Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Posted by
CCNA R&S/SEC
6 days ago

Passed CCNA Secuity

I just wanted to say thanks to those of you on this sub that shared some of their study methods for this exam. I had never bought the boson exams for my other certifications but after talking to you guys I decided to give them a try and they were awesome. I used the official IINS v3.0 course from Cisco paired with cbt nuggets and the boson exams. Cisco's official course was great to learn all of the major topics, technologies, and devices covered in the exam but boson is what really narrowed down to some of the specifics that the test asks about. I also work with ASAs daily so that probably helped a bit as well when it came to the lab.

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software
2 points · 5 days ago

Congrats! Glad our exams could help. :)

CCNA R&S/SEC
1 point · 6 days ago

Congrats!

CCNA R&S/SEC
Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

Thanks!

Hey, I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful but I'm looking to get into the security industry. What are the range of salaries in your department?

CCNA R&S/SEC
Original Poster2 points · 6 days ago

Honestly it varies a ton based on experience, position, location of employment, and type of company. If you work in a NOC as an engineer 1 or 2 then you are looking at 45k - 65k a year. If you have networking experience and land a job as a network administrator 60k is the base all the way up to 6 figures depending on the type of company you work for. A network admin for a hospital, even a small one, usually makes quite a bit more than a network admin for a business of the same size. For me personally, starting out with no networking experience and just a CCNA route switch my salary range was 44k to 55k.

MTA:Net,A+,Net+,Sec+,CCENT
1 point · 6 days ago

"IT security" is very broad. Everything from systems to applications to networks to governance and compliance.. each of those can be pretty deep and have specialists.

Anywhere from 35k to 200k. Most people I know who are entry to mid level in IT Security are making 45k to 90k.

Entry level in security is more like mid level in general IT.

Highly variable salaries depending on the vertical (healthcare, government, financial, higher education, etc) and location.

experience, certifications, cost of living, how much respect does the company give IT jobs will reflect on the payscales tremendously.

my same job duties varies company to company i see ($55k-85k) in my town.

CCNA Sec+
1 point · 6 days ago

Congrats! I'm in the same boat as you and passed today as well.

CCNA R&S/SEC
Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

Sweet, congrats.

JNCIA-Junos | CCENT
1 point · 6 days ago

Congratulations!

Grats! Hopefully I'll be saying this too in the next year!

Congrats! Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

r/ccna Rules

No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs