Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Sitting for 300-320 (ARCH) tomorrow, wish me luck!

Found out last week that I was going to get to Cisco Live, which includes a complementary cert exam. With 4 days to prep, I decided to go for the CCDP exam. I've speed read the ARCH Foundation Learning book to go with my CCIE lab prep knowledge.

Wish me luck everyone! If I pass, I'll follow up by taking the CCDA exam to actually get the title and become a triple Professional cert holder.

EDIT: I passed with a 945! Super excited. Now I get to focus on my CCIE lab exam to earn two new titles

I mean at least Cisco Live will be fun...

Original Poster5 points · 7 days ago

It is fun, I was able to tell Keith Barker an NSFW networking joke and I've learned a couple of cool things already

well now you have to share the NSFW joke with us.

Original Poster6 points · 7 days ago

A frame relay circuit goes into McDonalds and orders a breakfast sandwich. When it arrives, the circuit looks at it, walks up to the cashier and says "Wheres my FECN BECN?!?"

Arch was probably the single hardest professional level exam I have take to date. Good luck with 4 days prep

Original Poster5 points · 7 days ago

Just an update: I passed! Got a 945

congrats!

Nice score, planning on this in the near future.

Original Poster2 points · 7 days ago

Remember the following:

3 is your magic number for all the things

Know OTV, VXLAN, and Fabric Path.

VSS and all of its components are a must.

ECMP, vPC, Unequal cost multipath, which IGPs support which, as well as the various methods of traffic engineering/path preference modifications for BGP in either direction.

Also, knowing FHRPs are a must, including which ones use all devices, which are non-vendor exclusive, and how to manipulate which device is active.

Thanks for the tips :-) will let you know I get on!

Was looking to go for CCDA and CCDP. Would you say the material was helpful to learn areas that you may not be exposed to in your day to day work?

Edit: congrats!

Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

Yes, the aci, otv, and vxlan material was quite useful

Congrats, I'm more interested on your comment about speed reading. How'd you learn to?

Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

Actually, I'm not much of a speed reader, but, I'm currently prepping for my CCIE lab exam (second attempt) and being a Sr. Network Engineer allowed me to skep a number of topics in the book and focus on the remaining subjects that I'm not well versed in. In total, I read ~30% of the book to get what I needed.

2 points · 6 days ago

Got you, congrats again and good luck on your IE.

Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

Thanks!

The fact you decided 4 days before that you were going to do a complementary exam, and you were able to, is amazing.

They had "run out" long before then last year. Surprisingly they hadn't run out of half price exams. Hmmm....

Also how does the CCIE lab get you two new titles? Or are you saying IE lab instead of CCDA?

Original Poster2 points · 4 days ago

Since I haven't taken the CCDA exam, but have passed arch, route, and switch exams, having your CCIE can count in place of the CCDA.

Yah, I'm aware of that, but you originally said

I'll follow up by taking the CCDA exam

Original Poster1 point · 4 days ago

My bad, that was my original plan before I realized that the CCIE could count towards that requirement

r/ccnp Rules

No posting of illegal materials
No posting of "braindumps"
Be courteous and helpful