Posted byNet+, CCENT2 months ago

(ICND1 passed 861/832

Barely passed but dammit I did it. I feel like I knew a lot more than my score shows, but I also think I rushed a couple towards the end.

Lammle Boson NetSim Online free practice questions Packet tracer

Was what I used to study. Been on and off studying, but the last month I went hard about 10 hours per day 6 days out the week.

Thanks to this sub for the enlightened questions and answers floating round this sub.

Edit: Couple of practice tests I used.

https://www.learncisco.net/test-ccna.php?exam=100-105 (above one is a good one)

http://www.gocertify.com/quizzes/cisco/ https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=ccent-practice-certification-exam-1

These are all ICND1 practice exams

CCENT, CCNA5 points · 2 months ago

Congrats, what were you getting on boson exams?

Net+, CCENTOriginal Poster2 points · 2 months ago

Thanks! I used the boson netsim instead of exam sim all my test questions came from free online material/ websites. Supposedly, the netsim can be used to study up to CCIE I believe.

JNCIA-Junos | CCENT3 points · 2 months ago

Congratulations!

Wow congrats! What a study session!

Net+, CCENTOriginal Poster3 points · 2 months ago

Thanks, now I need to catch back up at work lol

CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+3 points · 2 months ago

Congrats!! Good luck on ICND2!

Net+, CCENTOriginal Poster1 point · 2 months ago

thx! How long did you study for the ICND2? What were your study habits?

CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+2 points · 2 months ago

I'm a student at WGU and ICND2 was a 12 week class. I studied at least 3 hours a day, using Odom's book, but also using Chris Bryant and Neil Anderson's videos on Udemy. I also had access to Boson's Netsim program which was extremely useful, but the clincher is Boson's Exam Enviroment, which are practice tests that are incredibly difficult, but explain every answer in minute detail.

I don't work in IT, so some of the concepts of ICND2 took a little longer to grasp than ICND1, especially some of the Software Defined Networking and APIC Module stuff. If you can do ICND1, you can do ICND2 for sure!

Net+, CCENTOriginal Poster1 point · 2 months ago

did you purchase the boson exam seperately or was it a part of the class? I'm interested as I'm starting WGU in Aug. Really would like to complete my icnd2 before I start but seeing that I just passed 1 two days ago, is it possible?

CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+2 points · 2 months ago

Both Boson product are included with tuition to WGU.

I'd say that testing in August depends on you....if you have a background in networking and have looked over the exam objectives and think you know enough already, then you might be able to do it.

The exam cost is also included in tuition as well. The good thing with WGU is you can go as fast as you want. If you study from now until August, enroll, then take ICND2 as your first class, you could probably knock it out pretty fast. I assume you've talked to your Student Mentor? they can set you up on the way you need to go!

Is this the normal studying habits for ICND1...I mean this seems insane...

Net+, CCENTOriginal Poster1 point · 2 months ago

I've seen people passing while studying less, I think less hours equals longer wait of completion imo. But it all really depends on how you digest the information

I know a guy who got his CCNA back in the day after studying non-stop for 10 days. I'm doing a few hours a day split between Red Hat and ICND1, and I'm 900 pages in with about 450 to go for both. Then I have to review.

Depends on your level and how you test.

Congratulations and thanks you for the information.

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats! Glad we could help.

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs