Thoughts on retaking CCENT for a better score?

Hey CCNA subreddit fam. Today I took my ICND1 exam today and passed with score that I am ultimately not very pleased with. What is everyone's thoughts/opinions on retaking a passed exam for a better score? I'm a bit worried this "eh" passing score would affect my chances of getting my career started once I obtain my CCNA. Is it worth it to retake and try to get a better score or is it a better idea to focus on passing the ICND2 now?

Best regards - Ray

Edit: Thanks for the replies. I'll keep in mind that a pass is a pass for certs, but will most definitely focus on my weak areas from the exam score breakdown.

Now with more Cisco!
16 points · 7 days ago

Studying your weak areas even after a pass is a great idea.

No one is ever going to ask your score--especially on a CCENT. Honestly, you're going to have a hard enough time getting anyone to care about your CCENT at all. A pass is a pass; a little review is good, but your time and money are better spent passing your ICND2.

Think of the score on these certs as a 1 or 0. You got a 1 which means you passed and is the only thing that matters. Nobody will ask what your score was. Review your weak areas and move onto the next.

A+ | Network+ | CCNA-RS
5 points · 7 days ago

I don't think you're employer would care about what you scored on the exam other than the fact that you did indeed pass it.

About your point on retaking ICND1, that's entirely up to you, but as I said, no one cares what you scored out of 832. There is a retake policy of 180 days if you passed an exam of similar code of you wish a retake.

5 points · 6 days ago

Along with everyone else, no employer has cared much about an exam score even with exams they've asked me to take (eg UCCX Specialisation exam); they just want the pass mark for the Cisco Partner stuff, or Learning Credits etc..

CCNA R&S/SEC
5 points · 6 days ago

Since you stated you passed, you cannot ICND1 again (unless they revise the test and its associated number) for 180 days from date of original pass:

Retaking Exams

The policies for retaking exams are as follows: ** Once passed, a candidate must wait a minimum of 180 days before taking the same exam with an identical exam number.** Candidates who violate these policies are in violation of the agreement. Such conduct is strictly prohibited as described in the Cisco Certification and Confidentiality Agreement.

5 points · 7 days ago

If you want to understand better repeat some exercises/reviews of ccent while you study ccna until you feel your base knowledge is good enough to your liking

So cough it up then mate, I need a laugh

Original Poster2 points · 6 days ago

Laugh at deez

Lol way to go though man, a pass means you deserve the title, cut and dry. I don't think I've ever had an above average passing grade so I wouldn't beat yourself up, those last few are always the hardest.

I know a guy who scored a 832 on the dot. He's currently working in IT full-time. The score does not matter.

CCNA R&S | CCNA Collaboration
3 points · 6 days ago

Doesn't matter. Never had an employer ask what score I got on my exams. If you pass, you pass.

It's not the SAT/ACT, no one cares about the score

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software
5 points · 6 days ago

A pass is a pass. No potential employer will ask for your score (and if they ever do, run very quickly in the other direction - that's not an employer you'd want to work for).

3 points · 6 days ago

Check out the retake information for your exam. If it’s anything like the Security+ exam I took, they specifically mention that you aren’t allowed to take the same exam again after you’ve passed.

A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA in progress
2 points · 6 days ago

Score doesn't matter. Your cert won't show it so there is no way for an employer to even verify your score anyways if they did ask.

CCNP R&S
2 points · 6 days ago

Nobody will know what your score is unless you tell them. I've literally never heard of anyone caring what someone scored other than maybe colleagues who are also interested in the certifications. Even then, we all know that a pass is a pass. Management just wants to know that you passed.

You know what they call the guy who graduated dead last in his class at Med School?

DOCTOR

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs