Posted byCCENT2 months ago

ICND1 Passed

875/1000 at Cisco Live!

I didn't really study as much as I should have for this. I spent most of my time on TestOut and Boson practice exams. I was making mid 700's up to a 900+ one time on my Boson exams.

For my ICND2 I think I'll spend some more time reading and maybe making some study cards to supplement studying with the practice exams.

CCENT3 points · 2 months ago

Me too! Took mine this morning at 9, first cert exam ever. Passed with 912. Congratulations!

CCENTOriginal Poster1 point · 2 months ago

Congrats!

Net+, CCENT2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats!

Advice? I'm looking to take this after I finish the Odom book.

CCENTOriginal Poster5 points · 2 months ago

Study often but give yourself breaks between practice tests. Even with the random questions on the Boson practice exam I found myself learning the test and not all of the underlying material. Like I would bring up a new question and immediately knew the answer after reading part of the sentence because I remembered that particular question and answer.

Also, use the Study mode on any practice exam you take. I would try to answer the question without looking and then would check the answer and read the explanation before continuing.

Read everything carefully... I got lots of questions on practice exams wrong because I didn't read well enough (too fast) or was connected to the wrong device and not seeing the config I needed to be looking at.

Get familiar with the topics list on Cisco's website. Don't assume practice material is going to cover everything.

Congrats dude! Taking mine late July. Thanks for the input!

Congrats man !

JNCIA-Junos | CCENT2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats!

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats! Glad we could help. :)

Congrats bro! I am in the process of re0doing my CCNA from 3 years ago, If I can ask, how many questions/topics are related to IPv6? It is the only topic I need to brush up on

CCENTOriginal Poster2 points · 2 months ago

Since this was my first Cisco test I'm not really sure on my footing here in regards to answering that question.

IPv6 is in the ICND1 List of Topics on Cisco's website though so I'd definitely brush up on it. It's an area I still consider myself a bit weak in as well... we run dual-stack but never really finished the implementation so it works but I dont consider it complete.

It's going to depend on the version of the test that you get...and asking that question puts the person answering in danger of violating the NDA - not a good thing!

Not really, you are allowed to say what is contained within the test at a high level. Obviously you are not allowed to quote the questions but you could say 'around 30% of quesitons contained IPv6 in some format' or similar

From the NDA, section 2.1:

You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, changes to an exam prior to Cisco’s announcement of such changes, or any communication, including oral communication, regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Confidential Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.

Just as there are "Cisco answers" to questions, I'm sure there are "Cisco interpretations" of the NDA language - better safe than sorry.

That is broad. So broad you could argue OP has already broken it by letting us know what he scored. The 'Without Limitation' suggests that even us talking about it now means we are breaking the NDA...

I don't see where 'test score' is in that list, but you do you.

'You are expressly prohibited from disclosing' 'any related information including, without limitation' ' or any communication, including oral communication, regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Confidential Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose.'

Wrtitten right there pal. Get down of whatever moral high horse you think you are on for whatever reason... Why the fuck are you even responding to this all the time mate? I asked a simple question about how heavily focused on IPv6 is the new sylabus... If you do not know then do not answer.. simple!

If I can ask, how many questions/topics are related to IPv6?

Sounds like you were asking about the test, not the syllabus.

Being a prior certificate holder, I'm sure you're familiar with Cisco's website. Maybe you should go there and look at the "Network Fundamentals" section which is weighted as 15% of the test and figure out for yourself how many questions you might find?

Oh, and downvoting my replies because I wouldn't cave to your BS - are you 12?

fucking grow up you stupid little cunt.

Says the yob cussing and downvoting like an infant.

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs