897. The only source of study was watching the 78-video series on CBTNuggets for 100-105.

I think something that really helped me was writing the labs using pen & paper. Drawing the topology and using sheets of paper for each network device for the handwritten CLI. I then took those sheets, transcribed them in to Packet Tracer and ran the simulation. If something didn't work, I'd find the problem, scrap all the sheets and re-write everything.

I'm now on 200-105, fingers crossed!

CCENT

Awesome job! I have a really hard time with reading the books and have found success through CBT Nuggets as well. Congrats!

Seeing other folks make it through with videos and practice is great.

Original Poster2 points · 3 months ago

I’m with you. I find reading material from a text book is great as a reference, but having it “taught” to you makes it more palatable and easier to remember.

How long did it take you?

Original Poster3 points · 3 months ago

About 1.5 months. It’s only 20 hours of videos total. Watched a few hours a week.

CCNA R&S A+/Net+/Sec+

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software

Congrats!

Isn't CBT nuggets mad expensive

85 bucks a month. But its actually pretty dope, has quizzes and its not just cisco stuff, you can learn all sorts. Vmware, microsoft, etc.

I'm not going to link it, but well, there's other methods of getting the videos if you catch my drift...

CCNA R&S | CCNP Switch

Congrats!! I would recommend you use another source for ICND2, which is much trickier.

Good job man, I am using CBT nuggets for MCSA and I really like how they keep you engaged.

Two questions:

watching the 78-video series on CBTNuggets for 100-105

Was it free - via Youtube or purchased?

I've been pondering using VIRL ($200/yr), but downloaded Packet Tracer. Seems like it's up the task of all the labs needed? For ICND-2 as well??

Thanks and congrats OP.

No need to use VIRL. Packet Tracer is more than enough to cover everything you need to know for the CCNA

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

CBTNuggets is purchased. The offline videos and Transcender exams were a huge help.

I used Packet Tracer, but I found there were some limitations due to it containing only very old versions of IOS. So far in 200-105, it was recommended to switch to GNS3 (also free) to have more control over the lab sims.

Most of the text books are very long winded.

Comment deleted3 months ago
Original Poster2 points · 3 months ago

Awesome dude. I tried putting together a home lab but ended up just going for be exam before I finished building it. Good luck with yours!

How long did you studied ? I need CCNA in 4 months

r/ccna Rules

No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs