3560/3560G For CCNA Lab?

Title pretty much says it. I’m just wondering if that is a viable switch for CCNA Lab and how many Id need paired with what router?

I’m asking because I have these switches readily available to me.

Yes, these will work perfectly. I used 2811 routers.

Original Poster1 point · 2 months ago

I appreciate your response. I can get these for $25 each from a local vendor so I’m very excited. Thank you!

Original Poster1 point · 2 months ago

Also do you know how many I should need?

3 switches and 2 routers will probably be plenty.

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs1 point · 2 months ago

As someone with both 2800 and 1800 routers, I'd direct OP to look at the 1841 unless they need something it can't do, like say a DS3 NM. They're quieter and use less power, and pretty much can do everything.

That said, the 2811's are nice too, and if you can get them at a good deal and don't care about the power/noise, that would work as well, OP.

Yeah, they are loud.

Original Poster1 point · 2 months ago

I picked up 3 3560s yesterday trying to go with 2621 router.

A 2600 will get you going for a while. A lot of the fundamentals are the same. Be aware though, you're probably going to run into some problems of things you may want or need not being supported (I would think IPv6 support) as it's pretty old, and you may find some syntax differences. But with that said, there should be no reason (especially if you have the adv ip serv image, etc), that you can't bring up some static routing or basic EIGRP/OSPF between it and the switches.

The 3560s, if you upgrade to the latest firmware, should get you just about everything you will want for the CCNA.

Original Poster1 point · 2 months ago

Do you have any other router you’d suggest in pair with these switches? I work for a Communications company doing fiber infrastructure so the actual specifications for networks/switches/routers is all news to me.

1841, alternately 2800s

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs