Posted byu/[deleted]3 months ago

Confused with all the titles.

ICND1 and ICND2 are exams. Passing one or more exams typically gives you the right to claim a certification.

ICND1 (100-105) = CCENT
ICND1 + ICND2 (200-105) = CCNA Route/Switch

You may also take a combined exam to get the CCNA (200-125) if you don't want to take two separate exams, but this is usually only recommended for experienced network admins and won't give you the CCENT certification.

There are also other CCNA tracks with their own exam requirements, such as CCNA Collaboration, Cyber Ops, Security, Wireless, etc.

Comment deleted3 months ago

CCENT | CCNA
1 point · 3 months ago

or passing the CCNA Composite, which is basically two exams in one.

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs

and won't give you the CCENT certification.

True story! I have the NA, NP, passed the IE written, and am working on the IE lab, but no CCENT certification! No employer will hire me. <tears>

Slacker!

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs

I wonder if I went back and took ICND1 if I'd get it now. I'd imagine I would. Second question is that I wonder if I could pass ICND1 immediately w/o reviewing any of the topics.

CCENTian
1 point · 3 months ago

Do it and report back!

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs

Start a go fund me to pay for the exam fee!

a go fund me for a $150 test?

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs
1 point · 3 months ago

...that I already passed over a decade ago and don't need to take

I was actually more intrigued as to if it would actually work...

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs
1 point · 2 months ago

A go fund me, or passing the test without studying?

I always wonder this ... I'm only a CCNA but I wonder if I could sit one of the CompTIA exams again and pass first try ... I'm not spending the money to find out though haha ... I'll likely just let all my CompTIA certs expire honestly

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs