Posted byCCNP R&S CCNA Sec2 months ago

CCNA Security passed with a 920! My thoughts...

Passed yesterday, excited to do it on the first attempt. Definitely not an exam to underestimate. After reading all of the posts on this sub about the difficulty of the 210-260 exam I ramped up my studies and use of different materials.

What I used:

• Boson ExSim - This is essential, they do a great job of preparing you for the exam material. The included whitepapers are a must read if you want to really understand the material

• 31 Days to CCNA Security - Actually a really good resource for filling in the gaps

• OCG - Falls short on some material, but seems to hit other areas, Boson references it in several questions

• CBT Nuggets CCNA/CCNP Sec videos - Great for filing areas you don't understand

• Chris Bryant's CCNA Security Udemy course

• Cisco whitepapers/documentation!

• VIRL for ASA/ASDM labbing

On to the next cert, thinking of starting the journey towards a CCIE R&S. What is everyone else working on?

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software7 points · 2 months ago

Congrats! So glad we could help you prepare. :)

Boson! Thank you for the great content you put together and the live labs are an amazing learning tool.

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points · 2 months ago

You're totally welcome. :)

Congratulations on passing the exam! I heard of Chris Bryant's stuff being pretty good and I have his course on Udemy, I just need to buckle down and do it. My hardest obstacle is constructing a good study plan and timeline. Did you have any scheduled study time or order to completing your studying?

Packet Internet Groper2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats! I'm starting on this path myself. Did you find virl was was all you needed to lab?I have no clue about firepower so will need to spend some time lab bing. Also how long did you study for?

A+, N+, CCNA R&S2 points · 2 months ago

What scores were you getting on the Boson tests? I took my first one yesterday and got like 55-60% and am feeling discouraged atm.

keep at and read up on the whitepapers. it takes time, dont worry!

CCNA, A+, Sec+, Onto MS Azure and Programming2 points · 2 months ago

Great score! Good job!

I’m taking a ccna security plus course right now, will finish in summer then I’m taking it

CCNA Security, or Security+ ?

Wait, it’s CompTIA security +

You would have been surprised had you studied Sec+ and sat for CCNA Sec lol

Lol, I’m taking my fifth CCNA course next semester and it is ccna security

As far as i understand .. the difficulty with ccna security is that there a fewer good study materials than regular ccna

What do you think is possible timeline having 4 hours a day to study

Congratulations!

CCNA R/S1 point · 2 months ago

Awesome job!

Did you find CBT Nuggets worthwhile and what did you do for lab prep, etc.?

Brandon

Hitting up the CCDA, CCNA Sec.

Congrants!! I just started my journey into CCNA Certification. Unfortunately due to timing , I had to take the CCNA Security portion ahead of the CCNA Routing and Switching. This lead to backtracking to try to understand it all. I passed the CCNa Security class at my local community college which used NetAcad, but don't feel confident yet. Thanks for sharing your reference materials. I will look into them.

How is the difficulty compared to regular ccna r&s

If you had to study it again what would you do differently?

Congrats u/dcsrunner . I have heard of the Boson testing and prep services when working toward my NP. I am currently working on the NA Sec path and decided to download their practice exams due to your post . They are great and thanks for the post .

CCNA R&S/SEC1 point · 2 months ago

Congrats!

-5 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs