Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

See? You are OK [OC]

Woah dude, slow down with the celestial knowledge

492 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

The new generation of comics has just born. We are witnessing history being made.

The symbolism is just... Breathtaking.

We live in a society.

5 points · 10 days ago(2 children)

That's hilarious. But what is the hidden meaning of the 3rd sentence following the comic.

It doesn’t have any meaning. That account is a spam bot used to get people to visit his basic image hosting site that is loaded with ads. The text is pure nonsense, auto generated in order to keep you on the page a little bit longer

2 more replies

102 points · 10 days ago

OK

138 points · 10 days ago

Get back up dude get your shit together (╯°□°)╯︵ 옷

21 points · 10 days ago

요TL

OH

Enter me

O|->

This position is better

Your name makes me weep.

can't weep if you kill Sif fast enough.

(he says in parentheses)

OGC

That is a dude jacking off

OHM

Don't know what that one is

A car crash

3 points · 10 days ago

XD

3 more replies

No, keep doing that. I feel my head detaching from my sticks

3 more replies

1.3k points · 11 days ago

Phenomenal.

OK

36 points · 10 days ago

OG=

29 points · 10 days ago

Stop masturbating while standing up sir 🛑

Orz

2 more replies

Not at the table Carlos

I like how he used the same drawing for the text and the guy

This concept was done months ago by Take This, a non-profit that supports people in the gaming industry who suffer from depression and mental illness. Here

2.5k points · 11 days ago

This comic is ahead of our time.

511 points · 10 days ago

OK

ok

ok

61 points · 10 days ago

ok

ok

25 points · 10 days ago
OK

OK

76 points · 10 days ago

o|<

👌

You're on for an adventure eh?

'cause it's a long way forward so trust in me

ok

23 points · 10 days ago

KO

Woah easy there fella.

His head fell off

I thought he was just doing yoga

He'll be OK

Lets

4 more replies

2nd read is better. Like rewatching The Prestige.

6 more replies

this is the type of shit that'll be in textbooks

469 points · 10 days ago

textboOKs

36 points · 10 days ago

See

Ok

oh my god it already is

It's already printed out and up in my classroom

Or in a karaoke. Or a bespoke joke.

3 more replies

611 points · 11 days ago

I did not see that coming

OK

I’m never going to look at that word the same again.

227 points · 11 days ago

Damn.

KO

Oh my god, this man has been beheaded! Send for help!

OK

Ah he’s OK now

Good work boys

73 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

You got retweeted by Terry Moore. Very nice.

25 points · 10 days ago

who?

38 points · 10 days ago

Terry Moore.

16 points · 10 days ago

who?

TERRY MORE JUST RETWEETED THIS SHIT

OK

Who?

2 more replies

To be fair OP is Nicholas Gurewitch off of Perry Bible Fellowship. They probably know each other.

Genius.

1 more reply

I'm kind of angry at how brilliant this is.

109 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

perry, about one of your comics..

the one with lobster headed matched date.. he sees the cross necklace on her and he looks sad afterwards? could you explain

Not op, but I can explain the joke. The lobster is indicated as being jewish, while the cross indicates that the date is christian. Interfaith relationships tend to be frowned upon by the more rigid members of the Jewish community. So despite this girl looking for exactly the sort of thing the lobster man is, his faith prevents him from dating her.

13 points · 10 days ago(28 children)
144 points · 10 days ago

you're missing the irony that she can accept him for a lobster head but he can't accept her for her religion. I mean, I guess it's not really funny, but it gave me a chuckle.

10 more replies

11 points · 10 days ago

It's more satirical than funny.

17 points · 10 days ago

He obviously is having trouble finding love and finally when he finds a beautiful someone interested in exactly him, he breaks it off because she isn't Jewish. His lack of a partner is obviously self inflicted. It's like laughing about the "woe is me" nice guys who are actually jerks. (See /r/niceguys) Also there's some irony about a Jewish lobster since many Jews don't eat lobster for religious reasons.

Could be wrong, but afaik Jewish humans don't eat human for religious reasons too...

I just checked my Bible, we can't eat humans either (except for Jesus).

8 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

I think you missed his hat. It's a yarmulke (spelling?). That's how you know he's jewish.

edit: I noticed someone else pointed this out below. Yes, in the first panel it looks like part of the poster, setting up the punchline reveal in the last panel (after the cross necklace) where it's obviously a jew hat.

I didn’t notice the hat in the comic the first time I saw it either. It’s miniscule except for the last panel.

2 points · 10 days ago

Didn't notice it at all until someone said he was jewish. I just figured he was a normal person who didn't like religious people. Plus, I'm not sure if it is a hat or a monster truck tyre in the second panel.

I think it's just making fun of people who can't see past someone's faith even though they're perfect for each other

9 more replies

4 more replies

15 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

I haven't read the comic in question, but possibly because the Jewish and Muslim religions forbid eating shellfish but Christianity does not. *edit. I read the comic and the lobster is wearing a yamacha. She is perfect for him but they are different religions so they can't be together.

11 points · 10 days ago · edited 10 days ago

You missed the fact he's a monster-truck loving lobster-headed werewolf.

The joke is about people who have unreasonable, arbitrary and specific criteria for a potential lover but then wonder why they're alone. Lobster-head + monster-trucks + werewolf is just an absurd example of that kind of thing - she can look past those ridiculously weird qualities but he can't look past something mundane like religion.

I don't think this is quite right. After all, her criteria are a lot more specific than his. She isn't looking past his weird qualities, she is looking for them. I think the comic is specifically trying to satirize prejudice against mixed-faith relationships. The religious imagery is deliberately obfuscated in the second panel. I interpret this as the author saying that organized religion is not as important as the individuals.

oh i didnt notice the yamacha because i thought it was the tires of the truck

is it supposed to be funny because he is such a great match, but simply because of religion they can't meet?

It's a sort of subversion of reality

1 more reply

Muslim religions forbid eating shellfish

Not necessarily true. There are various schools of law in the Islamic faith -- all mutually respected and held to be valid by all other schools, and some schools of law permit eating a lot more animals than other schools based on principles of jurisprudence they abide by. So though Hanafis wouldn't eat shellfish (though prawns are considered an exception by some hanafis) as they consider the Qur'an verse to only permit eating fish and argue that shellfish aren't fish but crustaceans (this is why other hanafis don't permit prawns either, though the other hanafis respond by proffering arguments such as prawns being considered fish by early Arabs such as those when revelation came down). Other schools, such as the Maliki and Shafi'i schools (and Hanbali too if I recall correctly) permit eating all animals of the sea pretty much.

2 more replies

2 points · 10 days ago

Holy shit, didn't even realize this was pbf.

1 more reply

I like comics like this where the focus is on a good pun with quirky execution. 5/7, best of the best.

You son of a gun

My mother was a gun

My father was a sandwich

My nephew was a monkey

So you're a monkeys Uncle.

So you're a sondwich?

7 more replies

152 points · 11 days ago

Ks are just decapitated stick figures. ..o͡..K..

KKKKKKKK <-- Graveyard

more like the french revolution

QuoiQuoiQuoiQuoiQuoiQuoiQuoi

QuoiQuoiQuoiQuoiQuoiQuoiQuoi pas?

Getting a "K" as a reply kinda feels the same too

More like heads-up-asses-train

oKKKKKK <-- Human centipede

3 points · 10 days ago · edited 9 days ago

Now I feel bad because that's how we laugh in Portuguese

OOOOOOOO <-- Cambodian skulls

4 more replies

OK OC OP, OK

13 points · 10 days ago

Is this loss?

아< 옷

14 points · 10 days ago

Well fucking done

Is this loss?

84 points · 10 days ago
23 points · 10 days ago

Why did he flip around after falling backwards though?

So he is still OK

Shit man. This is good.

But it's 4 panels, it MUST be!

OK

that’s what i was thinking

Baby don't hurt me

No, this is Patrick.

almost

Such a missed opportunity

1 more reply

was about to say what a dick move it was to post it without the source, but then i saw OP's username

웃 웃
웃 웃
웃 웃
OK 웃

I thought the body spelled ok in the last panel

r/woooosh ? Or am I being r/woooosh ed?

I'm guessing the latter, at the moment.

I don't know if r/woooosh applies.

What's it called when you get the joke, but somehow fail to realise that you got the joke? Is that a thing?

As in: a when you hear a stupid joke, and you get it, but you think that what you got is too stupid to be correct, so you think you didn't get it, but you did?

Well duh

Clearly. Although, we might have to follow r/UNBG 's example and call it: r/WYHASJAYGIBYTTWYGITSTBCSYTYDGIBYD . I bet that totally fits now.

2 points · 10 days ago

Oh agreed, that is definitely a lot more memorable!

14 points · 10 days ago

It does

Yes and also the OK could be a body in the second panel. It's brilliant.

mind blown

3 points · 10 days ago

Oh.

Thanks. I had no idea what anyone was going on about.

it did. but you thought it did, too.

Brilliant!

...but his head fell off.

If his head hadn't come off he'd still be a stick figure. Can't be OK if there isn't a gap between the O and the K.

Where can I buy this?

4 points · 10 days ago

I'm ashamed this took me a minute to understand

is there like a glass of water casting a shadow on this? /r/mildlyinfuriating

3 points · 10 days ago

It's there to prevent you from just printing this picture, so if you want this want to have this hang on the wall or put on a mug you have to buy the print from the artist

1 more reply

Oof ow... wait, now I'm oK

ANNIE ARE YOU OK, ANNIE ARE YOU OK ARE YOU OK ANNIE.

0l<

OGC

This is the kind of thing that becomes a meme. I hope to start seeing OK in place of [Dies] soon!

This is somehow not loss.

the other guy should be OTL at that point

ok OTL

1 more reply

Our minds have been expanded.

Yo that’s actually genius

Can't unsee.

This was one of the top posts on highdeas

OK

1 more reply

It took me a few seconds to notice this. At first I thought it was loss. But when I did, I started cackling

I'm having a rough time with my mental health right now... This really cheered me up for some reason. I needed this. Thank you <3

OK 옷

Nice Original Kontent.

Awesome! And, damn. My intials are DE and I've been signing my artwork with it sideways because it makes a neat little tripod character. ...and here I thought I was being clever. :-/

2 points · 10 days ago

This comic will be the begining of a new age

웃 웃. OK 웃.

Underrated comic

3 points · 10 days ago

I used to be dyslexic, but I'm KO now.

2 points · 10 days ago

Looks like a yoga pose. No wonder you're OK.

I thought this is loss reference

Comment deleted10 days ago(1 child)

😂😂😂

Is this loss?

Made me laugh in real life, maybe 5 full-volume "ha"s. Well done.

2 more replies

Good one

Very nice

My good the head came clean off!

Made me chuckle

Strangely, I feel slightly angry at myself for laughing.

He's not ok! His head fell off!

Good work!

A little question for the op, what drawing material are you using?

He's decapitated.

217 more replies

Everything related to print comics (comic books, graphic novels, and strips) and web comics. Artists are encouraged to post their own work. News and media for adaptations based on comic books are welcome. Read [the subreddit wiki](http://goedhartvoordieren.nl/?page=r/comics/wiki/index) for more information about the subreddit.

r/comics Rules

No complaining
Don't attack artists posting their content.
No drama or trolling
Do not abuse the [OC] system
Rehosted/Hotlinked copy of web comic
Don't post edits to comics that you didn't make
Don't shitpost
Piracy
Punchline in the post title
Not relevant to the subreddit