Posted byNow with more Cisco!3 months ago

Cisco Live, anyone?

I know it's probably not part of many CCNA candidates plans, but a lot of you are here to teach, and I feel much more a member of this community than /r/cisco.

Is anyone attending Live! in Orlando next week?

This will be my first Live!, so I'm pretty excited about everything--except for the certification test I'm probably going to fail. Mostly I'm interested if anyone with a decent post history is going as well so we might meet up :).

Tales from previous conferences, dos and don'ts, and session recommendations are all welcome as well. Rants about how Live! isn't the same anymore, or what a bad value it is, or why DellJunipHPRista all leave Cisco in their dust are not.

Meow 馃悎馃悎Meow 馃惐馃惐 Meow Meow馃嵑馃悎馃惐Meow A+!10 points3 months ago

Yup I'll be there

Now with more Cisco!Original Poster3 points3 months ago

In true TPT form, you drop the shortest response, but somehow end up being the only one upvoted :)

Meow 馃悎馃悎Meow 馃惐馃惐 Meow Meow馃嵑馃悎馃惐Meow A+!3 points3 months ago

There is an upvote for you too buddy :)

I hope you will throw all the packets.

well im not going this year because its in florida and im in california but these next few years will be back in cali so yippee.

a few things i learned last year at ciscolive in vegas:

dont forget your free ciscolive backpack and shirt when u register that was awesome.

pack lightly on the shirts, you will get tons of free shirts from watching tons of demos from all the vendors.

be prepared to take home tons of little gadgets like pens, magnets, stickers, mugs, cups, hats, usb this, usb that, so think about all this when you need to jam all this into a suitcase on a plane.

food, there will be tons of free food and drinks at the main convention place everyday, and lunches if you pay for the ticket that gets u everything.

classes, dont over book yourself with classes or labs because u will get tired, u will be running around trying to get to all these classes and not enjoy everything.

do put one day aside to just take it all in, see all the different areas, watch some demos products, go to the event with the ceo, go to the night event for customer appreciation.

download the ciscolive app, it will show you all the classes you signed up for with reminders, and do plan your test day accordingly...so if your exam is on weds at 11 then dont book heavy that morning for a 2 hour class before your test.

Now with more Cisco!Original Poster2 points3 months ago

Literally everyone brings up the backpack. Is it that great?

I'm packing just carry-on in side my suitcase for the trip there, but checking it inside my suitcase. I can expand to the suitcase, or to two bags if necessary on the way home.

I also learned after DevNetCreate where they gave away PoE switches that sometimes it's easier to just ship that stuff home from your hotel :)

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs2 points3 months ago

Literally everyone brings up the backpack. Is it that great?

uhh, it's not that great, but it's like a $2,100 backpack. I do use it pretty often now, I just wish it had a chest strap. I didn't really get much swag last year because I don't know that I need a bunch of shit, even though I drove, but I'll let you know that A) little kids love the plixer sword and B) you can't take it in your carry on.

I had a good time, go socialize with random people, drink beer, eat food, etc. See if you can meet up with PT for a bit to kind of show you around. Personally I skipped most of the keynotes and I didn't hit the tradeshow floor too hard, spent more time doing some lab stuff, a cert exam, going to some sessions etc.

You can watch pretty much every session and every speech after the fact, so don't get too hung up on having to miss something due to a conflict or whatever.

The free registration backpack is worth over $2,000? What's in it? lol

Air

I hear air is a hot commodity

Especially hot and humid air in Florida.

I'll be there!

CCNA R&S3 points3 months ago

I'll be there! Anyone know if there is any kind of meetup planned like last year?

Don't forget about the receptions in the World of Solutions... free beer! There's usually a party every night if you know where to look.. vendors, public/private sector events, etc. There are lots of opportunities to have a lot of fun but remember that you have to wake up and sit in sessions all day.

I know SolarWinds usually gets a lot of hate because of their sales folks but if you don't have anything going on late Tuesday afternoon there's a user group happening. I'll be there!

Don't stress your exam, use it as a learning experience to absorb the pace and the questions. Have a printout of the exam topics in your backpack and take notes as soon as you get out of the testing center.

Now with more Cisco!Original Poster1 point3 months ago

No, but we could plan one.

I've got a love/hate relationship with SW, but I do need to learn more about it. I'm positive we are criminally underusing it.

No definitely not. I feel like a veteran exam taker now, so I'm not worried at all. We've just been fighting fires for the last two months at work so my study schedule has been blown to hell. It's free, though, so I'll take it as a preview for when I take it for real.

CCNA R&S1 point3 months ago

The SWUG might be a good idea, then. The latest releases just came out with some awesome new features for network management.

Now with more Cisco!Original Poster1 point3 months ago

I'll try to make it. Can you link or PM me details?

CCNA R&S1 point3 months ago

Ah shoot, it looks like they're at capacity as of this morning. Yesterday there were a few seats left. Keep an eye out, though: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/events/2484. Additionally, there will be a booth in the World of Solutions where you can talk to the product managers and head geeks about the tools you're interested in. I would definitely recommend stopping by.

I'll be there. It will be my first time attending Cisco live. I hope you all have a great time!

Just 'cause it ain't in my flair doesn't mean I don't have certs1 point3 months ago

Next week? That's early.

Sorry to you and /u/the-packet-thrower but I will not be there this year. Have a whiskey and a kitten for me!

Meow 馃悎馃悎Meow 馃惐馃惐 Meow Meow馃嵑馃悎馃惐Meow A+!1 point3 months ago

I shall, next Live it is then!

they need to not go to California, because it fucking sucks balls, and go back to the 'Bay. Also because I can stop at Moab on the way.

Now with more Cisco!Original Poster1 point3 months ago

Seeing as I'll be buying it for me and not you, it'll be a Gin, but I'll pretend it's a lesser liquor if that makes you happy :)

I find your terms acceptable

CCIE Collaboration1 point3 months ago

I will be there

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software1 point3 months ago

Boson will be there. Sadly, I never get to go. :(

CCNA Sec - R&S /A+/Net+/Sec+1 point3 months ago

That's great that Boson will be there. Sorry, you will not be. They do have a booth?

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points3 months ago

Yep, always do! :) My boss (John O.) will be there. Tell him I sent you!

CCNA Sec - R&S /A+/Net+/Sec+1 point3 months ago

Will do!

Meow 馃悎馃悎Meow 馃惐馃惐 Meow Meow馃嵑馃悎馃惐Meow A+!1 point3 months ago

I will pass along your message of 鈥渉ello from /u/bosonmichael

CCNA Sec - R&S /A+/Net+/Sec+2 points3 months ago

Definitely going. Work is paying :)

CCIE Storage, Data Center1 point3 months ago

Heading that way

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs
Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn More.